Author Topic: Tyler's Prose Poem(s)  (Read 3007 times)

Offline Tyler

• Evil Kit Clown from Space
  • God
  • I'll kill you all!
Tyler's Prose Poem(s)
« on: July 10, 2008, 05:04:27 PM »
Okay, so I guess you could say I've started writing something. It's not a fanfic, and it's not poetry. I really don't know what it is, but I wrote it anyways. Hopefully more will follow. They're monologues, I think. :-\ This first one is called 'It Rains.' I wrote it while I was watching it rain a few minutes ago. Hope you all like it. Personally I think it's a little girly...and also not very good.

It Rains

Tiny little explosions cover the road. The pavement is slick with water, as it endures the vicious pounding of the rain. It slows. Water from the heavens pours into the stormdrain, falling down to the sewers, the abyss. Where monsters are born and our fears lie dormant. The air is cool, but not for long. Soon The Sun will show itself once more, bringing heat and light to where there was once darkness, and cold. Steam will come up from the ground, and rise up into the skies once more. Soon, it will all be over. But not now. For now, it rains.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 04:54:08 PM by Tyler »
I am eternal. I am the Eater of Worlds.

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
Re: Don't know what it is, but I wrote it.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 10:15:39 PM »
Hey, that is really good Tyler. I like it.
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline ANItiger13

• ....Yay....
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to the basics
    • Ken/UMP's YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 10:16:29 PM »
Really cool, Tyler.
There's a method to my madness, I just haven't figured it out yet.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 10:16:59 PM »
You wrote a Prose-Poem. Seriously. That's what they are called. Free Verse Prose Poem.

Observe, a different format:

It Rains

Tiny little explosions cover the road.
The pavement is slick with water,
as it endures the vicious pounding of the rain.
It slows.

Water from the heavens pours into the stormdrain,
falling down to the sewers,
the abyss.

Where monsters are born and our fears lie dormant.
The air is cool, but not for long.
Soon The Sun will show itself once more,
bringing heat and light to where there was once darkness,
and cold.

Steam will come up from the ground,
 and rise up into the skies once more.
Soon, it will all be over.
But not now.
For now, it rains.

---
See? Prose-Poem. Not too bad at all, for a first run, especially considering that you weren't sure where you were going with it. Keep it up!
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Tyler

• God
  • I'll kill you all!
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 08:28:22 PM »
I had no idea where I was oing with it, I was just trying to write what I saw and my thoughts aboot it! ;D

Thanks, I might riight more eventually.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 09:22:00 PM »
I've written a Prose-Poem of my own to complement yours. Think of it as a duet. <3 :)

It Rains                                                         It Shines
Tiny little explosions cover the road.                            A great blaze of light fills the sky.
The pavement is slick with water,                                The trees reach high to drink in the light,
as it endures the vicious pounding of the rain.                as it gently kisses their leaves.
It slows.                                                                  It burns.

Water from the heavens pours into the stormdrain,          Radiance from above pours down upon my face,
falling down to the sewers,                                          casting gold into the sky,
the abyss.                                                                the Heavens.

Where monsters are born and our fears lie dormant.         Where angels rise and our hopes take flight.
The air is cool, but not for long.                                    The air is warm, for a fleeting instant.
Soon The Sun will show itself once more,                        Soon the Storm will return in force,
bringing heat and light to where there was once darkness, bringing chill and rain to the heart of the heat,
and cold.                                                                   and light.

Steam will come up from the ground,                              Mist will descend to the Earth,
 and rise up into the skies once more.                             and sink into the grass as dew.
Soon, it will all be over.                                                Soon, the clouds will return.
But not now.                                                              But not now.
For now, it rains.                                                         For now, it shines.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

Offline Tyler

• God
  • I'll kill you all!
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 09:29:20 PM »
That's the ****e right there! ;D

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 09:41:18 PM »
 :)

*bows*

*hug*

Offline Tyler

• God
  • I'll kill you all!
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 06:16:47 PM »
*Hug*

I'm goin to retitle this page suckas.

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
Re: Tyler's Pros Poem(s)
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 06:28:49 PM »
yea thats some ill poetry right there man haha, you def have skills

you should write a fic man, ive always loved your rp posts for the imagery and...descriptive word stuff? lol I think I want to say metaphors or something like that i dno you know what i mean

Offline Tyler

• God
  • I'll kill you all!
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 06:43:16 PM »
Thanks, I'll try to write more. :)

I never really thought I had any really skill towards writing (still have my doubts). I just try to put the rage on the page ya know what I'm sayin'?

Offline ANna

• I see you.
  • God
  • guess who's back ?
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 10:49:31 PM »
Pretty awesome stuff, Tyler. Yeah, I agree with Duff, you should definately write some more.
I can still remember the words and what they meant.
As we etched them with our fingers, In years of wet cement.
--
And I feel tonight that I let you die, but you could've lived forever it's the smiles that keep you alive.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
Re: Tyler's Prose Poem(s)
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2008, 10:27:57 PM »
MORE!!!