Author Topic: Andalites  (Read 3434 times)

Offline super_sonic

• Well, this is new. Showing remorse, Eggman?
Andalites
« on: June 22, 2009, 01:58:58 PM »
I wonder how Andalites manage to reproduce and go to the bathroom...
The present day... The here and now that you've stolen... Time to take it back!

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Andalites
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 02:04:05 PM »
I'm pretty sure they have a butt and penis/vagina. So going to the bathroom shouldn't be hard.

Reproducing is debatable. It would be inconvenient for an Andalite child to suck milk through its hooves. I thin babies may have an immediate ability to eat grass after birth. It's never really explained.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline rocklobster

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 04:50:03 PM »
somehow I always pictured Andalites as mammals and nursing their babies until they can eat solid food.
They do have arms, so I can imagine them holding their babies and nursing them.
It must be very pretty to see that.  Andalite babies must be very cute. :cry:

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 05:05:19 PM »
this question came to mind before but i tried hard not to think about it because the image of Andalites having(or trying to have) sex is kinda gross, and I can imagine it'd be pretty awkward to watch, just like watching them swim. as for bathrooms....well I don't know if they have private areas but I'm pretty sure they have butts so I'm guessing that's how they use the bathroom
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline OrcaMorph

• Transient Resident
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 06:24:08 PM »
I imagine that Andalite sex strongly resembles horse sex.  Or, centaurian sex, if you want to get a more a accurate picture.  The female's tail wouldn't pose any sort of problem; it would be raised similar to an attack position.

somehow I always pictured Andalites as mammals and nursing their babies until they can eat solid food.
They do have arms, so I can imagine them holding their babies and nursing them.
It must be very pretty to see that.  Andalite babies must be very cute. :cry:

I sincerely doubt that Andalite parents ever hold their newborns.  I think Andalite infants would be capable of walking within a few minutes of birth, like horses and giraffes and other ungulates.

And, I also doubt they have an equivalent to nursing; I think young andalite's would be able to eat grass fairly soon after birth.
<OrcaMorph>

Read my blog on RAF: Transient Resident

Coming Soon

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 07:48:40 PM »
Still they're probably so cute the parents can't resist holding them even though they already know how to walk, like with earth babies
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline OrcaMorph

• Transient Resident
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 11:19:45 PM »
No, I disagree; first of all, I just don't think Andalites get the urge to hold things in their arms at all; their arms didn't really evolve for things like that. Kinda like how the concept of human-style throwing bewilders both Elfangor and Alloran/Esplin in the Andalite Chronicles.

But even if they did, I doubt that their frail arms would be able to hold even a new-born Andalite.
<OrcaMorph>

Read my blog on RAF: Transient Resident

Coming Soon

Offline Shark Akhrrana

• OOOH FISH
    • Chronicles of Hyrule
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 02:59:40 AM »
There is no mention of Andalites being mammals aside from the fact that they have fur. Female Andalites don't seem to have mammary grands. I think that baby Andalites can absorb nutrients as soon as they are born . no need to grow teeth or anything. Plus i have been wondering since they communicate though thought speak. can an unborn baby Andalite talk to its mother?

===============================================

Offline musicman88

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 09:09:40 AM »
Plus i have been wondering since they communicate though thought speak. can an unborn baby Andalite talk to its mother?

I don't see why not really... unless the brain has to "mature" a bit beforehand...
YOU'RE WINNER !

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 09:21:22 AM »
A newborn may not be able to compose their thoughts well enough to speak properly. It might be like hearing a toddler speak. Mostly gibberish.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline JFalcon

• I need to get out more . . .
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 05:07:40 PM »
In Ellimist Chronicles the Andalites didn't really have words, just emotions via thoughtspeak. So it's possible that newborns only broadcast emotions (what more does an infant need to communicate? Anger, hunger, etc) and words have to be learned later in life.
"I would be a ghost of this dynasty before I'd be a general of rebels and traitors!" ~ Pang De, Romance of the Three Kingdoms

"My brain! My brain! Me hurty to think!" ~ Zim, Invader Zim

"Fight it off? You must have me confused with someone who's brave." ~ Church, Red vs Blue

Offline Galladerotom

• Analysist, Paranoid, Trekie, and Psychic
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 10:12:15 PM »
Okay, we know that andalites have "waste dispossal systems" however I think that they simply do not work like human toliets. Actually I think it would be possible for andalites to only urinate since Ax dosen't seem to worry about the possibility of his droppings being found. Personaly I think they breed the same as other equine (horse like) species
We must extract the truth from this unbeliever on pain of torture! Get...THE COMFY CHAIR!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 10:25:13 PM »
How does grass digest? Would it tend to digest as a solid or a liquid? And what about other things that may enter the system by accident? Such as snails (btw, does that make the Andalites omnivores?)

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Adrian Malacoda

• Break me off a piece of that
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 10:46:13 PM »
I thought they absorbed nutrients (and water) directly through the hooves? If so, then there wouldn't be a need for digestion.
Free Software Foundation associate member #8136

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 10:53:23 PM »
That's true. So would they even have a need for urination then? Maybe any excess nutrients they just...sweat out

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013