Author Topic: How did you get into Animorphs?  (Read 1789 times)

guitarhero01234

Re: How did you get into Animorphs?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2015, 02:30:48 AM »
Kind of odd that I've never posted in this section despite being active here for a few months. I guess I have to fix that. :P
Back when I was in second grade, I had heard of the series from my sister, who was two years ahead of me. I checked it out and read some of the books, but never really read through the whole series until I got back into it a few years ago when going on a huge nostalgia trip.

Offline Quaf

• Andre, the seventh animorph
  • Gold Donor
  • be excellent to each other and party on dudes
Re: How did you get into Animorphs?
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2015, 10:12:35 PM »
In 2009 I came across #5 in garage and started reading it. At the time we had 5,6,9,11,12,13,14,16,17,20-23,27,28, 41, and TAC  (my brother was 8 when they first came out) Then maybe a year later my dad's friend from work had a son that used to read them when he was a kid and he gave them to us, so now we had 1,2,3,4,10,29-35, 40, 43,44,46,48,49,and 50.The next batch we got from a book fair: 7,8,15,18,19,24,26,36, MM2 and MM4. That was it for a couple of years, I would just reread my favourites from time to time, and I borrowed MM1 and 3 from my school library.

Fast forward 3 years later, 2014, I reread the whole series(the ones that I had) and became obsessed. I looked for that website about yeerks on google and somehow found the RAF ebooks place.
In my collection I was missing 25,37,38,39,42,45,,47,51-54, TEC, THBC, MM1,MM3, V and the alternamorphs.
So I read 25 an 37 in ebook format and then my dad told me he would buy them off eBay. By the end of the year the only ones I didn't have were TEC, V and Alternamorphs 2. So I went back to the ebooks but they were taken down :(. The local library didn't have them so I still don't know what happened to Marco's mum.

Side note: #45 is the only UK edition I have so it looks really weird on the shelf (I got that one from eBay). Also I didn't memorize which books I got when, we have a piece of paper with the numbers 1-54 on it and every time we got a book we crossed out the number. The crosses are in different coloured pens so I worked out which books we had first.

Other books left over from my brothers childhood are Goosebumps (which I have the whole Horrorland series) and 3 books from Spooksville by Christopher Pike- which are really good. Maybe I'll get the rest of them.
Well, I'm the boss... Head Honcho. El Numero Uno. Mr. Big. The Godfather. Lord of the Rings. The Bourne... Identity. Er... Taxi Driver. Jaws. I forgot the question quite a while back. Who are you, again?