Author Topic: Yeerk Colors  (Read 411 times)

Offline Tim Bruening

Yeerk Colors
« on: June 25, 2015, 05:29:26 AM »
I have often seen Yeerks described as grey slugs, yet the Yeerks on the cover of "The Sickness" are green.

Offline pallosalama

Re: Yeerk Colors
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 04:45:15 PM »
Not written by the same person, who most likely did not want/have time to check all previous books to check the color.
Cover maker wasn't interested about the fact. Or that green just looks better compared to boring grey.
Yet seeing your post made me think, "omg, I've never thought of that, you are an evil genius".

Offline Dylan

• Jeremy Jason McCole's #1 Fan
  • Xtreme Member
  • Do you just hate trashcans?
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 05:00:30 PM »
The covers aren't always veary acrurate to the books. The covers were meant to look pretty and to sell books.
Waffles. Nuf' Said.
2015: Best Newcomer to RAF
2015: Most Insane Member

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 08:08:42 PM »
Not written by the same person, who most likely did not want/have time to check all previous books to check the color.
Cover maker wasn't interested about the fact. Or that green just looks better compared to boring grey.

Wouldn't there be some sort of Animorphs Bible the cover painters could check, since "The Sickness" was book 29?

Offline Quaf

• Andre, the seventh animorph
  • Gold Donor
  • be excellent to each other and party on dudes
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 08:11:55 PM »
The cover artists don't care about the content of the book, it's about selling it. Green probably looked better than grey.

I mean, the yeerks are probably smaller than that cover portrayed anyway.
Well, I'm the boss... Head Honcho. El Numero Uno. Mr. Big. The Godfather. Lord of the Rings. The Bourne... Identity. Er... Taxi Driver. Jaws. I forgot the question quite a while back. Who are you, again?