Author Topic: Animorphs MMORPG  (Read 3875 times)

Offline Slushie Man

• Just a passing-through Nerd
  • Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
Re: Animorphs MMORPG
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2008, 08:05:06 PM »
As long as the likeliness is similar enough, he can still be sued for charging money. And if he changes everything from the names, to the species names, to the species themselves, then what's the point of making an Animorphs game, if it has nothing to do with Animorphs?

Look, I support this idea 100%. All I'm saying is he cannot charge money for it, because that would be illegal.

Offline TheFearlessLeader

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2008, 08:08:59 PM »
Well. That's ok then. He just needs people to help him fund the project right? That is perfectly legal is it not? He doesn't have to "charge", but if other "investors" want to go in on it with him, they are allowed.

I say do it, and if you need help paying, ask around. I'm sure some of us loyal fans would be willing to contribute. I know I would.

And it isn't like it has to be the quality of World of Warcraft. Just something plain and simple. To get the point across at first. Heck, maybe some rich people can help support it and the next thing you know it hits big. Then he can try to get the license and start charging. Lol.

I'm a wishful thinker.
I went to the window and looked up at the stars. Somewhere up there, around one of those
cold, twinkling stars, was the Andalite home world. Somewhere up there was . . . hope.

<They'll come,> Tobias said. <The Andalites will come. And until then . . . >

I nodded and wiped away my tears. "Yeah," I said. "Until then, we fight."

Offline Slushie Man

• Just a passing-through Nerd
  • Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2008, 08:10:24 PM »
Oh yeah, Donations are allowed, cause when ti comes down to it, if he does get in trouble, he can say the donations are for anything at all. To pay for a top brand of kitty litter or something, lol. He just can't charge a fee, is all.

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2008, 07:13:26 AM »
Isn't it just a dream we're doing together? ;)
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

AnimorphsLuver

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2011, 06:54:48 PM »
I think it should be more like this.
Once you download it,make an account,etc., it brings you to a cutscene where you are alone in a construction site and elfangor comes and all of that other stuff happens. Then, you can go to The Gardens and aquire morphs by clicking on the animal then selecting "aquire". Then you can morph it by selecting it from your 'Morph Menu'. Then you go and find the "people" who are just computer-controlled and then you give them the morphing power. But, one wrong move, and you're infested!
What happens when your infested-
You can't use any actions. It eventually brings you to a very difficult minigame where you have to push certain keys on your keyboard to regain control for just a minute to tell someone to lock you up for 3 days. But, that causes the person to automatically be part of your Animorphs group. Once you get up to 4 people in your Animorphs group, you can start raiding Yeerk Pools, crashing Sharing meetings, etc.
Controls:
As human:
Up arrow key-go forwards
Down Arrow key- go backwards
Left arrow key- go left
Right arrow key- go right
In Bird morph:
Down arrow key- hold down to flap/gain altitude/kill speed to come in for landing.
Up arrow key- soar (in air). go forwards (on ground).
left arrow key- go left
right arrow key- go right

Hope you like my idea!

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2011, 07:16:08 PM »
This would be amazing. I think a lot of the missions could be stealth based. Skulking around, and waiting for the moment to strike. Strategy would seem key as well, to me at least. Like if you wanted to capture a squirrel because its msall and fast you could chase it around or spend a little money on a rodent trap.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Jetstream

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2011, 08:05:56 PM »
I note that this thread is many many years old, so I dunno if it's dead in the water.

THAT SAID, if people wanna play Animorphs characters, it is an option at a MUSH I played on many years ago. It's called "Multiverse Crisis MUSH." A MUSH is a text game, like a MUD but less combaty, more role-play...'y? Anyway, theme there is some crazy crap happened and now lots of universe came together. I know some people don't like that kind of game, but it's a place where you could play, like... Jake or Visser 3 or what-have-you if you so desired.

Just direct a Telnet client to telnet://eddie.rpg-works.net:5001

MUSHclient is the client I use, and it's free. Well, the client I USED. I don't play these games much anymore. No time. Anyway, thought maybe someone could have fun with it, so I'd throw it in there.

Ghost Bell

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2012, 08:23:39 PM »
 ;D YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES S!
MMO!MMO!MMO IS NEEDED!!!