Animorphs Section > Animorphs Fan Fiction & Art

A-H war

(1/4) > >>

Shock:

The game stopped. “Why did u stop the game?” the dark one said, “Unless you want to leave” he taunted. “I wish to review your move, I can do that” said the other. A while later, the other being spoke up “you have succeed in having a war,” he said quietly “you have use the weakness in each species. The andalite’s pride and the human’s recklessness” the dark one boasted “yes, the humans develop weapon to defend themselves and the andalites fear that they will take they’re place in the universe”. The other being studied the lines; he saw that many will suffer in this war, and new heroes that will take the place of the fallen ones. He knew what he had to do. The game started back up and resumed...

Jack

I got off the bus, while the orderlies where still checking other people bag.damn, I thought, well I’m not in a hurry anyway. At that second, they found my bag. I was still waiting for a couple buds. I saw James and Kelly. “OVER HERE!!” I yelled at them. He was wearing the blue striped shirt that the freshman got on they’re way to Boot.
“Bout time you two showed up” I said. “We would be here sooner if the people handed our bags faster” said Kelly. I have known James and Kelly ever since we were six. James had a medium built figure that went well with his dark brown hair. He was taller than me, but not by much. Kelly, I was not in love with Kelly, she was fine but I didn’t care for sex (which would separate me from most of the male population) we are just friends. She had jade colored eyes, a short figure, and was about 5 feet tall. She had no hint of DNA modification like the other rich sobs here. “Ah, well, let’s see what’s on the map” I said.

The building where color-coded. Blue was the recreation areas, bar, ect. Red was heavy assault trooper training, black was the dorms, yellow was navy practice. White was first aid and research facilities, and violet was pilot training. There was a brown speck on the map and we figured it was SpecOps training. “Come on! We need to get a bunk! Unless you like sleeping on the ground.” I ran to the dorm. I’ll be damned if I get the floor I
thought.

Scientist

Up in the northern part of the base, next to the parking lot was the staff center. On the top floor, a scientist paced in circle, mumbling as he went and looking down on the trainees as they came from the bus. “This type of Bio-armor is extremely unstable; I should have never given it to the joint chiefs.
Then a man came with stars of a general through a set of doors. The science looked up and straighten at the moment he saw him “how the progress” he asked in a stern voice.
The scientist cleared his throat and spoke, “90 % complete, the bio-armor pasted the animal trials and we need to proceed to humans” he looked down at the trainees heading for they’re dorms. “I’m guessing those are the subjects” he gulped. The general kept a stern face. “Yes, those are the ones that will test the bio-armor” he said quietly. “Is there any side-effects?” “There are a few that can’t change back to they’re ordinal shape and a few that have gone AWOL, we have found that human trials have suppressed sexual drive, but other then that none” the general stared at the scientist with his cold brown eyes. “Then proceed when they are trained.” The scientist looked down and wondered if he just signed the death sentence of these youth…

Shock:
Chapter 2       

Axillie

My tail weaved back and fort from the ground. I was impatiently waiting on my instructor. The trial that I hope to do today was command-practice. It involved a state-of-the-art battle simulation, I stood outside two rooms, and each had a holographic project with a keyboard. The lobby that I had been waiting in had three entrances, the two that I have all ready talked about, and the elevator on the other end; the lobby was plain purple, many of which where in the domeship. O, sorry, forgot in to introduce my self,
My full name is Axillie-Avilla-Forger, Aristh of the andalite military, and Stationed on the domeship, Soors hope. Most of my stay here was quiet boring, we encountered only one or two human ships at a time, many of which where unskilled pilots. The Human-Andalite started over the human’s right to research weapons. At first, they just had hand-held dracon beam pistols, but then, it got grander, they started building orbital guns, warships, even started to make some break-troughs on the morphing tech. the andalites stopped giving them tech, but it was too late, when the human announced they had morphing tech, the andalite commanded them to destroy it, the refused and began the human-andalite war. The war has touched all of the known worlds, leaving none unscarred. As of now we are in a draw. The elevator open and my instructor walked in. normally, I would be terrified of a teacher, but this is command training, not tail blade sparring. His walk reminded of me of a minesweeper or the astronaut that has been in zero gees too long. A light blue gash went across the right side of his stomach to the start of the upper torso. He was a quiet fellow, not at all like the pilot or tail blade trainer.
But, when he spoke, it was in a voice that demands attention.
<Ah, Aristh Axillie, you will be my last student of the day. > He said. He noted my tail twitching impatiently, <judging on your body language, you are ready to begin>
<Yes, I would like to begin, which sim is it this time? > I answered, trying to sound patient. <New one, base on the war we are in right now. > He said, <they’re a few things you should know before we start> I started to listen as soon as he said that, the first time I was here, he devastated my forces with out losing a single fighter.
<There are projects that can be researched, you can design your own ships, and there are many more planet types> he said. I walked in to one of the rooms, booted the holo projector, and the game came up. I had to choose a side. Humans or Andalites most recruits chosen Andalites with out looking at all of the racial abilities. For example, humans have great repair ability, but lack the greater firepower of the andalites.

<Shall we begin? > He questioned.

<Let’s, you pick race. >

<Andalite> he answered.

<Agreed>

The game began

Groth
My name is Groth-Illire-Pliillen, High Commander of the andalite forces, but there are other things on my over tasked mind right now, as I looked over the report the second time, the humans have taken the Gruyar, Yivler, and Eplion, systems. I have sent a counter-strike force to stop the spread of them capturing more systems. The report I held contained four documents given to me by my adviser, the first one had the Grist agreement, the human’s rules of war I might say, they promise not to repent the yeerks, going to planet to planet enslaving as they go. The second one was the stats on they’re ships that we have encounter so far, the fighter, the carrier, the destroyer, and the battle ship. The third was the stats on they’re personal armament. I was surprised to learn that the humans have adapted to the morphing tech so quickly, they’re variation was called the bio-armor, also, based on the report, they where unable to create the advanced forum of the morphing tech that we andalites enjoy, instead they make they’re own versions of it that bonds to the subject. Also under personal armament was the battle-armor, a machine like version of the bio-armor, basic guns, and armor.

The fourth document was on Dlygon, a project that I have requested, it was 90% complete, only a test was need and I have picked my testing ground. My ship shook as
It exited Z-space. It was only about the size of an oversized fighter, constructed only for the purpose to carry me around. The electoral thinks that humans have infiltrated andlite command and have posted me on this ship until the end of the war. O how badly I want this war to end…

Sareen

I struck; my trainer blocked and followed the block with a WAP! Aside my head. <You can do better,>sneered my teacher. <We won’t leave until you at lest put a scratch on Me.> this was the fifth try I have tried to beat her. My stalk eyes focus on her tail, useless tactic, but it gave me some comfort. I tried to think of a hidden advantage that I had over looked, but found none. As if she read my mind, she said, < Don’t think how to strike me, just stop thinking> as I wonder what she meant by that, I saw movement out of my right stalk eye. Without thinking, I blocked, struck, and did a under cut to her front legs. As she fell, my mind was processing what just happen. She looked startled as she got up she noted the confuse look on my face. <So you do have some sprit in you, Aristh> she replied with an unimpressed voice. < You better hope did do leave you once we reach Eplion.> I was still in shock for what just happened. But I managed to walk away.

My name is Sareen, female Aristh of the andalite military. You have probably notice the female. Ever since the humans entered the war, they used both sexes to fight, (but the bulk of them are in the fleet, not on the ground). Since human use both sexes to fight, they double their number of troops. This was the main cause of the human’s conquest of outer worlds. This shocked the Electrode a bit, they where torn between tradition and modernization of this war. They choose the wiser choice. And here I am. Some of the males are spiteful of us females, but most don’t care. As I walked the long stretch of halls to my quarters, I spotted some fighters taking off from Combat Bay 1 for training, I guessed. I continued down the halls. Every once an in a while, I’ll past a window. It’s an old habit of mine to look out in to space while I walked. I continued until I reached my quarters. Then I just wanted to relax and forget about this war….

Shock:
chapter 3

Author’s input) just to get this straight, I’m going to be talking about the dragon’s mind net. I’m going to give you a head’s up what the dragon mind can be compared to. I can be compared to the zerg (a race in starcraft that is united by the “overmind” and it’s Lt.s “celebrates”. the overmind is the overlord of the zerg and it has its own mind. So do celebrates, but none of the other zerg has minds) I want to have each dragon to have its own mind that shares space with the human host. (I’m saying host not because the dragon is a parasite, but it needs the human to maintain it’s dragon from) but there is order in the mind. None can question to orders of the Preserver (the red dragon) the maintainer of the dragon net. Now that that’s straightened out, continue reading the andalite-human war. One more thing: think outside the box.

3 weeks later

Jack

The back of my skull still hurt from the implant they put in all of us. State-of-the-art but still hurt like hell. The implant allows us to use bio-armor, assault-armor, and space fighters, ECT. It also improves our reflexes by 90%. As fast as an andalite tail. We have been practicing using a Kei, a blade attached to the upper forearm. Now as a lay in the bed, my pager when off. It showed the room number and the teacher of the class. Staff sergeant Cortez, figures, that basterd would call us up on lunch. I thought. Cortez was head sergeant of the heavy assault troopers division of the camp. Then I looked at the room,
Strange, that’s the auditorium, what does the serge want us over there for? I picked my self up out of the bottom bunk and tie my shoes; the dorm was nothing but a building with beds and a heater in the upper corner. Each bed had a trunk on the end of it, for the soldier’s personal belongings. I headed out in the bright sunlight and made my way to the auditorium, the auditorium was about the same size of a school café. I made my way in a quickly found my sit. It is amazing how the army get all of the troopers crammed in here.

I looked at the stage, very plain looking all except for three things: one, the long table on the stage that was covered boxes that where covered in a white table cloth, with one sergeant for one box. Two, there was a portable room that looked like a jail cell, its walls were solid cement, It had one window and a solid steel door that had dents and long claw- like scars. Three, an oversized looking sledge hammer with a cattle prod head attached on both sides of it.

Cortez came up on stage with a dog whistle on a necklace on his neck. “As you all know, we have developed bio-armor to challenge the andilite morphing technology, we have come a long way, today you will *voluntary* test out the Dragon type bio-armor”
Some of the students had a confused expression on their faces. “The bio-armor has its advantages and disadvantages. You can stay in the bio-armor as long as want, never having to change back.” Excited faces turned to him. “However, you can get the form that the bio-armor has given you, also, the bio-armor bonds to you, and only you. Also, the bio-armor is hooked up to your neural implant, the implant can withstand an EMP blast, waterproof, and can withstand what ever the andalites decide to throw at you, where it be rocks and sticks, or a fully loaded domeship.” The smiles that the recruits had where quickly turned upside down. Did I also say that the sergeants just loved to pick me all the time? I quietly walked down to the stage, everyone was quiet. None said a word. Then, all of the soldiers, at once, uncovered the white tablecloth. In all of the glass boxes, there was a pile of red, thick, goop in each. I turned around to Cortez and said, “How in the hell is a pile of goo going to help us win this war?” he smiled one of his cold smiles, “put your hand in it.” He said. I turned and look at the rest of the outfit. They were holding they’re breath. I walked to a box and the serge opened the lid. I put my finger on the top of the goop. There was an instance reaction; the thing pulled it’s self up my finger, then, into my hand, my body parts when numb when the thing touched it. The thing when up my arm and on my chest, I barely had time to say “what the ” then the thing covered my mouth. Before it covered my eyes, I saw my arm, thick with muscles, my fingers became claws, and my skin turned a pebbly red. Then, felt something, on the back on my skull. I heard an audio click then, saw the world around me in a different perspective. I saw the outfit, many of them had a face of disgust, and while many more with the sight of shock in they’re eyes. The scientist said something but I didn’t care
I looked at my self, my arms where muscular, but also had the red color the goo had.
My eyes caught some light reflecting of a mirror I didn’t see before because of the angle of the cloth on the stage. I looked at my self in disbelief, on my back where to wings, but instead of feathers, they were of skin. My eyes where cat-like, and I had a bulky tail, I found a dragon looking back from the mirror. Then I felt the dragon mind, this bio-armor had intelligence, a personally even, a female personally… It scanned the language part of my brain and copied my vocabulary. <So, you’re the lucky recipient> she said though my mind. I was still in shock. A few moments past and Cortez move into the room. <Um…hello, what is your name? > I felt confusion coming from her. <I have no name> she replied. <Can I choose a name> she questioned. <Sure, that’s fine with me> I said not really caring what name this creature picked. I felt her dig though my mind for a name. It was another few seconds before she picked on. <I choose Tiamat. > She said at last. Tiamat, where have I heard that name before…o ya, I did a report on Middle Eastern mythology. Tiamat was the dragon-god of the Babylonians, interesting that she would choose that name. Before I could reply a sound entered my ears. The sound came though my ear that was never heard before. The sound might have come from the depths of hell; it consumed all intelligent thoughts in my head. I charged the source of the sound; it was Cortez inside the room in the corner, I rammed the door and slammed at it, the other sergeants didn’t move a finger, but I didn’t ponder this, all I cared for is stopping that noise. Cortez opened the door and a hammer came upon my dragon head. Then, the world when black.

Shock:
<WAKE UP! > Tiamat’s voice echoed though out my mind. I opened my eyes. I found my self still on the stage floor, thinking it was a dream, till I heard Cortez say, “we have put in inhibiters in the bio-armor that make the bio-armor sensitive to supersonic sounds, but they will be removed on your graduation.” He said, “We can’t have our trainees killing our teachers now, can we?” true, but why did you blow that f*ck ing thing so loud? I thought. <To get you to attack him is my guess> said Tiamat thoughtfully <why did you ask? > She questioned. By this time, I figured out of to communicate with her. <First, I didn’t mean for you to hear that, second, that question was rhetorical>I replied. <Ah> she answered. “It also has advance healing, but don’t think for a second that bullets or dracon can’t kill you, the bio-armor is tough but not invincible” <true, but we can take quite a beating, and our healing time is 60 times faster then a human’s> Tiamat pointed out. I got up from the stage floor, a little wobbly, (when you live most of your life on two legs, it’s kind of hard to use four) when I felt something bump my skull, I hoped that Tiamat wasn’t rewiring anything important, wait, scratch that, I hope that she isn’t rewiring anything at all! The scientist spoke up once more, “there is also some basic instincts of the bio-armor that we have added,” I’m starting to hate this guy. “We have worked out most of them out of the armor, but some remain, they are the basic instincts of any animal, the first one: the desire to leave the troops to live in isolated areas.” Uh...hu… Tiamat picked up on my wonder and spoke up <if they have the Reacor organ removed > she said. Now I’m worried <where is this Reacor organ located and what does it do? > I said with a bit of fear. <The Reacor organ is located in your head, and its use is unknown at this time. > Now I’m pissed. <WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY YOU DON’T KNOW! !> I roared. < I DON”T KNOW! > She rebuked me. I signed. This was getting me know where. “The second: the desire to breed, we still need time to find theses instincts but in the mean while, you will train until we find it, any questions about the bio-armor?”
A few hands went up. “Yes, you, in the front row” the trainee stood up. “Is there any way for us to communicate in the bio-armor?” The scientist pushed up his glass a bit higher on his nose. “Yes, we have built in a thought speck communicator in to the bio-armor; you only need to think of the person to speck to them.” He glanced at me, like I knew what to do? I did what he said, <My ing head still hurts> I said or thought. There was one more hand up “is there anyway the bio-armor can ‘demorph’” I was wondering the same thing. “Yes, it the same as the andalite morphing technology, you simply think of your self to change back” “also a few more things about the bio-armor, unlike the andalite morphing tech, u get to keep more then skin-tights, but don’t expect to wear a full suit of armor with this, and unlike the andalite counter-part, you have some control of the change.” That’s all I needed to hear, I started to change, the bio-armor seemed to melt and disappear in to my skin. I was overjoyed to learn the scientist words where true. Then, the serge added his bit “unfortunately, Jack is the only one to have the bio-armor for a while, the rest of you get the bio-armor at the end of advance arms training,” most of them signed, the advance arms training was the last part of the heavy assault trooper’s training. “Now, head to the dorms and get some god damn sleep!” they agree with out saying a word. “Jack, come here” Ok, it’s 11’o clock at night and the rest of the trooper are getting some sleep, what the hell does he want with me I thought. < Don’t know> Tiamat said, scaring the hell out of me. <Your suppose to be gone with the bio-armor! > I exclaimed. <The scientist for got to tell you that the bio-armor doesn’t disappear into Z-space. > She reasoned, <it remains in your body until you die>. Great, I’ll have a voice other then mine in my head for the rest of my life. <I’m not THAT annoying> she said, reading my thought. < lus, I’ll be sleep most of the time> o great, I’ll have a dragon snoring in my head. She remained quite as I approached Cortez. “Yes sir?” I asked him, “You wanted me?” his cold eyes scanned me and he spoke. “You know, you can practice getting used to your bio-armor in Rec time, if you want to try combat exercises, meet me by the pilot pad” I was tired “ok, I’ll think about it” then I head off to bed for some much needed sleep. There better no be any midnight runs tonight, was my last thought as a hit the bunk asleep.

Shock:
James

“The objective of the SpecOps is to use his environment to his advantage, when one of your senses becomes disabled, turn to the others.” This was the 6th week in SpecOps training, and we have yet to fire even a pistol. The room that we where in was about the size of a high school gym and with the same lighting too, but it had one difference, it was that place was covered with mats, even on the walls. Our Japanese instructor was getting on my nerves for the most part. At the beginning of “class” she asks us to attack her. I didn’t strike him, but some kid did, he tried to tackle him, football style. The kid bent his back down as if to grab his feet when he got close. The instructor jumped over him, seized his wrist and twisted in an unnatural direction. The guy fell, hard, and howled in agony. We still heard his cries when the medics took him away. The instructor on the other hand, walked out of the way of the medics and turned to us when the cries when away. “Now, you are SpecOps, the best in the UNSC, and I am you martial-arts combat teacher.” She looked studied each of us with his intense glare. “And as far as I can see, you are the most pathetic bunch on this side of the world” her words hit hard as I could see from the faces on the crowd. “You really expect to kill can andalite by tackling it? They will slice you into bit so small, you all could find in the same shoebox.” She glared at us. “Tell me the first part of the SpecOps creed.” She demanded. We stood straight and proceed to say it as one voice. “We are SpecOps, best in the UNSC. We will strike with vengeance, for all to see. We will not stop coming, for that war has just begun. We are the predators in the valley of prey. We are SpecOps, and this is our glory day.” The echoes repeated what we said. Our teacher looked indifferent. “Ok, we will start your training with the Kei blades” two of the staff came into the gym with a rack of Kei.
“Once attached, the Kei will bind it’s self to your forearm.” The staff assisted us with them and to make sure they where on correctly. “It will use your nerves to know when to release and retract” she rolled up her long sleeves and with one quick motion, drew it out. “The Kei shoots out of its case at .024 seconds.” She paused to scanned us with her eyes to see that we all ours on, then continued. “Not many andalites see a Kei up close and live to tell about it but then again, they’re not supposed to see you at all.” She said. She nodded to one of the staff and he cut the lights. “Today, you’re going to be facing a hologram of an adult andalite” we hear the familiar sound of a mobile holo projector coming from the ceiling. Its tiny spotlight was aimed at the ground and spread out over an area about 4 ft.
“James, you start the show,” she said from the darkness. The moment I stepped in to the light, an adult andalite appeared. His tail blade held combat ready. He galloped towards me, but I was prepared for him. I ran towards him also, he was almost a pawn me when I ducked to avoid the jagged blade of his tail and I slid under him. He tied to locate me but failed. I was under the tail when I lased out and cut it off. There was silence for the holo project cannot make the sounds. But it does visuals well enough. The image bucked in pain and I retrieved the blade from the ground. I rolled out from under him and stood up. Then, I saw fear in his eyes and I hesitated. “FINSH IT!” roar my trainer from beyond the darkness. I took the tail blade in my hand and ran towards him. He raised his arms to defend himself but andalite arms are not as strong as human’s. I jumped up and gutted him. There was no blood, no guts inside him, just a hollow skin that the projector emitted.
He and the blade in my hands vanished when he hit the floor. “Lights on” said the teacher. And the lights came on with a flash. “Congratulations, James, you have proven your self worthy of the SpecOps name” She replied when she saw me. “You are dismissed” she turned to others. “You however, are not dismissed. We will repeat this exercise until each of you has a chance to prove your worth!” she said. I walked back to the dorms. The longest day in my life was over. Time to go to sleep…

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version