Author Topic: Berenson fake name  (Read 1931 times)

Elfangor555

Berenson fake name
« on: July 13, 2014, 11:19:40 PM »
At the start of most of the books each character states they can't say their name. Or at least in the first part of the series. I book 10 or something someone mentions toms last name is berenson, therefore jakes full name is berendon. I thought maybe he just made it up. But I looked at lot of websites and they say jakes name is Jake beer son and also Rachael Berenson. Are they keeping up the lies or is their name supposed to be berenson?

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
Re: Berenson fake name
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 08:36:45 AM »
Jake reveal's that his last name is in fact Berenson in 53, as the war is all but over and there's no point in keeping it secret anymore. Therefore Tom's last name is also Berenson, and if  Jake and Rachel are related through their father's as many assume to be, that would be her last name too. But that's in 53, no where is it mentioned in 10
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 08:49:43 AM »
It's funny how they want to hide their last names, but they won't hide their first names. If an intelligent controller actually read those books, every single teenager/preteen named Jake who had an older brother named Tom would be kidnapped and taken to the pool. There's also quite enough information given about Cassie for them to find her quickly as well. How many Wildlife Rehabilitation clinics are there around the town above the pool? also her mother runs the theme park/zoo in town as well. They won't give out their last names, but they'll give their first names and other key information.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Adam

• British
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Animorphs Fic Writer
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 10:27:40 AM »
Kids book logic, I'm afraid. =P

Though maybe everything was a lie? The Animal Rehab clinic was actually a meat processing facility, and Cassie was a beer-swilling redneck called Derek.
Check out my Animorphs fan-fiction on this site!
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=9858.0

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 01:01:48 PM »

^There was a dude in the series named Derek. So if Cassie's real name was Derek, what was Derek's real name?
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 01:50:14 PM »

^There was a dude in the series named Derek. So if Cassie's real name was Derek, what was Derek's real name?

Felicity? ;)

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 02:14:50 PM »

Damn. Everything I thought I knew is a lie! How deep does this conspiracy go?!
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline KingAlanI

• my Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 10:49:48 PM »
The secret diary narrative structure does strike me as one of the odd things about the series.

Yeah, it seems like it one could figure them out with the clues given, assuming those clues aren't themselves fake.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2014, 06:59:32 AM »
You guys are making the assumption that they didn't change the names of their parents and relatives and what not. Jake's name might of been his true name, but is there any evidence that that was true for them all? I vaguely remembering a book where the narrator said that they changed the names of the people and places, but I cannot remember which (had to leave my collection behind when I escaped my mother's place).

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 07:46:51 AM »
You guys are making the assumption that they didn't change the names of their parents and relatives and what not. Jake's name might of been his true name, but is there any evidence that that was true for them all? I vaguely remembering a book where the narrator said that they changed the names of the people and places, but I cannot remember which (had to leave my collection behind when I escaped my mother's place).

He didn't stop calling his brother Tom after revealing his name was Jake Berenson. Cassie didn't mention that there wasn't really a wildlife rehabilitation clinic or a theme park zoo combo that her mother runs.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2014, 07:54:03 AM »
Okay, I'll concede Tom.

But Cassie didn't assert that the park was truly named the Gardens. It could have . . . been . . . another . . . er, yeah, that does sound farfetched.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline NothingFromSomething

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2014, 01:12:44 AM »
I always thought they should have revealed everyone's names at the end.  Berenson's likely the real deal, as someone pointed out there's no point in the secrets at that point.  From memory I think Jake/Rachel's dads were brothers, so Rachel might assumedly be a Berenson too, depending on whether the kids reverted to their mom's maiden name or not.

The early books kind of make a note of the fake-names for places like The Gardens, but that all sort of dissipated as the series went on.  I'd guess it was probably the actual name of the place.

Person Of Interest re-watch.  Still stunning as ever.

Offline MoppingBear

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2014, 11:08:42 AM »
The biggest issue is that the books reveal that they are human.  Something they go to great lengths to hide for the majority of the series.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2014, 12:27:07 PM »
I guess we can safely assume the books never fell into Yeerk hands, I guess. At least, not until the end.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline pallosalama

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2014, 09:22:30 AM »
I vaguely remembering a book where the narrator said that they changed the names of the people and places, but I cannot remember which (had to leave my collection behind when I escaped my mother's place).

That actually reminds me or at least creates position where I think I remember that I've seen same in some book(s). I suppose it was book narrated by Marco.
Yet seeing your post made me think, "omg, I've never thought of that, you are an evil genius".