Author Topic: My morphs  (Read 4934 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
My morphs
« on: February 15, 2020, 10:55:00 PM »
Figured I'd start my own thread, instead of necromizing an old thread. I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but it's a nice thing to talk about. Given we have zoos, and if you have enough money, I could get whatever animals I want. It would probably be a sizeable list, but I'd be real hesitant to morph anything really small. Not gonna be wild about morphing a fly, or flea, or anything that the bare bottom of the food chain.

But, to narrow it down, and choose some local morphs, I would go for anything in my state: Alabama. Looking up big animals, I've found that my state does have black bears, and cougars. Not really as good as a grizzly bear, or a tiger, but definitely big enough to cause harm. So they'd be good battle morphs. I'd kind of like to grab an alligator too.

For bird morphs, definitely getting a goose/duck, and an owl. I don't even have to go far for those. Maybe a hawk if I just want to fly around an area during the day, without people thinking it's too weird. We have eagles, but I think people will be more likely to point and gawk at an eagle than a hawk.

I would likely get a deer or wolf if I wanted to travel through the woods. A deer would attract less attention, except from hunters. Nobody wants to see a wolf coming out of the woods, through their back yard. Of course in an urban setting, a domestic dog or cat is a good choice. It's so easy to get those animals, there's no reason not to have them. Might get a horse for the same reason.

If I get something aquatic, it's likely to be the biggest fish I can find. Probably the same idea if I needed to be a bug. I guess I'd be afraid of going too small, for fear of being eaten. The bigger you are, the less likely it is to happen. any other morph I get is probably going to be for a specific mission.

Oh, and I would be grabbing some Human dna too. Just take samples from several Humans, and mix it up. I wouldn't be nearly as squeamish about that as Cassie was in the books.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline JKosprey88

Re: My morphs
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 10:37:33 AM »
I posted this in another morph thread but it was old and I don't think anyone read it, so why not repost? My name is Jim and I live in Upstate NY.

I'll do two lists: one, what would be realistic or likely for me to be able to acquire, and one that would be the ideal

Realistic list

Primary Battle morph: Black bear

Secondary Battle Morph: Bobcat or Fisher (edge goes to bobcat)

Tank: American Bison (There's a bison farm 30 minutes from me)

Flight morphs: I'd have a BUNCH. I'm a falconer, a former wildlife biologist, and I've worked for a bird rehab clinic. I could have just about every raptor species around, along with some exotics. That said, 3 raptors would fill my combat needs well, with a couple others for recon and distance

Fighting flight morph: Golden eagle

Night morph: Great horned owl or Eurasian eagle owl

Standard flight: Northern goshawk or red-tailed hawk. The edge there goes to the gos for maneuverability and speed, but the gos can't soar worth a damn. Likely I'd have and use both anyway.

Distance: Canada goose

Recon: Pigeon would be useful, but I'd also likely use a sharp shinned or coopers hawk for that role as well. They are everywhere, but inconspicuous and rarely noticed.

Freshwater aquatic: Northern pike or Muskellunge

Saltwater aquatic: Sand tiger shark (I could pick one up from a touch tank at an aquarium or go fishing and reel one in....)

Ideal list

I'm within driving distance of the Bronx zoo. Ideally I'd break in at night and acquire damn near everything I could. That said, if I have to limit myself:

Primary battle morph: Large cat. Tiger or Jaguar. Lions are big but honestly a little clumsy, but I could pick one up. I want something lithe and agile. Jaguar wins if I have a choice due to versatility (can't remember if the bronx zoo has those or leopards).

Secondary: I use the term "secondary" loosely, but I'd grab a grizzly. I think I'd operate better as a big cat but sometimes you just have to be an unstoppable death machine.

Tank: African elephant

Birds: Access to a zoo or anything else honestly wouldn't change my bird selection for flight. I could fairly easily acquire any north american raptor without a problem. BUT, if I could have anything I wanted? I'd get a Cassowary. If the zoo didn't have those (again, can't remember) I know they have an ostrich. Ratites are bad news.

Freshwater: Wouldn't change
Saltwater: Tiger shark
Both: Bull shark, if I could get one, to function in both environments.

For both lists, I don't have any ideal bugs. Dragonflies and spiders seem to fit the bill and would be easily acquired.

Offline BRAVO!

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 07:00:17 AM »
Realistically there aren't many good morphs I could choose from near me. I could easily get a hold of several bird morphs, Australian magpie, sea gull, crow, butcher bird. With some time, planing, and luck, I could get a hold of a white bellied sea eagle. I with some time and bird morphs, I can also get geckos, goannas, grey kangaroos, cows, possibly a red belly or brown snake, duck, horse, possibly deer, Tawny Frogmouth, fly, dog. You might start seeing a pattern here, none of them are tank or combat morphs (cows aren't tank morphs, they're just fat pushovers).

So for a while, my main battle morph would be human or hork-bajir. (don't underestimate human capability, we're on the top of the food chain for a lot more than just intelligence) 

While there are zoo's near me, most of them don't have good combat morphs, and the ones that do have top notch security. Nothing that's going to stop a bird from flying into the cheetah pen, but I'll get spotted on cameras demorphing for sure.

Although after time and some luck, I could get better morphs.
In an ideal and realistic scenario, my morphs would be;

Battle morph: Cheetah

Tank morph: Sumatran elephant

Fight flight: wedge tail eagle

Night flight: Tawny Frogmouth

Distance flight: Duck

Recon: Australian magpie

Fresh water: Barramundi

Salt water: Saltwater crocodile or Bull shark

Small: gecko

Very small: fly

Offline JacobAnimorphs6

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2020, 01:53:17 PM »
I have thought of this alot! My Battle Morph which they actually have already done in the books would be Cheetah because that's my favorite Animal!
My Secondary Battle Morph would be Komodo Dragon because their saliva is deadly!
My Undersea Mammal Morph which they did in book 4 I would also like Dolphin Because their so Child Like!
My Pet Morph would be my Budgie Winnie!
My Stealth Morph would be a Black Jaguar(Black Panther)
My Insect Morph would be Scorpion
My Insect Flight Morph would be a Wasp!
Thanks for listening guys let me know if you like my idea's!

Offline .: Asmo

• Elder One
  • Xtreme Member
  • :(){ :|: & };:
    • Some Name Space
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2020, 11:54:30 AM »
I'm going to have to came to this with some thought. Too many choices. Be like a pokemon owner and collect them all.
.: Asmodeus
GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}
Sole Zombie Apocalypse Survivor 2012/2014/2015
James Bond Villain 2013/2014/2015
Most Likely Harbinger of Armageddon 2014
Best RAFian Superhero/Sidekick (or Supervillain/Minion) Duo 2014