Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 334396 times)

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #4680 on: November 03, 2009, 03:51:56 AM »
((Yep, I is waiting for her to post as well.))
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4681 on: November 03, 2009, 09:20:45 AM »
((So we're basically all waiting on Gaz, Zombs, or somebody else. I'm actually waiting on Myitt, although she'll be back inevitably. :) If it's like the Visser Three incident way back and the character just doesn't post, we'll have to go about our business anyway though. That happens in here periodically. ))

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #4682 on: November 03, 2009, 10:24:19 AM »
((If I hadn't gotten like five phone calls at 8:30 in the morning I might still be asleep right now XD  *cough Kelly and like four other people cough*  But, now I can post.   ::)  ))

Myitt turns to regard Mar, trying to hide the disturbing realism of whatever it was he just sent her.  "Hey, can I ask you," she says conversationally, "if your little friend who's the good guy ever comes out to hang around in bars?  You know, your old boss or archenemy or whatever?  I'd like to hear what he thinks about my very unjust case.  Isn't there a clause in the rules somewhere for selfless acts of um...self-sacrifice?"

<And don't forget modesty,> Tara adds.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4683 on: November 03, 2009, 10:50:49 AM »
((*Cackles* We've woken you up to torment you. Forever. And by the way...I'd like to be the one who says my name in public, thank you very much! X3 So yes, that makes me "Kelly." Only a girl would create a guy dressed like he got thrown up by the era before the French Revolution. And maybe a Yeerk bounty hunter or two.  ;) ))

Mar laughs out loud, choking and holding his side upon realizing that laughing that hard is a really bad idea with a nasty wound on your left side. "Oh..." he states in a raspy voice. "...that's really rich.."

Upon clearing his throat and regaining his composure, he seems to have gained an extremely amused expression, as if he finds the whole idea laughable. "Well, if you want to be extremely technical, He's actually inside this room with us. But then again, so am I and a number of powerful beings that frequent this reality. It's why I chose to come in as a mortal, if you remember. But the thing is..."

Mar pats Myitt on the shoulder. "...He rarely ever incarnates or even shows any kind of physical form. He does it more often in universes He has a fondness for, but it's always a big decision. I show up whenever I find it useful, on the other hand."

« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 01:42:10 PM by Shenmue654 »

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #4684 on: November 03, 2009, 11:04:01 AM »
"So you can't get me an audience with the guy?  Come on, it's a bar, not only that it's a nexus in space-time, you can't tell me God doesn't have a sense of humor."  Myitt gingerly crosses her arms.

Corliss, on the other hand, has fallen asleep at the bar counter.  Poor kid, exhaustion will do that to you.

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #4685 on: November 03, 2009, 01:11:26 PM »
((I'd like to be the one who says my name in public, thank you very much! X3 So yes, that makes me "Kelly."))

((Oh, you're Kelly? I thought she meant the other Kelly.))

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4686 on: November 03, 2009, 01:54:00 PM »
((Nope, I'm not that Kelly. We multiply and will take over everything you know and love.  >:D I call Myitt on a pretty frequent basis, although school's disrupted that somewhat. ))

Mar grins a bit. "I suppose you're right. Although sometimes I think that His sense of humor is a bit mischievous for a Higher being. Then again, my sense of humor is nothing to write home about. And whether He's "God" would probably depend on what universe you're from. The Andalites practically worshipped the Ellimist once, and there's still remnants of it."

Mar mulls over this and states, "I suppose myself and several others would know one way or the other. And most of us do not seek to spread any kind of dogmatic bull. Especially not me. But as for the matter of actually speaking to Him...well...even I don't know what He's saying half the time. And who knows whether He'd grant your request. That, and frankly I hate asking Him anything at all. You'd have to give me a really good reason."

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #4687 on: November 03, 2009, 02:07:03 PM »
((I mean when she said, "*cough Kelly and like four other people cough*" I didn't know she meant you, I thought she was talking about the Aussie Kelly.

So technically, you were the one to say your name in "public". ;D ))

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4688 on: November 03, 2009, 02:18:16 PM »
((NUUU! XD ))

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #4689 on: November 03, 2009, 05:31:14 PM »
"I'm a pawn in the game, and I asked nicely?" Myitt offers.  "Come on, with connections like you, can't I get a prayer kicked straight to the top of the line?  Bastard never listens otherwise.  If you believe in such things."

((Heheh, sorry Kel, I just don't think of you as "Shen" XD))

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4690 on: November 03, 2009, 09:20:57 PM »
"Practically everyone's a pawn in the game of a Higher being," states Mar with a bit of a shrug. "I'm not entirely convinced that I'm not, even though I am one...although I may be more of a Bishop or Knight. It all depends on what side of the board you're playing. Either way, I think that Chess is played wrong on Earth. Black always moves first as the catalyst, and White reacts."

Mar laughs a bit. "And don't count your blessings before they hatch. He's never listened to me either. And in the earliest days all I prayed for was forgiveness." Mar glances off darkly. "It didn't work."

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #4691 on: November 03, 2009, 09:49:45 PM »
"Great, he doesn't even listen to you, I haven't got a snowball's chance," Myitt says grudgingly.  "Whatever.  If I can't change it then I'm not going to worry about it.  What was it Horace said?"  Her eyes track.  "No, the whole thing...um, carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero*.  You know, seize the day, **** the future.  Humans always do have the nicest idioms."

((*Seize the day, trusting as little as possible in the future.))

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4692 on: November 03, 2009, 10:06:57 PM »
"Actually, odds are you're much more likely of pulling it off than I am," states Mar dryly. "Like I said, we aren't best pals or anything."

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #4693 on: November 03, 2009, 10:39:30 PM »
(I'm sorry about the lack of posting. Been busy the past few days.)

Gaz was slightly stunned by the question. "I'm not sure," she replied, "can't say anyone has ever asked me that before."

"This is the first time I've seen you speechless," Morgan said.

Meanwhile in the sick bay, Asda was tending to Mar-Jo. She was looking thoughtful while she cleaned the injury.

"Jedi," she repeated. "That doesn't sound familiar to me. I'll say one thing, that weapon saved a lot of time by cauterizing the wound for me. I just have to clean it and put a protective layer over the exposed tissue."

Offline Six

• AKA Zombz
« Reply #4694 on: November 04, 2009, 12:22:30 AM »
((RAAAGEE!!))
((Gah. I was gonna get a post up later but i left the file at school, so I'll haveta grab it tomorrow >< ))