Animorphs Section > Animorphs Forum Classic

I think Ax should have gone to school with the other Animorphs

(1/4) > >>

Yorick Brown:
It could have made for great comedy if Ax joined Jake, Rachel, Cassie and Marco in class.

I wonder why Tobias enver went back to school after getting his powers back. Fear of school bullies?

Chad32:
They would have to demorph and remorph every two hours. Which means between classes, probably in the bathroom. I don't know how long classes are in California, but if they are two hours long then it wouldn't be possible.

Now I could see Rachel giving Tobais school lessons after he got his morphing powers, but I don't know if she ever did that. I don't see much reason for Ax to attend school.

And one last thing. In order to attend school for the whole season, their names would have to be in the books. They aren't though, which would cause problems. It just wouldn't work. Finally, who is going to sign their report cards? They don't have parents or guardians to sign report cards or anything else the teacher might want signed.

Nomad Frog:

--- Quote from: Daphnes on August 12, 2008, 10:08:27 AM ---They would have to demorph and remorph every two hours. Which means between classes, probably in the bathroom. I don't know how long classes are in California, but if they are two hours long then it wouldn't be possible.

Now I could see Rachel giving Tobais school lessons after he got his morphing powers, but I don't know if she ever did that. I don't see much reason for Ax to attend school.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, it'd be cutting it really close with the timing, at my high school I think my classes were...50-55 minutes, so it'd be really a stretch to my mind.  That's one major downfall.

I dunno if it was just in however many fanfics I've read or if I remember this from the books -- but didn't Tobias help Rachel with her homework some nights?  So he'd be there, with her, reading the book, he would've learned, it just wouldn't be official?

About the signing of report cards...yeah, I had a few friends who's parents NEVER saw their report cards, haha...

--- Quote from: Yorick on August 12, 2008, 01:45:59 AM ---It could have made for great comedy if Ax joined Jake, Rachel, Cassie and Marco in class.

I wonder why Tobias enver went back to school after getting his powers back. Fear of school bullies?

--- End quote ---

It would've been hillarious, if they could find some way of doing it without drawing suspicion -- for example, Ax playing with his words too much - well, we KNOW several of their teachers were controllers, they would've noticed that, coupled with the hurried rush to the bathroom after class.  I think it was just too risky.  I don't think Tobias was too afriad of the bullies, I think he was afraid of either the time limit or his uncle finding out he was back - his teachers might start asking too many questions.

Yorick Brown:

--- Quote ---They would have to demorph and remorph every two hours. Which means between classes, probably in the bathroom. I don't know how long classes are in California, but if they are two hours long then it wouldn't be possible.
--- End quote ---

I'm pretty sure that simple history or math class or whatever class isn't longer than one hour

--- Quote ---I don't see much reason for Ax to attend school/
--- End quote ---

To better assimilate with humankind

--- Quote ---And one last thing. In order to attend school for the whole season, their names would have to be in the books. They aren't though, which would cause problems. It just wouldn't work. Finally, who is going to sign their report cards? They don't have parents or guardians to sign report cards or anything else the teacher might want signed.
--- End quote ---

As if Marco and Ax couldn't hack the computers and forge signatures!

RYTX:
I guess it'd be funny if ax went, but really since all we saw of them in school was mostly intermission of....missions where they were planny and grumpy, it's not like there is much to do with it.
Tobias probably never went back cause, well, who wants to go back to a place that sucked for them.

--- Quote ---Now I could see Rachel giving Tobais school lessons after he got his morphing powers, but I don't know if she ever did that.
--- End quote ---
Neither do I, but it rises the question; How was he helping here with homework, two, three years after being trapped, shouldn't her material have gotten a little harder???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version