Animorphs Section > Animorphs Forum Classic

Animorphs reimagined for television

(1/4) > >>

wolfev:
Okay here is how I would have done a television version of animorphs without destroying everything that was in the books.
The key here is to change things from the beginning and not try to keep up with K.A.'s crazy mythos but use it as an inspiration. So this is going to get weird but I think you can handle it.

The story is essentially the same basic story with everyone's favorite brain slugs the yeerks as the bad guys. However we do not introduce the andalites or Elfangor into the plot initially. Rather the morphing ability is acquired almost virally by those who encounter its source. I chose this source to be Tobias because he is so pitiful and essential to the plot. The reason we find out later that he has the ability to give the morphing power to others is because he is Elfangor's son. However, we don't know who Elfangor is at this point so there is no point going into all of that.

So we start with poor sad Tobias who due to an X-men like puberty mutant reaction gives off the morphing power to those around him infecting several people. This will include Marco, Rachel, Jake, and Tobias. There is a plot twist. There are other people infected with the ability to morph. Think of them as sleeper agents for the andalite military who at any moment could develope or discover their morphing ability. This opens up for the possibility of David arising later on. Also it lets us bring back Jakes brother Joseph.

So tell me your opinions and add your ideas to this version of animorphs that I think would actually work for television.

SuperBlue:
....no offense but if tht were the story for the actual TV show, it would've bee ncancelled even quicker. Books turned into shows/movies are supposed to stay as true to the book as possible.

wolfev:
tell that to stargate and buffy, battlestar galactica, batman, hairspray, mame, west side story. They all are based on something that was later changer for the better.

SuperBlue:

--- Quote from: wolfev on August 11, 2008, 07:29:14 PM ---tell that to stargate and buffy, battlestar galactica, batman, hairspray, mame, west side story. They all are based on something that was later changer for the better.

--- End quote ---
yea but have u seen how pissed off animorphs fans were at the tv show just for making story line changes tht were no where near as dramatic as yours? Plus batman has had too many different stories to count, all comics have

wolfev:
well think of it this way. Its like heroes is X-men but without the costumes. And galatica pissed off the old fans so much they refer to it as Galactica in Name Only or G.I.N.O. So I think the idea would be for it do have a different fanbase but to try to keep the old one. This one wouldn't try to be the series like the old series was. It would be itself when it could. That way you can't screw it up if your inventing it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version