Author Topic: GESB: Operation Cocoa Puffs  (Read 16050 times)

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
Re: GESB: Operation Cocoa Puffs
« Reply #345 on: December 27, 2009, 02:34:26 PM »
Myitt yawns and stretches.  "Looks like we're almost ready to make the jump, guys."  She picks up the link and calls Corliss.  "Hellooo-ooo?  We're about to emerge from z-space, and I got your stupid Cocoa Puffs.  Except they're Australian.  Sorry.  See you in a few."

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Breekan1

« Reply #346 on: December 27, 2009, 02:42:52 PM »
"Excellent!" Breekan replies. "It'll be nice to get a drink in. And maybe another steak." He scratches his chin. "Reckon they ever did anything about all those demons that were running around?"

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #347 on: December 27, 2009, 03:03:58 PM »
"All right, Myitt, I'm still here," replies Corliss, sounding a bit annoyed or strained.  "Be careful."

Myitt smiles at the comm link.  "Something about that place just keeps on bringing us back," she replies to Breekan.  "I'll have to get these groceries to the base after dropping you off.  But maybe I can take another break.  My other brother won't really like it, but he works too hard.  He's the one who needs a drink."  She pauses, considering.  "I dunno about the demon situation, but I didn't see any on the way out.  So, maybe they did vanish."

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #348 on: December 27, 2009, 03:07:34 PM »
((wow, I keep forgetting about this thread. My bad.))

Ardiss shrugs, "I suppose what you have provided me will suffice. My qualm is not in what I have been given, but in what has been forced upon me. I never asked for your help, nor anyone else. It is not your duty to meddle in the affairs of others. A lesson I suppose you have yet to learn."

Ardiss sighs heavily and stands, shaking out her arms and legs, "I suppose I understand. This war must be played by your rules and yours alone. You hold the power in this situation, so I must comply. I never had to be happy about it, though."

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #349 on: December 27, 2009, 03:15:09 PM »
"Do you honestly believe you can get by without my help? Or anyone elses? do you have trustworty allies and connections? Even a former Visser like myself wouldn't get very far without help. I don't have to help you, but I want to. And why wouldn't it be my duty to help my people? What is my duty? Do you know? What am I supposed to do with myself, if not help my people get out of this war?"

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #350 on: December 27, 2009, 03:19:09 PM »
With a scowl, Ardiss jabs a finger at Temrash, "Now look here, maybe you feel better about yourself because you're supposedly helping me, but that isn't how it works. You want to help your fellow Yeerks? Fine, help the ones that bother asking for it. Besides, I don't believe for a second that you want to help your kind. You only want to force your own ideals on them. What if I had come into that bar and I hadn't been on the run from the Empire? What if I was still sitting nice and cozy and just stopped in for a bit of refreshment? I highly doubt you would have sought to 'help' me. In fact, I bet you would have done one of three things," Ardiss ticks the items off on her fingers as she rants, "One, you would have killed me and my host. Two, you would have starved me out and freed my host, or three, you would have done exactly what you did to me. Force me out of Kara and into some other host. The only person you're helping here is your own damned self."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #351 on: December 27, 2009, 03:27:59 PM »
"If I recall correctly, it was the others like Alic who demanded your separation from Kara. It was me who decided you'd be better off alive and not stuck in a pool where Myitt and Corliss were planning to keep you until you saw things their way. They're the ones who don't trust you to take three steps without knowing exactly what you're doing and where you're going. It's they who would rather you be hostless until you jumped through the right hoops for them. The only ideal I'm trying to get you to understand is that having an involuntary host should be avoided at all costs."

"They're the ones trying to turn you into one of them. I'm the one helping you start over.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #352 on: December 27, 2009, 09:20:25 PM »
"The Andalites, the rebels, they are wrong," Ardiss hisses, "and in not allowing me to return to my former host you only perpetrate their flawed ideals. What, are we supposed to go around the galaxy asking permission? How will our kind ever progress? How? In the billions of bodies available to us on earth, what minute fraction would become voluntary? Not enough! It would never be enough!"

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #353 on: December 27, 2009, 10:04:08 PM »
(Hunter & Parker be ready. Leaving z-space soon so pretty soon we'll be switching back to the regular GESB thread.)

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #354 on: December 27, 2009, 10:50:26 PM »
Mar grins at Ardiss' passionate comments, drifting towards the group. He is floating, but not very far off the ground. It's clear being stuck as a mortal at the Bar didn't exactly endear him to walking.

"I suppose that's true, isn't it? There are millions of you and only a fraction of that selfish number would choose to share time with you. But on the other hand, these billions of sentient beings are just that: sentient. I suppose it isn't a problem for people like you or me to take a kicking and screaming person under their wing, but it is for the rebels at the Bar. Make of that what you will. My promise still stands, whatever comes of your actions. You are certainly less recognizable in the new body."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #355 on: December 27, 2009, 11:01:33 PM »
Yes we should ask permission. It would do wonders for our society even if we had thousands of voluntary hosts as opposed to billions of involuntaries. Not to mention we wouldn't be at war with every race that knows of our existance. There are plenty of Humans brought into the Sharing that become voluntary. I dare say there would be plenty of voluntaries found only on this planet, much less across the galaxy, if we just do what we should have done."

"Besides, there is also bio engineering. If we had worked with the arn instead of against them...but it's too late for that, isn't it? I'm a grizzled war veteran, and I had everything to gain from this war, but I still realised it was wrong."

"Hey Mar. Are you staying a bit, or is your current form able to traverse quickly enough between planets now?"

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #356 on: December 28, 2009, 02:06:36 AM »
"I can jump rather easily between planets in my current state," says Mar rather plainly. "Why? Is there something you need me to do somewhere else? If you're just asking about whether I'm coming back to the Bar, well..."

Mar "paces" lightly about the room. "...I suppose it comes down to whether or not Myitt is leaving it. But on the other hand, one of my aspects seems to want to go back for some other reason. I don't get why I'd care at all about an Andalite prince. All I did was poke around inside his head."

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #357 on: December 30, 2009, 06:16:44 PM »
(Ok! Gaz and Fletcher are shifting back over to GESB. Just letting people know.  ;D)

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #358 on: December 30, 2009, 08:29:33 PM »
((ok gaz. i'll post for John when you post in the GESB thread))

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #359 on: December 30, 2009, 10:36:17 PM »
"Hold on tight, kids!" Myitt calls, as the ship drops back into real space near the bar. 

"Ugh, it always sends my guts into my toes," she grumbles, piloting the ship toward the lush planetoid moon.