Author Topic: Who or what would you morph?  (Read 1306 times)

Offline Visser19

Who or what would you morph?
« on: April 03, 2010, 12:02:46 PM »
I don't know if this has been discussed before.
There is the scientific theory that there are infinite alternate realities or universes, and therefore every possibility exists. For example, I could visit the  universe where Star Wars was a true story, or go to where Star Trek really is the truth, same goes for the Animorphs universe, and even non sci-fi stories, such as LOTR, Narnia, or even Friends (LOL). Maybe there would even be real life cartoons somewhere, so there would be the Simpsons universe, or Powerpuff Girls, anything would be possible. So, if you could, who would you choose to morph out of all real life celebrities or historical figures or just characters on TV, in the movies, or in books? There is NO limit. (Putting aside the sentient morphing controversy.)

There are tons I would choose, but I would definitely morph Peter Parker, although IDK if I'd have his powers. Also maybe Magneto, one of the Avatar species, A Goauld (Stargate), a Yeerk, an Andalite, an Urukai, a Jedi (would I have the Force?), Jabba the Hutt, Jar Jar Binks, Yoda, and maybe Obama so I could get into places easily, (or whoever would be the current president). There are many possibilites. Zeus? I would try.. The Ellimist too. Of course many of the Animorph's original morphs too would be nice.
 :bluebox: :jake:

Offline JFalcon

• I need to get out more . . .
Re: Who or what would you morph?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 01:10:40 PM »
Apart from the obvious Yeerk, Andalite or Yeerk infesting an Andalite answer it might be fun to be Happy Noodle Boy for a day . . . I wouldn't mind being a fraggle either (a forty minute work week?!) or a drow (nerd factor five!) some other specific historical or fictional figures I wouldn't mind being? Well assuming I get to impersonate them to experience their lives or change some events Zhuge Kongming or Zhou Gongjin from the three kingdoms jump to mind, as does Spongebob, I mean I hate that show with a passion but doesnt it look like it'd be fun to be him for just one day, or indeed two hours?

Also Darkeye or Santo (The Age of Reptiles: Tribal Warfare/The Hunt) Robin Hood (I'm not sure if he was historical) Victor Stiener-Davion or Sun-Tzu Liao (Battletech) Nightcrawler (X-Men, any but Ultimate) Nara Shikamaru (Naruto) Loki (norse mythology) a Gargoyle (Disney's Gargoyles) a Kildren (The Sky Crawlers) a paper master (R.O.D.) a Veni-Yan warrior or a Bone (Jeff Smith's Bone series) a Jedi (Star Wars and now I think I'm at Nerd Factor Nine) an Irken (Invader Zim) one of my WoW characters (Nerd Factor Twenty) a Saiyan (Nerd Factor over nine thousand!!)

. . . . And probably more but I don't want to take up any more time reminding myself of all the cool fantasy thingies I can't actually be in real life . . . now I'm kind of sad  :'(
"I would be a ghost of this dynasty before I'd be a general of rebels and traitors!" ~ Pang De, Romance of the Three Kingdoms

"My brain! My brain! Me hurty to think!" ~ Zim, Invader Zim

"Fight it off? You must have me confused with someone who's brave." ~ Church, Red vs Blue

Offline Visser19

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 12:21:12 AM »
LOL Spongebob! Right, that'd be awesome! Or to morph David Hasslehoff with motorboat capabilities like in the Spongebob movie haha. A Gargoyle would also be way cool, but better not morph one at the break of dawn or you'll be a nohtlit. Nara Shikamaru, that's the Chunin right? (Not his mom or something). Yeah I'd be Naruto, Sasuke, Orochimaru, Neji, Gaara, so many... Yeah, Saiyans of course! Goku for sure, Vegeta too. Frieza, and most of all Kid Buu! Wow, most of those I don't know of. Guess I'm not as high on the Nerd Factor. ;) And don't forget Mario, Crash Bandicoot, Ratchet, and so many Pokemon... Okay, so there's some nerdiness... Spock!
Ha, yeah, it is kinda depressing not to actually be able to do any of this. I used to seriously be upset with the world that I couldn't have morphing technology. Although I still tried to acquire my pets.

Offline JFalcon

• I need to get out more . . .
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 03:22:11 PM »
Yeah, Shikamaru is the first of Naruto's class to get promoted to Chuunin and the only one to accomplish it before the first series ends . For a while he was the last thing holding my interest in the series. His mother's name was Yoshino and knowing that is probably another point onto my already too high nerd factor.

As for the rest of my morphs, yeah some are pretty obscure. Gongjin and Kongming might be better known as their Dynasty Warriors carricatures Zhou Yu and Zhuge Liang if that helps. I'm not surprised if you don't know Sky Crawlers (it tanked and it's hard to make it through the first time you watch it) but a Kildren is more or less this immortal clone thing, they don't age at all and they can do whatever they want to their bodies (i.e. they smoke, drink, etc.) without it actually affecting them, it usually takes an extremely graphic kill scene to slow the suckers down and even that doesnt--well I won't say anything to spoil the plot if you ever decide to pick it up. Suffice it to say the main drawback to being a Kildren (appart from coming from a movie nobody saw) is having little to no long term memory which I wouldn't need if I were only going to be in morph for two hours. Then again physically they're just humans with slightly sharper senses so I wouldn't really stand much chance against a Hork-Bajir in one on one combat. I was mostly just thinking it'd be fun to be one.

As for the Gargoyle morph I imagine it being an excellent night time battle morph I mean I'd have minor gliding ability, claws that can carve through stone and even the smallest Gargoyle--Lexington--is shown to have strength far superior to a human, so I'd have all sorts of advantages over a Hork-Bajir or whoever I was fighting, and the whole eye thing is intimidating, but yeah using it in the day or close to dawn would be a bad idea, unless the stone hybernation was somehow not affected by the morphing clock, since even the series creator seems not to be totally sure about just what happens when they hybernate (I know he's changed his mind on it at least once) it's possible that "morphing" to stone and then reverting back would bend the rules similarly to Cassie the catterpillar becoming a butterfly, in which case it's actually a morph you can fight in for more than two hours without having to worry about becoming a nothlit . . . not that I'd want to test it out of course.

An Irken would just be fun as they seem pretty indestructable Zim's body is practically destroyed in some episodes but he just bounces right back and they seem to be insanely long lived; Tak and Zim appear to be rather young adults (if they're even adults, Zim's level of maturity seems adolescent at best and even the more intelligent Irken characters like Tak or the other Invaders seem childlike in ways of their own) yet Tak states in the show that they attended the academy fifty years ago (and they look more or less identical to their present day selves so in fifty years they haven't aged) she also initially just seems disappointed by a seventy year sentence to janitorial work rather than devastated as for a human that'd be a life sentence, for her it's just the amount of time before she can retake her final exam. So if I ever did get trapped at least I've got a nice long life of indestructability to look forward to. I'd just have to hope the Irken I morphed was tall.

And Pokemon would be awesome; that's hundreds of possibilites and many of them "morph" so being trapped isn't all that dangerous. If Tobias had been trapped as a Pidgey all he'd have to do to get free would be evolve  ;D I wonder if I could acquire a Haunter, then just use hypnosis and confusion ray on all the Hork-Bajir, and laugh while their physical attacks fail to bother me. If I morphed a Ditto I could just turn into whatever wierd monster Visser Three became. There's a lot of neat things in the world that could make effective morphs.
"I would be a ghost of this dynasty before I'd be a general of rebels and traitors!" ~ Pang De, Romance of the Three Kingdoms

"My brain! My brain! Me hurty to think!" ~ Zim, Invader Zim

"Fight it off? You must have me confused with someone who's brave." ~ Church, Red vs Blue

BaronConall

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 10:07:32 AM »
I snickered at the idea of a Happy Nooble Boy morph :P

Got me thinking, I'd morph Jhonen Vasquez just to freak out people in the know in malls ;D

Other than that... Yeah, definately a Saiya-Jin. I'd go Goku and get a friend to go Vegeta and we'd perform Fusion, haha!

Also, Alex Mercer from [PROTOTYPE]... He's the only morph where becoming a Nothlit wouldn't be so bad.

Hmmm... Michael LeRoi from ShadowMan 64, Worgen from WoW, Sven Tveskoeg from the Death's Head novels (sorta like the Space Marines answer to Wolverine), Harry Keogh from the Necroscope novels (raising the dead and teleportation are always handy) and a Predator ;D

I would also list Alien/Xenomorph, but that seems just as desirable as morphing an ant :o

Offline alaois

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 11:26:43 AM »
A Gargoyle would also be way cool, but better not morph one at the break of dawn or you'll be a nohtlit.

though it might reset the morph clock like a butterfly

Offline powertrash

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 02:12:32 PM »
I'd morph a Time Lord.

ftw
Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.
[G.K. Chesterton]

Offline Visser19

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 02:18:47 PM »

As for the Gargoyle morph I imagine it being an excellent night time battle morph I mean I'd have minor gliding ability, but yeah using it in the day or close to dawn would be a bad idea, unless the stone hybernation was somehow not affected by the morphing clock, since even the series creator seems not to be totally sure about just what happens when they hybernate (I know he's changed his mind on it at least once) it's possible that "morphing" to stone and then reverting back would bend the rules similarly to Cassie the catterpillar becoming a butterfly, in which case it's actually a morph you can fight in for more than two hours without having to worry about becoming a nothlit . . . not that I'd want to test it out of course.

And Pokemon would be awesome; that's hundreds of possibilites and many of them "morph" so being trapped isn't all that dangerous. If Tobias had been trapped as a Pidgey all he'd have to do to get free would be evolve  ;D I wonder if I could acquire a Haunter, then just use hypnosis and confusion ray on all the Hork-Bajir, and laugh while their physical attacks fail to bother me. If I morphed a Ditto I could just turn into whatever wierd monster Visser Three became. There's a lot of neat things in the world that could make effective morphs.

Yeah good point, there are a lot of morphs that naturally morph that would probably reset the clock. Ditto, ha that would be awesome! Also, if you were to morph a shape-shifter from Star Trek then you could theoretically stay as him forever and never have to worry about morphing back (although you could). But even if you couldn't you could always just shape-shift yourself when you wanted to.
Also, I would try out some crazy monsters, like Rancor from Star Wars, and the Pit of Sarlaac, or the Basilisk, or a ton of MIB aliens, like the giant ****roach or the tiny alien that controls an android in the head. Also morphing a wizard like Dumbledore or Voldemort would be wicked cool.
Sadly, I wouldn't be able to morph Buzz Lightyear or Woody, or that robot from iRobot or any other robot, or a ghost like Casper or something, or Genie from Aladdin, they just don't have DNA.

I would totally try to talk in various animal morphs like Marco did when he drove that semi in gorilla morph, :lol: That was one of the funniest moments of the series for me! I would be the best talking parrot, like Eago, or many other things. If I morphed a talking animal like a Narnian or Tigger, would I be able to talk still? Hmm....

Other than that... Yeah, definately a Saiya-Jin. I'd go Goku and get a friend to go Vegeta and we'd perform Fusion, haha!

Haha yeah! Just don't use the earings or that could be a serious issue in demorphing.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 02:22:34 PM by Visser19 »

VisserZer0

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 11:53:53 PM »
I'd morph:
A Sperm Whale/Snapping turtle combo from Impossible Creatures
A Tank from Left 4 Dead
The "Watcher in the Water" from LotR: The Fellowship of the Ring. (the thing that came from the pool and grabbed Frodo as the Company were entering Moria). Dunno what it was but it was massive.

That's all for now. I'm sure I can think of much more.

Offline itw2009

• Gold Donor
  • your daily dose of skepticism
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 10:56:52 AM »
birds are top of my list. preferably something powerful and agile. maybe with laser vision. >____> no way am i going down as a bird under any circumstances.

there are a few x-men in there... but i'd have to say that i'm reeally iffy about morphing sentient beings. D: just for the 'ew' factor. not sure i could do that. so many potentially bad scenarios, there...

i'd particularly stay away from morphing mythological gods; they tend to make you regret ever doing anything involving them. i mean, every person who's ever come across zeus or hera? toast. or an ANIMAL. like a cow or a pig or something. with maaybe a consolation constellation for you in the sky somewhere. and there's always such a thing as being too powerful- that's when something like the ellimist comes down on you and screws your life up. also, great power, great responsibility much? D: i'd feel morally obligated to keep myself in check in a huge way.

but i would definitely morph a few dogs. and something really, REALLY fast. :3 no idea what... probably an alien species of some sort... but something ridiculously speedy.
“The President and a small group of people know exactly what he meant."