Author Topic: ani situations  (Read 1195 times)

Offline estrid

• God
  • LOL
ani situations
« on: December 13, 2008, 01:56:30 PM »
The old thread is way back, so I thought I would resurrect it. What real life situations make you immediately think of Animorphs, proving you are an ani nerd? :P

A couple weeks ago in class the teacher was asking people how would a giraffe drink if its neck is not long enough to reach the water while they are standing, and this one girl said they probably stick a foot in the water and drink through their hoof and i immediately thought "it's a giraffe not an andalite!"

what about you guys?
" 'What do you care if he drains a few vegetables?' I asked. 'He's a vampire!' Chester snarled. 'Today vegetables....tomor row, the world!' " Bunnicula-a Rabbit Tale of Mystery

Jess is my RAFbest friend cuz she is way awesome!
Cody-my gayBFF for eva!
Coolest Member of the Year 2009

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
  • Train of thought, like broken pencil, has no point
    • My tumblr
Re: ani situations
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 03:05:06 PM »
Haha, nice! Did you ask the girl if she read Animorphs afterwards?
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

Currently Reading: Winterwode, by J Tullos Hennig
Currently Writing: Demon's Bane
Currently Editing: Elder's Requiem

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 03:18:31 PM »
oh my gosh, yeah, that girl is spot on!
RAFcrushin on Tyler. Come on, isn't everyone?

Offline estrid

• God
  • LOL
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 03:48:43 PM »
lol dude i never thought to ask cuz the teacher lectured for like 20 more min after that and i forgot and now school is over. oh wells
" 'What do you care if he drains a few vegetables?' I asked. 'He's a vampire!' Chester snarled. 'Today vegetables....tomor row, the world!' " Bunnicula-a Rabbit Tale of Mystery

Cody-my gayBFF for eva!

Offline amy_animorph

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 03:18:26 PM »
well, this may not be exactly relevant, but my dad got a picture of this one bird in our backyard and we were trying to find out what it was. so he's looking at bird watching sights and books and stuff, and than I go upstairs and google all of the Animorphs bird-of-prey morphs. turns out it was a northern harrier, like Ax's morph.

Offline estrid

• God
  • LOL
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 08:33:26 PM »
hahaha. ya for my bird exam in my zoology class at the station that had just wings of the birds and u had to identify the type of flyin the birds were doin i was like "ok, this is a hawk wing, and i member in the ani books tobias and the others complaining when they had to flap alot, so this is obviously not the wing of  a power flier" :P

ya animorphs helped me get that ? right 8)

Cody-my gayBFF for eva!

Offline estrid

• God
  • LOL
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 08:46:02 PM »
i watched gran torino on thursday and the asian main charachter girl in the movie talked almost exactly like rachel from the animorphs tv show. every time she talked i would think of rachel

Cody-my gayBFF for eva!

Offline Kelly

• Gold Donor
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 08:51:13 PM »
There was a situation just over the weekend but I can't remember it now!!!

My boyfriend and I were talking about something (must have been an animal) and I was well informed in the subject, because I read about it in ani...wish I could remember... :-\
"I always considered myself a loner. I mean, not like a poor-me, Byron-esque, I-should-have-broughta-swimming-buddy loner. I mean the sort of person who doesn’t feel too upset about the prospect of a weekend spent seeing no one, and reading good books on the couch. It wasn’t like I was a people hater or anything. I enjoyed activities and the company of friends. But they were a side dish. I always thought I would also be happy without them."

- Harry Dresden/Jim Butcher, Ghost Story.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 08:59:12 PM »
I remember one time were a large bird of prey (I'm no ornithologist, but I pretty sure it wasn't a red-tailed hawk. . . .) landed on one of the patio furnature on my back porch.  S/he stayed there, until I lifted the blinds all the way, to get a better look.  Then s/he flew away.

A part of me couldn't help but think that s/he was someone in morph, or possibly Tobias.  I knew s/he couldn't but still.

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.