Author Topic: What's up with the ebooks?  (Read 1118 times)

Offline melon12

What's up with the ebooks?
« on: October 08, 2011, 11:29:11 PM »
I've been reading through the ebooks on the site for the past two months and made it up to #13, then all of a sudden it cut me off. It directed me to the message about distribution, but that was from 2010- why was I able to read for so long then it suddenly ended? I was never able to finish the series and was hoping to do so online, anyone know what the problem is or if another site is hosting them?

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
Re: What's up with the ebooks?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 01:12:03 AM »
scholastic finally requested that we take them down, most likely since they were re-releasing the series.

Though Animorphs has long not been published, RAF, they claim, is infringing on their trademark of "Animorphs", and by having the "unauthorized" Animorphs eBooks online, "creates a likelihood of confusion as to the source of origin of the goods and services you provide and is likely to deceive and confuse customers into believing that (you) are owned or endorsed by Scholastic..."

Offline melon12

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 06:19:02 PM »
Nooo. That's terrible.
Never finished the series but am embarrassed to be an adult walking around with animorphs books so this was the perfect solution.
Anyone know of another site?

Offline super_sonic

• Well, this is new. Showing remorse, Eggman?
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 09:50:00 PM »
scholastic finally requested that we take them down, most likely since they were re-releasing the series.

Though Animorphs has long not been published, RAF, they claim, is infringing on their trademark of "Animorphs", and by having the "unauthorized" Animorphs eBooks online, "creates a likelihood of confusion as to the source of origin of the goods and services you provide and is likely to deceive and confuse customers into believing that (you) are owned or endorsed by Scholastic..."

Scholastic is re-releasing the Animorphs series? When are they doing this? Assuming they have not already done so, because I have been out of the loop for so long...
The present day... The here and now that you've stolen... Time to take it back!

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 10:03:33 PM »
they started coming out in May. http://www.scholastic.com/animorphs/books/index.htm
I know at least 4 is out by now, maybe 5 and 6 through pre-orders
Scholastic aimed to go up to at least 6, but I don't think we've heard if they have any plans on what will happen from there

Have we?
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 05:11:45 PM »
according to Hirac Delest, #7 and 8 is also coming out.  http://www.hiracdelest.com/blog/?p=3345

and yeah, it sucks that the ebooks are gone
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^