Author Topic: Andalite vs Hork-Bajir  (Read 5210 times)

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
Re: Andalite vs Hork-Bajir
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2009, 04:39:20 PM »
Off hand, I would have to give this one to the Andalite. Depending on tail length, they can cut you from a distance. Hork-Bajir seem to be like close range fighters. And yeah, those tails are really fast and they have the multiple eye advantage also.

Offline Shock

• Xtreme Member
  • Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2009, 11:33:24 PM »
andalite, hands down.
horks wouldn't fight normally.

but do they do catch on pretty quick.
Cannibals are seriously messed up
[17:05:27] Reiyn: Shock's tact and diplomacy is unparalleled.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information. For in his heart, he dreams himself your master
Quote from: K.A. Applegate
So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack.

Offline visser101

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2009, 05:46:51 AM »
something else too consider, how the yeerk/host interaction effects the reflexes.

if the hork-bajir fight the yeerks for control during a fight then it is entirely possible that even a untrained andalite could win a 3 v 1. since the yeerks would be fighting the host, the andalite, and finding the proper comands for the body at the same time.

this could be why the yeerks were looking for willing hosts or braking their will, no fighting for control means that yeerk was only fighting the andalite or the yeerk was helping the host fight an andalite making it much harder for a deceptive move too work.

Offline sluggerrocky123

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2009, 10:28:39 AM »
Fighting on an open hillside and fighting in a forest are two very different things and each one gives a different species its advantage. If you just put them in a room and told them to fight, the Andalite would probably still have the advantage as long as the room was large enough.

Yes but remember Horks are like 7foot giants in the forest they would be just as screwed as an Andalite as there would be branches and more leaves and stuff for the hork to contend with plus an Andalite slashing at his legs.

However i personally believe that a Hork-Bajir would win, its got multiple blades and as previously stated can take a beating, so when the Hork gets close enough put a few slashes into the Andalite chest, and if you can get ever closer, close enough for the Andalite to say goodbye to his tail - with regards to a Hork blade then the Andalite is weaponless and then the Hork-Bajir can have his way with the Andalite

ALTHOUGH! could an Andalite tail slash through a Hork's Blade?? if so then i believe the fight would lean in favour towards the Andalite

Offline JFalcon

• I need to get out more . . .
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2009, 02:52:03 PM »
something else too consider, how the yeerk/host interaction effects the reflexes.

if the hork-bajir fight the yeerks for control during a fight then it is entirely possible that even a untrained andalite could win a 3 v 1. since the yeerks would be fighting the host, the andalite, and finding the proper comands for the body at the same time.

I'll grant you that in some cases a Hork-Bajir might screw the Yeerk over in a fight, but how many Hork-Bajir would know to do that at just the right time, how many are suicidal, and how many would actually want those Andalites, who screwed them over almost as badly as the yeerks did, to win the fight? Add to that the fact that a Yeerk knows what the Hork-Bajir is thinking right as it thinks it the Hork-Bajir would pretty much have to surprise even itself and I think that'd be hard.

But since we're talking totally untrained Hork-Bajir controllers and Andalites, I'll grant that a Yeerk probably wouldn't be able to stop it even if it saw it coming, so good point. It might be sort of a "Huh, he wants to shut his eyes so I can't see the Andalite's blade coming . . . how do I stop him from doing that aga-UGH darn it..."
"I would be a ghost of this dynasty before I'd be a general of rebels and traitors!" ~ Pang De, Romance of the Three Kingdoms

"My brain! My brain! Me hurty to think!" ~ Zim, Invader Zim

"Fight it off? You must have me confused with someone who's brave." ~ Church, Red vs Blue

Offline ThinkAgain

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • What to say?
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2009, 09:02:03 PM »
I agree with Falcon as far as the host's intervention is concerned.

As far as a fight between equally skilled warriors? I'd say it depends on terrain and area. In a close quarters duel, the Hork-Bajir is likely to win because the tail's extra reach would be of little advantage, and the stalk eyes would not help much when everyone is cramped and the locations are clear.

In open spaces, I'd go with the Andalite. The Hork-Bajir simply can't surprise the Andalite because it can see everywhere, and the long reach of the tail can be used to hit the Hork-Bajir before it gets close enough to attack. The tail can also be freely moved and spun around to distract and deter the enemy.

What does it mean to be free?

Offline fal_tagut

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2009, 02:43:30 PM »
It would be unfair for an Andalite to fight in the tree tops, which is the Hork-Bajir's natural element, and it would be unfair to the Hork-Bajir to fight in a wide open plain, which is the Andalite's element.

Offline Talos

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2009, 09:43:06 PM »
Here's what I think:

Equally trained Hork-Bajir Male vs. Equally trained Andalite male... the Andalite. Assuming that each one is about average in strength/reach. Keep in mind that Andalites may have better training.

Untrained Andalite male vs. trained Hork-Bajir male... Hork-Bajir.

Female Andalite vs. female Hork-Bajir... the female Hork-Bajir. Female Andalites have a much smaller tail blade, whereas female Hork-Bajir are less different than the males, although the males have an extra horn, and presumably larger size.

Another possibility is that, if the fight doesn't end soon, the Hork-Bajir may recover really quickly and be able to keep fighting; it took only seconds for Jara Hamee to heal that wound he made in his brain which was deep enough to expose his brain, and he recovered very quickly. There was no mention of an Andalite being able to do that, and no reason to assume that they can.

Offline Ash

• RAF Ancient
  • Social Staff Leader
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2009, 04:36:03 AM »
Interesting. I'd go with Andalite. Must be the countless times I've heard about Ax + multiple Horks, and his slashing away at ease.
You may have been given a cactus. Doesn't mean you have to sit on it.

Generation One

Keep up with RAF! Twitter | Facebook

Suspicious activity? Bot alert? Report the post or PM a staff member!

Offline Talos

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2009, 01:19:44 PM »
Well... the Animorphs (including Ax) can take advantage of what is called the "stormtrooper effect", in which named characters have an advantage over unnamed ones in combat. Back during the Andalite Chronicles, Esplin 9466 uses a Hork-Bajir host to defeat Aldrea (in her natural Andalite form) in just one back-handed blow, after blocking her tail blade with his own.

That, and Ax was very well-trained for his age, I'm sure.

Offline anijen21

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2009, 02:41:13 PM »
these blast points...only imperial hork-bajir are so precise.
I go off topic on purpose.

Offline wolfev

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2009, 04:29:14 PM »
I want to say Hork-Bajir cause andalites can be so damn ****y
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

Offline JFalcon

• I need to get out more . . .
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2009, 12:30:06 AM »
these blast points...only imperial hork-bajir are so precise.

This made me laugh out loud, everyone stared at me, I had to explain why I was still reasonably sane for laughing at a line nobody else around me understood  :P

To make this post relevant to the topic if the Andalite removes a blade from the Hork-bajir the Hork-Bajir has many many more, but once the Andalite's tail is removed he's defenseless.
"I would be a ghost of this dynasty before I'd be a general of rebels and traitors!" ~ Pang De, Romance of the Three Kingdoms

"My brain! My brain! Me hurty to think!" ~ Zim, Invader Zim

"Fight it off? You must have me confused with someone who's brave." ~ Church, Red vs Blue

Offline UEDfleet

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2009, 03:19:23 AM »
does anyone take age into account? When Ax fought with Visser 3 in book 8, he claimed that Allorn had a natural advantage from being older, and with more tail reach.

Offline Ash

• RAF Ancient
  • Social Staff Leader
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2009, 04:13:49 AM »
I don't wanna even think of a Hork Bajir fighting against a tail-less Andalite. I think the Andalite would be pureed.
You may have been given a cactus. Doesn't mean you have to sit on it.

Generation One

Keep up with RAF! Twitter | Facebook

Suspicious activity? Bot alert? Report the post or PM a staff member!