Author Topic: Elfangor's thought speak  (Read 666 times)

Offline Bootlebat

Elfangor's thought speak
« on: September 11, 2014, 06:33:28 PM »
I noticed in the first book when the kids meet Elfangor he can not only talk with thought speak but can send feeling and pictures also. However no other andalite we meet can do this so did they she change her mind or is it just some rare ability only a few andalites have?

Offline donut

• Xtreme Member
  • Don't Blink
Re: Elfangor's thought speak
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 07:43:59 PM »
It changed a lot in the first few books.  The animorphs could also talk back without being in morph in the first book.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 09:01:01 PM »
Applegate didn't have a firm idea of what thought speech could and could not do. Jake was able to use thought speech out of morph in book one also.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline NothingFromSomething

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 05:20:28 AM »
It's just a mistake, the good ol' "KASU"s as she used to call them on the online stuff back in the day.

Man, I'm old.  *Dial-up internet connection sounds, probably hallucinations*

She just hadn't figured out all the rules and stuff yet.  Happens all the time in writing.  The Hork-Bajir initially turned all murderous-psycho once in a generation too, that seemed to be scrapped pretty quickly.

Person Of Interest re-watch.  Still stunning as ever.

Offline MoppingBear

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 12:56:42 AM »
Hork-Bajir initially turned all murderous-psycho once in a generation too, that seemed to be scrapped pretty quickly.

Since that was a quote by Ax, it can easily be attributed to Andalite military propaganda rather than a KASU.

Offline NothingFromSomething

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 02:56:58 AM »
The latter's a way more likely explanation.  I think Katherine even admitted it was back in one of the really oldschool Q&As, from like '98/'99 or whatever.  Yep, I'm old.  *Yells at the kids on his lawn*

And why would the Andalites even direct propaganda at Hork-Bajir?  Their beef was with the Yeerk force infesting them on the homeworld, not the Hork-Bajir themselves who they were pretty indifferent about outside of their use as host bodies.  No need to make up some demonization about warring biological cycles as a justification to wipe them out, they were fighting the fight because they were basically a dangerous resource commodity for the opposing side.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 02:59:25 AM by NothingFromSomething »

Person Of Interest re-watch.  Still stunning as ever.