Author Topic: Embarassing Animorphs Encounters  (Read 31151 times)

Offline AnyaSciarra

• "Computers don't care if they're yelled at."
Re: Embarassing Animorphs Encounters
« Reply #285 on: July 03, 2010, 11:28:43 AM »
Recently I was driving to Chicago and a friend of mine was with me in the backseat. There was a fly buzzing around and I shouted "Don't smack it, it may be Jake!" My friend gave me a weird look. We have a friend named Jake.
"The saddest day of my life was that day when I learned that Sherlock Holmes was not real. Boy was I wrong."--- Norah Yasgur

Offline JohnBlaze

• I'm telling you, Rachel's alive, I saved her
« Reply #286 on: July 05, 2010, 05:27:53 AM »
Me - "Hey what time is it?"
Friend - "Uh, close to 6, why?"
Me - "I gotta go back to my room and get ready for a meet up."
Friend - "A meet up, for what? Got a date?"
Me - "No, I gotta get online and chat and meet some people on this Animorphs Forum thingy."
Friend - "..........Yeah."
If I was an Animorph, we would've won in two weeks...just sayin'

Offline Elfangor Sirinial Shamtul

« Reply #287 on: July 05, 2010, 11:34:43 AM »
Probably telling the peeps i hate, when they catch me reading Animorphs, that "they'll be sorry when they have yeerks in their brains". I also feel guilty killing flies, thinking its the animorphs! LOL

Post Merged: July 05, 2010, 11:37:56 AM
God I miss being a kid.
*sigh* Same here.

As for embarassing moments. Just today I went to a store and it was really hot outside. When I was walking across the parking lot I said: "I bet I could catch some awesome thermals off this blacktop."

And yes, I've tried to acquire and morph animals.

Also, I'm always making obscure Animorphs references.
Same here, when i see large birds flying around I always ask them how the thermals r!

Post Merged: July 05, 2010, 11:40:37 AM
My older cousin used to come visit my family during fishing season.  When he was about 19 and I was 11, I told him about Animorphs.  He thought it was kind of dumb, and looking back I suddenly figured it out.

I told him about a crazy war story and showed him the book I had been currently reading.  The Departure.  A book with a girl turning into a butterfly on the cover doesn't exactly say "Look!  Battle time!"

I also used to pretend I was a member of the Animorphs.  Oh, and imagined riding Ax like a horse.  Humiliating for Ax, incredibly awesome for me.
Same here. I share Rachel's name

Post Merged: July 05, 2010, 11:47:51 AM
people used to catch me on RAF at school and make fun of me :]
but tomorrow is my last day and im done with school forever.

lucky. i don't have any classes in computer labs anymore :P
they've blocked all the sites at my old schools computers. suckheads

Post Merged: July 05, 2010, 12:44:49 PM
:P Friend of mine and I were playing 20 questions the other day.

Him: What's your favorite animal?
Me: Red-tailed hawk.
Him: ...red-tailed...
Me: Hawk, yeah.
Him: How'd you come up with that?
Me:  :-] long story.

The time my dad made me explain why I wanted a yellow ford mustang was worse, though. :P
just curious, but what does this have 2 do with animorphs? (I haven't read all the books yet, CURSE THE LIBRARY!, so if it was in there, tell me
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 12:44:49 PM by Elfangor Sirinial Shamtul »
There are many dangers for an Andalite in human morph. For one thing, there is the constant danger that you will fall off your two legs. The slightest push and you can topple over. But worst by far, is the danger of taste. Taste is the sense that can drive an Andalite mad! Especially is it involves cinnimon buns or chocolate.
From the earth diary of Aximili Esgarrouth Itsthil

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #288 on: July 05, 2010, 12:46:10 PM »
O.o Umm... Tobias is a red-tailed hawk. That's pretty basic.

« Reply #289 on: July 05, 2010, 12:54:27 PM »
The 'morphs should be the new name for it.
NO WAY! Animorphs was always the best name for it!
There are many dangers for an Andalite in human morph. For one thing, there is the constant danger that you will fall off your two legs. The slightest push and you can topple over. But worst by far, is the danger of taste. Taste is the sense that can drive an Andalite mad! Especially is it involves cinnimon buns or chocolate.

Offline Alex Oiknine

• Gold Donor
  • I'm moving on, I'm moving on...
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~alexoiknine
« Reply #290 on: July 05, 2010, 01:46:27 PM »
You know, I have lots of embarrassing Animorphs moments, but my favorite one was with other RAFians so far. We were on Skype last night for five hours and eventually we got into trying to read certain fan fictions out loud without laughing (it only seemed to work for one person. I personally was laughing and crying and expressing shock and dismay or wondering how people could possibly say this or that...).

I can only imagine what neighbors and my dad thought I was doing, but it was definitely worth it.
http://www.fanfiction.net/~alexoiknine
http://alexoiknine.com
http://aximili.dreamwidth.org

The One (Completed)
The Rescue (Completed)
The Rendezvous (In Progress)

Offline Nero's Fury

• "Soldier's of Vengence unite!"
  • Xtreme Member
  • JUGGALO 4 LIFE
« Reply #291 on: July 06, 2010, 06:50:50 AM »
My most recent funny encounter would be around 3 nights ago I was like just below the line of being asleep and awake. Like i was awake enouggh that a slight noise went off near me i would wake up. Well i was dreaming about being an Animorph (surprisingly does happen a lot to me. Is that bad lol?) and my girlfriend walked in and plopped down on my lap and i was like screaming at the top of my lungs, "NO TOBIAS DONT EAT THE POSSOM! HE SWALLOWED HIS CIGGARETTE!" Before i was like wwwwaaaaaaiiit a second....she just laughed. I was soooo emmbarrassed but she thought it was hilarious
"When you live life without regrets, the obvious result is happiness!" - Damien Steele

R.I.P Big Brother...

[/img]

« Reply #292 on: July 12, 2010, 06:47:54 PM »
O.o Umm... Tobias is a red-tailed hawk. That's pretty basic.

lol i meant the yellow ford mustang

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #293 on: July 12, 2010, 07:06:27 PM »
:eyebrow: Andalite Chronicles? Hello?

« Reply #294 on: July 13, 2010, 11:21:53 AM »
oh yeah, i just finished that book

Offline SpyroForLife

« Reply #295 on: July 14, 2010, 01:46:03 PM »
Well, there's the time I was pretending to acquire my dog and I wished that I could go to a zoo somewhere and find a falcon. XD I love Animorphs and I'm always drawing Andalites. People at school are like, "Uh, what's that supposed to be?" And then I have to explain it to them.
One girl who sat behind me in English class has actually read the books, though, so she'd always watch me draw Andalites. :D
Dude. I'm SpyroForLife. Check me out at spyroforlife.devian tart.com. Beware: MANY DRAGONS!! D:

« Reply #296 on: July 22, 2010, 04:14:29 PM »
I swear a fly was watching me recently, i think its Marco

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #297 on: August 25, 2010, 09:33:39 AM »
I call my friends by the Animorphs names.
i almost called my friend Megan Marco or Rachel

The time my dad made me explain why I wanted a yellow ford mustang was worse, though. :P
just curious, but what does this have 2 do with animorphs? (I haven't read all the books yet, CURSE THE LIBRARY!, so if it was in there, tell me
in the Andalite Chronicals Elfangor drove a yellow mustang
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

esplin

« Reply #298 on: August 25, 2010, 01:04:12 PM »
Whenever I mention RAF or animorphs and someone says, yeahhhh I remember those!  Im like, erm yeah me too, I don't think of animorphs daily. :D

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #299 on: August 25, 2010, 01:18:33 PM »
Whenever I'm on subeta.net, I get a lot of "I remember that series!" or "I love your username XP" or "Those books were my favorites back in the day."

My username = Animorph. :P

I still say the message that took the cake was the one I got from the user Seerow.