Author Topic: Embarassing Animorphs Encounters  (Read 31200 times)

Offline roguebluejay

Re: Embarassing Animorphs Encounters
« Reply #255 on: May 01, 2010, 05:39:01 PM »
Haahha, I name my devices too. Makes them easier to tell apart when I have a bunch of them plugged into my computer.

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #256 on: May 01, 2010, 05:46:41 PM »
^^ i can appreciate 'less dull'.

...i suppose... as long as you haven't had to resort to naming inanimate objects... although, no doubt, that does spice up conversations about as well as 'mad libs'. :P

(holla' back, o childhood of mine!)
Excuse me...  I name inanimate objects!
My car is Christine (cf. S. King), my comp is Dexter (TV show/novel), my dad's comp is Harry (for the serial killer of a French movie, not for Harry Potter), my 3 external hard disks are Lestat (Anne Rice), Dracula (you know him) and Erzsebet (for Erzsebet Bathory), my numeric camera is Hannibal (Lecter). It's easier for me to not say "my numeric camera" but "Hannibal", nor "my external hard disk with the vampire movies" but "Dracula"... and who don't give a name to his/her car?!

Haha, I name everything, too. :P My car is Alice... My first cell phone was named Earl... and I just came to the uncomfortable conclusion that my eReader's a Roger. D:

Offline DeadlyNightshade

« Reply #257 on: May 03, 2010, 05:08:02 AM »
@deadlynightshade-

oh, boy.

see, now, i respect people who live that way? but i could never do it. kids? those oozing balls of energy and body fluids drive me nuts inside of five minutes. and they all seem to want to follow me around. and bother me. so. best of heartfelt luck with that.

rachel? no fluffer mc-evilspawnofsatan? hmmm. maybe i should grab dibs on that one.

...i never named anything i owned. stuffed toys, blanket, not-stuffed toys... my mom insisted that i name my violin, so i did. but it never meant anything to me. >____>; does this make me unimaginative? because i'm loathe to suggest that it might, but quick to agree that it does.

Becoming a mum wasn't a decision I willingly made so much as it kind of just happened.
Children are something I generally try to avoid.
My baby's due in September, so I have a wee way to go yet, but I'm sadly jobless and house-mum-ish already while my partner goes out and works all the time.
Maybe I should start like, cross-stitching or something 0.o
Or I could just continue to read an obsess over books I read in primary school.

I thought about naming my cat Fluffer Mc-something, but she's hardly a male tomcat and it seemed wrong. She's lanky and the kitty version of blonde.
I had a canary named Tobias. My friend thought it was an insult, but that canary was vicious 0.0
I enjoy naming pets for book characters.
I've had a lot of pets.

Offline Blaise Zebrataur

• Ranked 56th in Most Posts
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's MVP of Roleplaying
    • Oreius Nascar Leagues
« Reply #258 on: May 03, 2010, 09:24:54 AM »
Hmmm,another embarassing moment would be if Tobias caught Rachel hanging out with another red-tailed hawk.

Offline itw2009

• Gold Donor
  • your daily dose of skepticism
« Reply #259 on: May 04, 2010, 08:07:07 AM »
@DNS- aww..... haha; i wasn't planned either. :P but i am really glad i had a family to be born into- so it wasn't one of those 'parent ran off' deals. how terrifying to look back on and imagine, imho....... >____<;;

xD heyhey, i cross-stitch already! i happen to enjoy the monotony; it helps free my mind to dwell on other things.

D: ;; how many pets is that? i've only ever had a turtle. for, you know, my whole life minus 6 years. it's going to end up being a pet for my generation's grandkids... i just see it coming. so: which pet did you name jake? xD

oh! i always think of "riding the thermals" when i see birds flying over asphalt. i used to try to explain this to my friends.... they thought i was such a dweeb.
“The President and a small group of people know exactly what he meant."

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #260 on: May 04, 2010, 09:39:12 AM »
oh! i always think of "riding the thermals" when i see birds flying over asphalt. i used to try to explain this to my friends.... they thought i was such a dweeb.

Haha, I only explained this too my friend who's already used to my weirdness. :P And anyway, even if I didn't say, she knows where I get the info from. ::)

Offline DeadlyNightshade

« Reply #261 on: May 05, 2010, 09:21:22 PM »
I had to explain thermals to my partner yesterday.
I thought he was smart 0.0 haha.

I grew up on a farm.
Jake was my dog :)
German Shepherd cross Golden Retriever.

I have a very short attention span, so I don't know if cross-stitching will work for me.
I'll give it a go though :)

I was an accident.
I look at where I'm at now and I keep thinking "Eww, my parents did this once.." lol.

BaronConall

« Reply #262 on: May 05, 2010, 09:57:10 PM »
I'm running an Eee Asus 10" Laptop (Teeny Tiny Laptop :P), so anyone who can locate my laptop either wirelessly or through Bluetooth sees a PC named "Helmacron" xD

As for unplanned pregnancies, that seems to run in my family.

I'm the eldest of 4, so my announcement was a surprise.
My eldest sister has nothing but unplanned pregnancies (Pregnant at 15, mother at 16, abortion at 17, third pregnancy at 19, second child born at 20)... Apparently the contraception keeps "ripping"...

My second youngest sister found out she was pregnant after she was being checked over when her car rolled, but at least she was 18 at the time. She's 19 now and with child again, but these are more planned. She's very family orientated. She was already working in child care when she found out about her first child.

Aaand my youngest sister and I are the exception to the rule (so far)... I decided to throw a spanner into the family prophecy and am about to become the first to marry before pregnancy. I'm just that kind of trend-setter ;) :P

Offline Nero's Fury

• "Soldier's of Vengence unite!"
  • Xtreme Member
  • JUGGALO 4 LIFE
« Reply #263 on: May 07, 2010, 11:30:37 AM »
My friend the other day decided that without telling me she was going to spray paint her entire body blue and put on a fake tail, then come to our date at the mall looking like an andalite. Her excuse was "Hey im a were-andalite!"
"When you live life without regrets, the obvious result is happiness!" - Damien Steele

R.I.P Big Brother...

[/img]

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #264 on: May 07, 2010, 11:32:03 AM »
Your friend is AWESOME.

Offline Blaise Zebrataur

• Ranked 56th in Most Posts
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's MVP of Roleplaying
    • Oreius Nascar Leagues
« Reply #265 on: May 07, 2010, 01:44:44 PM »
Hmmm,I know a funny one

A Hork-Bajiri fines Visser Three flirting with a female Andalite.

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #266 on: May 07, 2010, 01:55:17 PM »
Hmmm,I know a funny one

Tobias, this thread is for embarrassing moments that we, as Animorphs enthusiasts, experience due to our spilleth-over level of fandom.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Alic

« Reply #267 on: May 07, 2010, 02:00:40 PM »
Hmmm,I know a funny one

Tobias, this thread is for embarrassing moments that we, as Animorphs enthusiasts, experience due to our spilleth-over level of fandom.

Not made up could be funny scenes for the books.

Offline estrid

• God
  • LOL
« Reply #268 on: May 08, 2010, 01:47:35 AM »
this thread is supposed to be about encounters you had in real life that were animorphs related. Please stick to the topic. We already have a thread for talking about what would happen in the stories if things were different:

http://animorphsforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=352.0

Please go there for instances related to the book directly involving the characters. Thanks
" 'What do you care if he drains a few vegetables?' I asked. 'He's a vampire!' Chester snarled. 'Today vegetables....tomor row, the world!' " Bunnicula-a Rabbit Tale of Mystery

Jess is my RAFbest friend cuz she is way awesome!
Cody-my gayBFF for eva!
Coolest Member of the Year 2009

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #269 on: May 08, 2010, 05:09:51 AM »

OK sorry misunderstood. And FYI he DID say that in Book 14.