Author Topic: Blackwell Quarantine (working title)  (Read 3800 times)

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
Blackwell Quarantine (working title)
« on: May 14, 2009, 06:01:25 AM »
ok folks, i just got this idea as i was sitting in the car while i was waiting for my mum to get outta the chemists... please tell me what you think!

PLEASE POST ALL COMMENTS IN MY RAFSOCIAL THREAD! http://animorphsforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,3017.0.html

first chapter is in the next post
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 09:02:37 PM by Hunter »

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
Re: Untitled Fan-Fic
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 06:55:05 AM »
OK peoples, here is an edited version of Chapter 1: The Beginning!

CHAPTER 1: The Beginning

He had been driving all night. As he passed a sign that said ‘Welcome to Blackwell County, Population:  700’, he pulled his car to a stop next to a pedestrian crossing hoping to fine some petrol in the morning. Unbuckling his seat belt, he shifted to the passenger seat of his old Ford Mustang. His last thought for the day as he drifted off to sleep was why the town seemed desolate, but he dismissed the thought as trivial before he finally drifted to sleep.

When he woke, he flipped down the sun visor and glanced at the mirror on the back. His shoulder-length hair was a tangled brown mess; his dark brown eyes were ringed by large black circles. His best shirt, a light blue button-down, was wrinkled and covered in grey lint from sleeping all night in the stifling confines of his car. Three-day-old stubble covered his chin, clear evidence that he had been out of commission for quite some time. The ghost-like town had an eerie feeling to it, like it has been abandoned for some time now. As he wound the window down to get some fresh air, a metallic scent caught his nostrils.

‘Blood?’ He thought, ‘why do I smell blood?’ As he wound his window back up, he saw something small, dash down an alleyway near his car. His curiosity getting the better of him, he reached into his cars glove-box and pulled out a flashlight and his tire iron. Pulling the keys out of the ignition, he locked the doors, placed the keys in his pocket and started walking towards where he last saw the ‘thing’ dash into the alley. As he got further into the alleyway, he started to lose track of the thing that he had seen. “C’mon Dominic, don’t freak out now.” He said to himself as he turned a corner. Hearing the gentle “thump, thump, thump” of padded feet running behind him, he turned around just in time to see a freakish dog like thing jump up at him. Swinging his tire iron towards the dog-thing, it connected against the side of its skull, cracking it and sending flying it against the opposite wall. As he crouched down next to it, he could still hear it breathing.

“How in the hell could it survive that?” Dominic said to himself. As he got a closer look at it, he saw that it indeed was a dog, but it wasn’t at the same time. What he saw chilled him to the bone. It still had all the canine appearances, but it was also missing a few key parts, such as its eyes, and a majority of its fur. The dog was stripped of meat, muscle and it had a pasty, almost ghost-like pallor to its skin. All of a sudden, the- dare he say it, zombie dog started making a guttural growling noise.

“Ooh ****, ****, ****!” Dominic yelled as he stumbled to his feet. Once he had gotten his footing back, he bolted as far away from the zombie dog as fast as his panicked legs would take him, which was fairly fast. How the eye-less dog tracked him, he could guess it was due their nose, because without sight they would have to have some way to compensate. As he was running through the alleyway he must’ve tripped because all he remembers is getting his foot caught on something, and having the feeling of dank, musky breath creeping down his back. 

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
Re: Untitled Fan-Fic
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 01:53:23 AM »
CHAPTER 2: Terror in the streets

Cowering in fear of being eaten alive by the zombie dog, Dominic didn’t hear the footsteps coming towards him. All he heard was a couple of loud bangs and a heavy weight pressing down on his back. Once the person with the gun had made sure that the zombie dog was dead, she helped him move the dead dog.

“Hey, thanks for that.” Dominic said as she helped him to his feet. As he stood up, he finally managed to get a good look at the person who had saved his life. She was around average height; she had dark brown eyes, she had a very athletic looking body and long blue-purple hair going down her back. He also noticed that she was a cop. By the look of her dark tan pants, top and badge, she looked like the local police chief. “What was that thing?” Dominic asked as he brushed as much dirt out of his shirt as he could.

“That, my new companion, was what I like to call ****ed up.” She said as she holstered her little Glock pistol. “I’m Sheriff Ash T. Evelyn. Just call me Ash. You got a name?” She said as she extended her hand to Dominic.

“Yeah, it’s Dominic, but people just usually call me Dom.” He said as he shook Ash’s hand.

“C’mon, let’s get outta here before more of ‘em show up.” The Sheriff said. Almost as if on cue, they both heard a deathly groaning noise coming from the alleyway behind them.

“Yeah, let’s go.” With that they both started down the street towards what appeared to be a gas station in the distance.  “So Dom,” Ash said, “why on earth are you in this crap-hole of a town exactly?”  

“Well, I really don’t know. I guess it could be that I’m at the wrong place at the wrong time. I was actually looking for some petrol for my car, but it looks like I’m stuck here.” As he said this, they both heard a continuous slapping noise coming from the road behind them. Turning around, what they saw horrified them even more so than the freakish zombie dog.

Moving in a quick stumble along the footpath and the road was around ten or so zombies. Most of them were still wearing raggedy clothing and that showed the two survivors that these were indeed once humans like them. From the distance, they didn’t get a close look at them, but what they did see was shocking. The closest one, who was around 20 feet away, looked like it could be a banker. It had the ripped remains of a white suit shirt and a tattered red tie. As Ash pulled her gun out and opened fire on the nearest zombie, they heard a loud shot coming from what they could gather, the gas station roof just near them.

As Ash pulled Dom down behind a near-by car to avoid being shot by the sniper, they saw the zombie’s upper torso explode in a shower of red gore and flailing limbs. Opening fire with her Glock, Ash managed to take down another one of the zombies that was stumbling towards their position. As Dom was cowering in fear next to Ash, he dared to poke his head over the car’s bonnet to try and get a look at the sniper. Since the sun was high in the sky he couldn’t get a good look at the roof where he suspected the sniper to be shooting from.

Since he had no weapon, and was too busy looking elsewhere, he didn’t notice the zombie that had flanked them until it was nearly too late. Turning around, he saw that there was one going in for the kill just two-and-a-half feet away. Now able to get a closer look at the zombie, he saw that, unlike the dog this one had both its eyes, but it too was stripped of most of its bodily meat, but it had a lot of muscle in its lower half, which he could guess is what made it so fast. All over the body pulsing blue veins could be seen as well as the lower half of its jaw being mutilated and broken. Quickly grabbing his tire iron and connecting with the zombie’s skull, the iron bar broke the skull, making the brains of the zombie splatter all over the side of the car.

Not being the type of person to handle gore all that well, he leaned over, leaned on the car’s roof, and started to throw up all over the side of the car and the lifeless corpse. Noticing the noise, Ash made the mistake of looking towards her companion. “Dom, you OK?” she yelled over the noise

“Yeah, I’m good. I think.” Dom said in between gasps for air while he wiped the vomit from his mouth with his sleeve. “****!” Dom yelled as a large rotting zombie smashed Ash into the side of the car, straining to get its mutilated jaws around her throat whilst the force of the attack had dented the car door. Using her right foot as leverage, she was pressing it against the zombies face to stop it from ripping her throat out. “Dom! Little help?” Ash screamed. Since both of her arms were pinned, and she had dropped her firearm, the most that she could do was try to stop the zombie was by pressing her boot against its face.

“Oh **** no!” Dom muttered as he saw that his companion was being attacked. Picking up her fallen pistol, he took aim with shaky hands. Squeezing the trigger, from point blank range, he missed the zombie hitting the car door right next to Ash’s head. Since the shot was so close to her head she flinched causing the zombie to get that little bit closer to her throat. Getting his wits about him this time, Dom pressed the gun barrel against the zombies’ temple. The zombie attempted to look at what was touching its face, but it didn’t get the chance because when Dom saw its head move, he pulled the trigger, splattering its brains across the bitumen. Helping Ash shift the corpse off her with the mysterious sniper picking off a couple more zombies in the street, they both turned around to see the zombies retreating back into the shadows of the alleyways and side streets.

“Holy ****, you saved my life there man! But next time, try to aim properly” Ash said as she took her gun back from Dom.

Meanwhile, on the roof of the gas station, the hidden sniper reloaded his bolt-action M24, holstered it on his back, and did a running jump off of the gas station roof, rolling as he hit the ground and walked up to the two civilians. Ash, noticing the person coming towards them, tapped Dom on the shoulder to get him to turn around. Seeing that he was wearing all black, had combat webbing over a gray Kevlar vest, a scrunched up beanie and poking out from under it, was light brown hair. Slung over his back was his M24 rifle, and he had two pistols holstered, a small silenced USP SOCOM with a laser sight on his belt and the other, a massive .44 Desert Eagle painted jet black with ‘XIII’ etched into the handle hooked on his webbing. Due to his getup, Ash could guess that he was a member of a S.W.A.T. team. What he was doing in Blackwell, she had no idea. As the man walked over, he pulled out his two pistols. As soon as he got within his arm’s reach, he aimed the pistols at their heads, the huge Desert Eagle at Dom’s head and the USP at Ash’s.

“Are you infected?” the S.W.A.T. member asked with a cold, hating voice, not inching the guns away from their faces.

“Hey, look buddy. I don’t know who you think you are, but would you please get that damn hand-cannon out of my face?” As Dom said this, the guy seemed satisfied that they were both clean, and he removed the guns with a slight smirk on his face and a small shrug of his shoulders.

“Well, you’ve gotta be prepared in a place like this.” he said as he holstered his two pistols “The name is Irving, call sign: Eagle.”
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 09:08:11 PM by Hunter »