Author Topic: Dome Ships and Blade Ships  (Read 811 times)

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
Dome Ships and Blade Ships
« on: February 05, 2011, 03:18:01 PM »
Ok, recently I posted about the Andalite military. Now I'm posting about Andalite Dome ships. How many do you think are in the fleet? Some have said 30-50, others have said 10-20. I think it's more than that. Remember, the Andalites probably have a population in the low millions or maybe even hundreds of millions. They once had huge cities. But, in VISSER, they talked about the new task force the Andalites put together (30 Dome ships) as sounding pretty impressive. So, I'm guessing there's 100 Dome ships in the fleet, altogether, not counting fighters and other support ships and transports.

So how many Yeerk craft would that be, then? It's been shown at many times that the Yeerks possess too little firepower to openly take on the Andalites. Yet, they ARE shown to possess hundreds of Bug fighters, at least several Blade ships and Pool ships due to information received in TAC and #18.

So... thoughts?

NateSean

Re: Dome Ships and Blade Ships
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 03:49:11 PM »
All right. I'm preempting my response ahead of time because I'd like to avoid anymore arguments with certain people. Well, all people in general, but hear me out. This is just a theory. This is not a fact and it is not in stone, so I would like it if people would take it as a theory and add their own theories without shooting mine down. Thank you.

Obviously there are going to be more smaller ships than there are larger ones. They're easier to build and they're in greater demand.

Bug fighters, like Andalite fighters, obviously give the advantage of being able to mislead your enemy. Sending one smaller ship, for example and then surprising your enemy with the larger one. They're also best for high risk scouting missions as the resource loss was minimal if the mission fails.

Blade ships seem to be given specifically to Vissers. Or it's possible that the Visser can design his own ship depending on how loved he is by the Council and what resources they'll let him use. So there could be forty-seven Blade ships, or there could be forty-seven unique ships to each Visser.

Then there's the Empire One Nova ship. But if Visser One was a demoted and on the lam at the time, I can only guess that hers was either stolen or it fits my theory that she had it made specifically for her when she became a Visser.

I'm sure the council members have their own ships as well. Though for the same reasons the Council of Thirteen exists, I imagine they each have thirteen identical ships with identical transponder signals.

Offline BennyBoy

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 06:41:03 PM »
Some interesting ideas.

I get the impression that each Dome Ship acts as one squadron or military unit. The smaller fighter ships are docked in the lower parts of the Dome ship while the Andalite soldiers live in it while not fighting. This is entirely supported by the fact that Elfangor is on the Dome Ship with Ax before the fight above Earth.

If that's the case it makes the most sense that each Dome Ship is one squadron, as I said. And I seem to remember someone using the figure of 100 Andalites to a Dome Ship... I believe it would be more but you also have to consider how many fighters could dock and how many fly separately to the Dome Ship. Thoughts?

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 11:18:04 PM »
id say a max of 15 pool ships because 17 thousand was on just one and their reported not to have that many in number. maby A personal blade shhip for the council of thirteen and the top 30 vissers probably are at least on one.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.