Author Topic: If you were doomed to be a nothlit....  (Read 25709 times)

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
Re: If you were doomed to be a nothlit....
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2008, 01:54:26 PM »
Actually, the Barn Owl is the one that only lives 2 years. Falcons can live to be 30.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2008, 03:41:38 PM »
Not really an animal, but
A Klingon :headbang:.
DaHjaj 'oH QaQ jaj Daq Hegh!
Today is a good day to die!
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline Toominator Z

• Divide by Zero
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2008, 03:54:45 PM »
How do you judge that? A good day to die, I mean. Something to do with star alignment?

Offline nothlitlifestyles

« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2008, 04:10:51 PM »
Waterfowl and Seabirds.
Easy!

Yeah..... but they all seem so...... small and pathetic. I mean Im not saying I would have to be some big macho killing animal or anything but imagine life as a duck.... It just doesnt seem that fascinating

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2008, 04:12:32 PM »
How do you judge that? A good day to die, I mean. Something to do with star alignment?
Nono, it's the Klingon battle cry. They say it out of battlelust and to wipe away hesitations as they go into battle.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2008, 04:51:42 PM »
Yeah..... but they all seem so...... small and pathetic. I mean Im not saying I would have to be some big macho killing animal or anything but imagine life as a duck.... It just doesnt seem that fascinating

Clearly, you have never been up-close-and-personal with a angry goose...or swan *shudder*.

A swan can be seven feet long, from bill to tail, with a nine foot wing span.
They can break a man's arm with their wings.
If you really need an idea how non-pathetic waterfowl are:

The Trumpeter Swan can weigh 40 pounds. It is actually the heaviest flight-capable bird on Earth.
It can fly between 40 and 60 miles-per-hour, without sleep or food, for two thousand miles in one go.
Can you honestly imagine moving that much weight, that fast, over that kind of distance?
Its wings are beyond belief, they are so strong.

It can run fast, too, if you've ever ticked one off while it was nesting. *ouch*

Geese are easily as fast and as vicious, they're just a bit smaller and better at higher altitudes.

Ducks are no pushovers, either. You don't KNOW fast until you've irritated a flock of Canvasbacks.

Seabirds have some of the sharpest bills of any bird.
Gannets can dive 100 feet under water from 200 feet in the air to go after deep-water fish, and they can swim back to the surface, swallow the fish, and regain ALL THAT ALTITUDE in a space of two minutes.

Albatrosses are HUGE, and nothing hunts them. They don't even have to flap, most of the time.

Don't knock the water birdies until you get to know them. :)
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2008, 07:03:14 PM »
What do you DO in your freetime, Estelore ??? :o?
My Klingon likes to down a nice, tall glass of prune juice after finishing with your Trumpeter Swan :evilgrin27: ;).

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2008, 07:05:11 PM »
He'd have to catch the swan first. ^-^

Klingon bones break just as easily as Human bones. ^-^

In my free time I read. A great deal of that reading is devoted to my interest in ornithology.
I've loved birds all my life. It is why I read #23 first. It had a hawk on it!
If you wanna' know something about birds, I'm the one to ask.

Offline estrid

• God
  • LOL
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2008, 07:06:22 PM »

Clearly, you have never been up-close-and-personal with a angry goose...or swan *shudder*.

The Trumpeter Swan can weigh 40 pounds. It is actually the heaviest flight-capable bird on Earth.
It can fly between 40 and 60 miles-per-hour, without sleep or food, for two thousand miles in one go.
Can you honestly imagine moving that much weight, that fast, over that kind of distance?

It can run fast, too, if you've ever ticked one off while it was nesting. *ouch*

Geese are easily as fast and as vicious, they're just a bit smaller and better at higher altitudes.

Ducks are no pushovers, either. You don't KNOW fast until you've irritated a flock of Canvasbacks.

Gannets can dive 100 feet under water from 200 feet in the air to go after deep-water fish, and they can swim back to the surface, swallow the fish, and regain ALL THAT ALTITUDE in a space of two minutes.

Albatrosses are HUGE, and nothing hunts them. They don't even have to flap, most of the time.

i was not aware u were a fellow animal nut!!!! yay, im not the only 1! ;D
" 'What do you care if he drains a few vegetables?' I asked. 'He's a vampire!' Chester snarled. 'Today vegetables....tomor row, the world!' " Bunnicula-a Rabbit Tale of Mystery

Jess is my RAFbest friend cuz she is way awesome!
Cody-my gayBFF for eva!
Coolest Member of the Year 2009

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2008, 07:10:05 PM »
Y'all need to read up on your Klingonology-they have bone chain-mail in their chests, so they can take a beating from a bird any day of the week 8).

Offline estrid

• God
  • LOL
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2008, 07:12:44 PM »
i'd rather stick to reading bout real animals, or animorph related aliens :P
" 'What do you care if he drains a few vegetables?' I asked. 'He's a vampire!' Chester snarled. 'Today vegetables....tomor row, the world!' " Bunnicula-a Rabbit Tale of Mystery

Jess is my RAFbest friend cuz she is way awesome!
Cody-my gayBFF for eva!
Coolest Member of the Year 2009

Offline nothlitlifestyles

« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2008, 01:46:38 AM »

I'll make sure to never underestimate any bird EVER again. Your right I have never been up close and personal wth one. Thank you for enlightening me. lol. I'll also make sure to never upset a duck when at the park too.

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2008, 05:56:03 AM »
I think Marco mentions something about how powerful and good flying morphs ducks really are in the final arc. He was pretty surprised they never acquired the duck before.
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2008, 06:04:13 AM »
yeah #51. I was wondering that too.

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2008, 08:11:13 AM »
If they had gotten duck morphs early on, they could've gotten to places a lot faster and that might've made changed the storyline even :P.