Author Topic: My Days At The Academy  (Read 2490 times)

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
My Days At The Academy
« on: January 21, 2009, 11:40:29 PM »
(This is a star trek fanfiction i wrote a while ago it's set from 2378-2382 and takes place at Starfleet Academy.I will be posting one or two parts per day I should have it all up in a week. if you want to join please make sure you are familiar with the star trek mythos and college life and wait till im finished before you ask me to join. you will need to create a character it can be any species from any fictional universe.)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 11:44:17 PM by Yarin »
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
Re: My Days At The Academy
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 11:45:43 PM »
Yarin's personal log:
Nyac date 29th of Mizrig 28th year of the tenth age.
Terran date March 29th 2378.
I still can not believe it tomorrow the transport ship is coming to take me to Earth, where I will be enrolled in Starfleet Academy. I have never met Humans before I hope they are friendly.

Yarin's personal log:
Nyac date 30th of Mizrig 28th year of the tenth age.
Terran date March 30th 2378
I arrived at Starfleet Academy a few hours ago. I found my way to my assigned room, and had just begun to unpack my things when suddenly two humanoids walk into the room. "Hi." One of them says. "I'm Evan Letiso from Earth, and this," he said pointing to his companion. "Is Drualles 163 from Hermat." "Call me Dru," s/he said. "Greetings, I am Yarin from Nya." I said shaking both their hands simultaneously. "Nice arms" Dru said smiling. "Nice fangs" I replied.
"So," Evan said, "looks like we're roommates. But there are four beds here. Who else is coming?"
Suddenly a tall broad shouldered Klingon walked into the room. "I am Korath son of Morta," the Klingon said. "Greetings I am Yar-" I began "I do not care who you are," Korath interrupted, as he made his way to an empty bed. "Hey now there's no need to be rude," Dru said. "Silence Hermat," Korath said, giving Dru a shove. Dru shoved him back. Sensing a conflict about to begin I stepped in between them, pushing them apart with my four arms. "Enough," I said shouting the word into their heads for emphasis. Being from a telepathic race, this was easy enough to do, although, it is a cultural taboo to actually read the minds of others but it is another thing to simply enter and leave quickly. "I know we are all tired but there is no need to fight." "Weaklings," Korath muttered, as he sat down on his bed. What an odd group of people, I thought. Well if I am going to survive here, I might as well get used to them.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 10:51:14 AM by Yarin »
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 10:53:04 AM »
Yarin's personal log:
Nyac date 1st of Udar 28th year of the tenth age.
Terran date March 31st 2378
I have just been given my class list. Today I have Astrophysics, Earth history, and Xenobiology.
I arrive to my Xenobiology class early, and look around. I spot an empty seat next to Dru and move towards hir. "Hey Yar how are you?" S/he asks running a hand through hish short cropped orange hair. I smile at hir shortening of my name. "I’m well," I replied.
"I didn't sleep very well last night." Dru confessed to me.
"Korath?" I ask?
"Yes I just don't trust him."
"He's just homesick," I reply
"How do you know?"
I shrug sheepishly "I sensed it when he entered the room yesterday."
Hish eyes widened in slight surprise, "Your empathic?"
"As well as telepathic yes, as a rule my species doesn't go around reading others minds but emotions are a lot easily to sense," I smile "and a lot more fun."
Dru smiles back
"Whoever heard of a homesick Klingon anyway?" S/he wonders.
Klingon or not, its an emotion we can all relate to, I said.
"Alright," S/he says "I'll try to be more understanding."
Just then the Professor a tall human male, walks into the classroom, and the lesson begins.

I finish my classes for the day and find myself in the mess hall. I see Evan sitting at a table and make my way over to him. Soon Dru joins us. "So," Evan asks by way of conversation. "How was everyone first day?"
"Brutal I didn't get a thing Corvine told us in Xenobiology." Dru said between mouthfuls of food.
"Really?" I inquire. "I found his lecture quite easy to understand."
"Well some of us don't come from a culture devoted entirely to science." Dru says.
"What I found challenging was my Earth history class," I turn to Evan. "Your species had a very violent past. I find some concepts difficult to comprehend such as slavery, and holy wars."
"What about you Evan," Dru asks. "My first day was okay, nothing I couldn't handle," He says. "Hey look," Evan says as he points to a table on the opposite side of the mess hall. Sitting by himself quietly eating a plate of still living Gagh is Korath. The dour Klingon finishes quickly, gets up and leaves.

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 10:54:03 AM »
Yarin's personal log:
Nyac date 8th of Udar 28th year of the tenth age.
Terran date April 7th 2378
What a week this has been. A lot has happened both good and bad. Some good news is that I think Dru is attracted to me. I'm not sure however, so I’m going to talk to Evan about what I should do. Some bad news Korath's mood hasn't improved during the past week he is even more surly and short tempered than when we first met. Its really becoming a problem.

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 10:55:09 AM »
(That's all I'm gonna post for today. so what do you all think so far?)

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 01:14:46 PM »
I meet with Evan alone in the Mess Hall. "So what did you want to talk to me about?" He asks. "How do you know if someone is attracted to you?" I ask. His eyes widened and he smiles as he puts his arm around my shoulder, saying. "Good for you buddy, so who is she?"
"It's Dru," I reply.
Evan nearly chokes on his meal.
"Dru," he shouts. Several people look at him, he ignores them. "Dru," he says again, this time much quieter. "When did this happen?"
"Ten minutes ago"
"Well what happened?"
"We were in the dorm studying when I suddenly feel something. I look down and I see Dru. S/he has brushed hish leg against mine. I look back up to find hir smiling at me. There's more, the emotional sense i was receiving from hir was pure amorasity, it was so strong it was almost palpable."
"So what did you do then?"
"I paniced, I made some excuse about having to go talk to you and I got the Paox out of there."
"Well how do you feel about hir?"
"I don't know, s/he's nice and everything." I stood up "I know what im going to do." I run back to the dorm. Dru is sitting on hish bed. "I thought I scared you off," s/he said. "No more talking," I say as I move closer and kiss hir.

Sanchez awoke from his dream. What was that? He thought. Aliens going to school on Earth in the year 2378. Was that some kind of prophetic vision or just from the leftover pizza I had before going to bed? As a struggling author he knew it was stupid to turn down inspiration when it came to you. "I'd better write this down." he said, and he did.

The next morning

Sanchez was at his computer furiously typing away. He was trying to get his thoughts in order. There, he thought. Done. Sanchez then read out loud what he had written. "Yarin and Dru had just broken apart from their kiss. It had been Yarin's first time kissing anyone let alone a hermaphrodite, he wondered how he did. Quickly he entered Dru's mind to see what s/he thought. Dru had been impressed with his forwardness. "Wow, that was interesting." Yarin said. He looked at the clock. "Oh Qraj I have to get to class. I'll see you tonight back here." He said as he ran off. This may be my greatest work yet. Sanchez thought. I can't wait to finish it and get it published. I hope my readers will enjoy the twist ending.

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 10:57:39 PM »
Meanwhile back in Yarin's reality.

Yarin's personal log:
Nyac date 10th of Udar 28th year of the tenth age.
Terran date April 9th 2378
I was tired from my classes and being with Dru did not help my fatigue. So I decided to take a quick rest before going out again. Just before I entered my dream state I began to review my daily activities.

Unbeknownst to Yarin he is sending out telepathic signals while he sleeps. These signals are being sucked into a far off black hole and are being received by an human from an Earth in a parallel reality in the 21st century.

Yarin's personal log:
Nyac date 12th of Udar 28th year of the tenth age.
Terran date April 11th 2378
I had that dream again, in it I am standing by what looks like an old fashion computer terminal, and there is an unknown human there and he is typing something but I always wake up before I figure out what it is. I had better talk to someone about this.

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 12:00:06 AM »
hmm... looks good so far man, i can't wait to see what happens next... plz, keep it coming!

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 08:18:02 AM »
(Yay people are actually reading this lol.)

Yarin's personal log:
Nyac date 14th of Darshig 28th year of the tenth age.
Terran date June 15th 2378.
I know I have not been making log entries as frequently as I would have liked but I have been very busy with classes and other shall I say extracurricular activities. Last week I challenged Korath to a sparring match. It was difficult, we went to the gymnasium and we each chose a weapon. Korath choose a bat'leth I chose a set of Tovreet, four twelve inch long three pronged daggers that were used in to kill Davashi back before the renaissance. With the holographic weapons in place and the safeties online, we began our duel. He swung left I raised my two lower arms to block but he pushed the blades out of my hands but I perried using my upper arms and struck him causing him to drop his bat'leth. "Again." He said. We fought again this time he caught me off guard causing me to drop my weapons. We fought three more times after that I won two. By the end we were laughing and joking like old friends.
I also went to the school counselor and told him of my dreams he said that it was nothing to worry about.
Yesterday I had a brok ashtov with Dru what humans would call a 'dinner date' it was very enjoyable. I had the replicator create a variety of meals for us to sample including grilled Davashi steaks I had a feeling s/he would like those since Hermats generally enjoy eating meat. I also prepared some native Hermat cuisine to make hir feel at home. At Evan's insistence I also replicated a bottle of a drink he calls 'red wine' although my species does not usually drink for recreation, only religiously but he assured me that it would be romantic. So I picked up a bottle of red wine synthehol. We ate our meals and drank the synthehol. After that we curled up next to each other wrapped in a blanket beside a roaring holographic fire.

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 12:36:13 AM »
Yarin's personal log:
Nyac date 11th of Loctel 28th year of the tenth age.
Terran date July 12th 2378.
I had an interesting day today I am at the top of my class in exobiology and I finally stopped having those dreams. Dru and I have grown closer over the past few weeks but I am at a loss on how to continue. On Nya when two individuals wish to be together they form a telepathic and empathic union called Voap Tusreen or the blessed union but since Hermats aren’t naturally telepathic and empathic and my telepathy and empathy won’t be under my complete control for another five years I am just not sure, I will probably ask Evan and Korath for advice just to get a balanced perspective.

"You should tell hir your feelings soon," Evan said. "I agree," Korath added. "Act quickly before you loose hir."
"I do not know if it is even possible s/he is not telepathic and that is what Voap Tusreen is all about, it makes the experience more than just about the physical," I said. "It's your call man do what you feel is right." Evan said. "Thank you my friends I am glad I asked you for your opinions. I know what I am going to do."

I meet up with Dru later that day in our First Contact class "I have something to give to you." I told hir "Aww you didn't have to." s/he whispered at me. "Meet me in the mess hall and I will give it to you," I said.
I arrived at the mess hall gift in hand, "here," I said as I gave hir the small box. S/he opened it. Inside was a necklace with a crystal pendant. "Oh Yarin, it's beautiful." Dru exclaimed "Put it on." I said. As soon as she did the crystal bonded with her. Suddenly "Aahhh" S/he let out a slight scream. "Voices I can here voices in my head" "Be calm." I said. "The pendant is made from a crystal called the Agroba diamond on my homeworld it is used to quell our telepathy in times of stress by absorbing our excess psionic energies. When worn by a non telepath it has the opposite affect, it grants the wearer the ability to hear thoughts and perceive emotions from anyone nearby. Now focus on just my thoughts, there is no one else here. Ok now the reason I gave this to you was because I wish to initiate the Voap Tusreen or the blessed union with you."
"So you want sex?" S/he asked.
"Yes well no there is more to it than that the Voap Tusreen is about more than just sex it will connect us on a much deeper level."
"Well I'm up for it if you are," s/he said as s/he smiled at me, bearing hir fangs.

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 12:30:25 AM »
Yarin's personal log:
Nyac date 14th of Loctel 28th year of the tenth age.
Terran date July 15th 2378.
It finally happened I after 20 long years have finally become a Zictarv'Saroat, or one who has lain. It was incredible. It happened like this, we were in our dorm room in the evening alone. We were alone because I had told Korath and Evan that tonight might be the night and they were happy to let me have the room. I gazed at hir with all six of my eyes, each one seeing a different wavelength "Now before we do anything are you sure you want to do this?"
"Do you know nothing about Hermat culture?
Yes, I want to do this. Are you sure you want to?" S/he asked.
"Yes," I said.
"Alright how should we do this?" S/he asked. "Well start by putting on the necklace." I said as I moved closer to hir. "Next we begin the Voap Tusreen, give me your forearms, now grab my upper forearms and press your forehead against mine. Do you feel that? We are now linked in a free flowing exchange of thoughts and feelings. I can read your mind just as you can read mine."
"Wow" S/he said shuttering slightly. "This in intense what happens next?"
I blushed turning bright gold. "I honestly do not know, before meeting you I was a Gos'bractow. What humans would call a virgin. "Oh that's sweet" S/he said. "Don't worry we'll go slow and try different things."
"Thank you," I said as we started to get undressed. "For what?" S/he asked. "For being my friend." I replied.

End of Semester One

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 08:58:01 PM »
this is gettin pretty interesting... can't wait for more

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 10:20:58 AM »
Interlude

Yarin's personal log Nyac Date 17th of Vapeer 28th year in the tenth age.
Terran date December 16th 2378.
I have just returned from a weeks shore leave on Nya, I had almost forgotten how beautiful it was. The great forest, the flaming swamps, and when the sun shines on the Gor'mtik canyons in the south west continent of Marshet it creates a shimmering effect that is just breathtaking, also swimming in the central ocean that separates the five inhabited continents of my world is something I look forward to daily. Still it is good to be back on Earth and getting back into the swing of things. I recently received a message from Evan. He invited me to stay with him at his parent's house for a week I was glad he did this because I did not have anything planned during the week I was here before spending a week with Dru on Hermat and a week with Korath on Qo'noS. I arrive at Evan's home in a city called New York and he invites me in. "Hey Yarin, happy Chanukah." He says. "Hanuca?" I asked confused. "Sorry I forgot your not Jewish are you." He says.
Honey he's not even human let alone Jewish. A woman's voice says coming outside of a smaller room to greet me. "Hi I'm Sarah Letiso and this is my husband Marco." she says as a tall older bearded human male comes over to greet me. "Hello Yarin how was your trip here?" "It was uneventful." I replied.
"So how was your time home?" Evan asked. "It was very enjoyable." I said "You should join me when I go back there next time." "That sounds like fun." He said. "Come on I'll give you the grand tour." Evan said. "This is the kitchen. This is our family room." We go up a flight of stairs. "This is my parents bedroom, and this," he says showing me a room further down the hall. "Is my room." "Boys come down it's time to eat." Mr. Letiso called up to us.
"Let's go" Evan said. We head downstairs and into the kitchen where we begin to eat.
As we are eating we begin to make 'small talk' "So Yarin what was your life like before you joined the Academy?" Mrs. Letiso asked. "I was born and raised in the city of Geptul. Both my parents are scientists. My father Paval works in quantum mechanics and my mother Laclab works in genetics. By the time I was fifteen I had finished school and began working in the genetics department, synthesizing and combining single celled organisms to create different species. Eventually I moved up to plants and then more complex creatures. When I was twenty I gained adult status and decided to join Starfleet." I said.
"How did your parents react to the news?" Evan asked. "They were excited they thought it would be a good learning experience for me."I said as we finish eating.

The next few weeks went by quickly Korath's family were typical Klingons and I was just fine with that.
It started like this, I arrived on Qo'noS and was greeted by Korath. He introduced me to his family. "So this is the plaQta' that dare show his face around here." Korath's father said. Then he smiled at me "My son tells me you fight like a warrior I would enjoy seeing you in battle."
Korath pulled me aside, "a challenge has been made, do you accept?" he asked.
"Yes I do" I said eager to prove myself to Morta.
We fought for an hour it was difficult but I eventually beat him. The rest of the week went smoothly from then on.
While on Hermat Dru and I got to know each other more intimately I will not go into the details just yet.

(This is as far as I got unfortunately writers block has prevented me from continuing this if anyone wants to join me and help write this now would be the time.)

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2009, 12:41:25 AM »
Sanchez was frustrated, he had been struck with writers block and had been unable to continue his story. After those first few nights he stopped having his dreams. He finally decided to get a new source of inspiration. Quickly he ran to his room and dove under his bed. "Where is it?"  He asked out loud to himself growing frantic.  "Ah." he said as he pulled the small box from underneath his bed.
Twenty minutes later
After successfully smoking his 'inspiration' and eating half the food in his fridge Sanchez began to furiously type at his computer. Yes, he thought. That's brilliant keep them guessing until the end.