Author Topic: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC  (Read 95310 times)

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
Re: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2012, 02:16:14 PM »
0.0 Whoah. I have that too, but not with you guys. I created a set of that complexity with my best friend Meg Griner, better known as "Pyrebird who I have to practically drag on here." XD They're never all in the same Roleplay at the same time, though----they're developed between Roleplay settings in something we call a "Star System." Term comes from a manga author who did the same thing. So I am pretty impressed by you guys creating that many characters co-existing in the same dimension. :3

Sounds....logistica lly complicated. Ossanlin's battle plan sounds even crazier. ...we're such nerds. XD
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 02:19:53 PM by Shenmue654 »

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2012, 10:26:11 PM »
OMG, can I just say that I love us? :hug:
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2012, 10:30:40 PM »
Aww  :luv:

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2012, 11:12:38 AM »
I am reminded of a video of a fencing scene in a movie where these two guys are fighting. One guy gets a slash on him, and he responds "I needed that to awaken me!". I forget what movie it was, but someone posted it to show a good fencing battle besides the one in Princess Bride that more people are probably aware of. Inigo Montoya versus the pirate Roberts.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2012, 11:03:01 AM »
Looks like the game master's trying to move this RP train along. Sparring is all nice and good for Chad and and Estelore, but the rest are left twiddling their thumbs. I understand.

Of course you guys know that the Rule of Drama dictates that the time that the pregnant character gives birth must be the worst possible time. Rule of Funny dictates that the only person nearby to help is going to be the worst person for the job.

Sorry, I seem to be doing all kinds of multi posting.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 11:05:02 AM by Chad30 »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2012, 09:45:35 PM »
Actually I have planned upon introducing this particular little curve-ball for a long time, to add a sense of reality.  Things don't always go to plan...

But yes, the rebel players right now are very much trapped.  We need to start changing their situation so that they can post responses too.  I left enough time for you two to wind things up...three minutes is a lot of time in a fight.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2012, 09:55:57 PM »
Oh, and Kelly, you should see some of the details I've gone into with the realm of Eredonia.  I'm up to fourteen pages of font-size 10 in Word and I've only done a brief overview of the "Light" races as well as a detail on three of the six main realms in Eredonia.  :p  I've also started organizing my language in a Word file instead of a bunch of random notes in a notebook.  ^^

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2012, 09:58:02 PM »
I kind of picture Z-Space as a river without any shore to guide it, so it's just all over the place.

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2012, 01:39:15 AM »
A quick note on full NPC's and quasi-NPC's.  In the case of full NPC's, the player shooting at the NPC may call a hit or a miss on that NPC opponent.  That player may also choreograph that NPC's movements.  That player may also call hits and injuries upon his or her own PC.

Example:

Ossanlin's ARC indicates movement up ahead in the corridor and he looks up just in time to see a large male Andalite round the corner.  He throws himself to the side as the Andalite's opening shot sears past.  He shoulders his ASAR, squeezing the trigger several times.  The first shot misses, but the second catches the Andalite in a leg, sending him to the ground.  The Andalite fires a second shot as he falls, the bolt of blue energy grazing Ossanlin's shoulder.  Ossanlin grits his teeth against the blossom of pain and squeezes off another shot from his ASAR, this one catching the Andalite in the head, his form crumpling entirely.

Ossanlin glances at the burn mark across his shoulder and pulls the pain-suppressant injector from his medkit, administering a shot underneath one of his scales and then replacing the injector in its slot.  The burning pain subsides to a dull throb.  Morphing would take away the injury, but that will have to wait.

All players are allowed to control stock NPC's (or cannon-fodder, as I like to call them) in this manner.  You may also declare that a stock-NPC has fired a shot or taken actions toward someone else in your party or line of sight.  Keep things reasonable, but otherwise, have fun with it.  You can make yourself look pretty dang bad (in a good way) with this system.  Just remember to keep actions and abilities within your character's limits.

With quasi-NPC's, they will be mod-controlled.  Myitt and Terenia will control the Rebel 'quasis' while I'll control the Andalite 'quasis' as I have already done.  If those two want to allow Kitsunemarie to control some rebel quasi-NPC's, I'll leave that up to them.  Those three have a fairly large, well-developed idea of the rebellion (as was mentioned in an above post), so it would make sense.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 04:18:32 AM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »

RAF Silverblade

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2012, 02:08:22 PM »
Yes, Marie's of course welcome to control our quasi-NPCs...we'll each have plenty of those to go around, depending on how populated our survivor list ends up of course :(

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2012, 08:49:51 PM »
Logistics issue: Beginning tomorrow morning and lasting until Sunday evening, we will be offline. Along with the US Thanksgiving holiday, we have family obligations which will preclude us having Internet access until we return to campus.

If Norry's actions are needed to progress the plot, Ossanlin is welcome to mod Norry during our absence.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2012, 09:13:01 PM »
That's reasonably expected, unless anyone doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving. I won't be offline as long. Just tomorrow afternoon.

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2012, 11:05:29 PM »
I might still bomb around, we aren't doing anything special, just making some honey turkey-breast and hanging out.  But that's perfectly fine Este.  Most people will probably have family obligations, besides you've fulfilled your post "quota" and then some.  ;)  But thank you for the heads-up...try to have some fun.  :)

RAF Silverblade

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2012, 11:14:13 PM »
Also Este, I'll require a post edit from you.  We're not to the singularity chamber yet, we're just getting onto the maintenance level which runs pipe, wire, and other needfuls through the facility.  We have to get through the corridors first.  The descent portion of your post is fine, but you're descending to the maintenance level only.  There are some crudely-drawn blueprints in the OOC thread if you want to have a look at them.  The singularity chamber is one level further down (technically two, even though it's only one room), but we're not over it yet, and we won't enter it until Esarvit and Aurellia are in position in the central computer room.  When you have a chance, whether it's when you get back or if you get to check again tonight, please make the adjustment.  I apologize if the plan was not made clear.  I will try to be more forthcoming with information in Ossanlin's posts if that would be helpful.   :)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 11:20:15 PM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »

RAF Silverblade

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2012, 11:18:00 PM »
That would be very helpful, thanks. :)
*editing*
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time