Animorphs Section > Animorphs Forum Classic

Why does the hit song 'Viva La Vida' by Coldplay remind me of Elfangor so much?

(1/2) > >>

Yorick Brown:
I don't get it.

Phoenix004:
I don't suppose you were reading The Andalite Chronicles at some point while listening to the song? It doesn't really remind me of Elfangor, but I have had similar things happen to me with other songs. One song still reminds me of the Darren Shan Saga even though it's been a few years since I read it, and another song my brother was playing last time we were in Scotland reminds me of the Mirror Dreams/Mirror Wakes books I was reading at the time.

Yorick Brown:
No. I wasn't reading that book though I'm reminded of it whenever I think of the song.

I think it's because of the lyrics about the hardships that a leader faces reminds me of Elfangor's struggles in the book. Not only the tough battles he fought but also the perfect human life he left behind when the Ellimist whisked him away (never and honest word but that was when I ruled the world...).

Myitt:
"Revolutionaries wait for my head on a silver plate"...yeah this song reminds me more of Visser Three than anyone else x3 But I can see the whole, 'Elfangor was on top of the world and lost what he had' thing.

Raskipper:
My media arts professor warned me that the process of getting a degree in digital media would warp your perspective on films and movies.  He was right.  Often, I will hear a song and my first reaction would be "Wow!  That would be an amazing end credits song for a movie adapted from certain Animorphs books.  For example, "We Are" by Kids in the Way would be an awesome song for The Invasion, "Mama Said" by Metallica would be epic on #30, and "Reckless Youth" by Pillar would play nicely after viewing #7 as a movie.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version