Author Topic: Animorphs vs. Harry Potter: Thoughts on the comparative popularity of each  (Read 2698 times)

Offline WeLeadTheLost

To this day Animorphs remains one of, if not my most, beloved book series. I've never really seen the mass appeal of Harry Potter. The books and movies were alright, but, honestly, I probably wouldn't have read the whole series if people hadn't received basically every book as a gift.

Also, Visser Thee would utterly destroy Voldmort  >:D

Offline NothingFromSomething

• Xtreme Member
Ah, right RYTX, I'd totally forgotten they brought the Venber back later on.  *Headdesk*  Yeah, I was thinking the Mak and the other few random aliens in the earlier books.

Talking about all this, I just realized I still haven't even watched the Harry Potter movies.  I think I saw the first one way back in the day, but I guess I've really gotta rent or Netflix 'em at some point.  Even if they're not my thing, they seem to be the type of movie everyone's at least gotta see, if just for cultural awareness.  Not much of an exaggeration to say that after the Matrix sequels didn't quite hit home HP kind of became the Star Wars of Gen Y/older millennials.

Person Of Interest re-watch.  Still stunning as ever.

Offline Tim Bruening

What would you say to an Animorphs/Harry Potter crossover?  The Animorphs would be able to acquire Centaurs, Acromantas (Giant intelligent spiders), goblins, etc.  They would be able to recruit Animigas (such as Minerva, who turns into a cat).