Author Topic: The Star  (Read 1364 times)

Offline Josh (J)

• The Dude
  • God
  • Back from the dead.
    • Josh the Normal
The Star
« on: February 12, 2011, 04:31:04 PM »
This is a story that I wrote for a Christmas paegant--I didn't think it was good 'cause I wrote it in three days, but I ended up at 3rd place. :D

I had been there since one of the first days that God created the world. As he made the sun, and moon, and all of my fellow comrades, I was there. When God poured out all the rain and washed away the whole earth except for Noah and his family, I was there. When Jonah was swallowed by the great fish and stayed there for those days, I was there. And I was there for thousands of years, watching history unfold.
But what you are about to hear is the most extraordinary event yet. One day, after my being in existence for so long I did not know, my Creator came to touch me. He touched me with his hand so gently, and then I began to blaze brighter. So bright that all the stars paled in comparison to mine. All the people on earth stared at me. I was so bright that even I couldn’t believe what had happened to me.
But why? Why did God do this? I was yet to find out, as I embarked on an exciting adventure, all part of God’s plan.

Bright and shining in the day it shone,
A special one, certainly one of God’s own;
Day in and out, night in, night out
It never moved. There could be no doubt
That something wonderful would take place—
None dared to argue on this case
As they watched that supreme above par
Marvelous creation they called the Star.

It shone on the stable, that precious day,
That God sent His Son to Earth so that He may
Redeem the world from its forlorn state
And dramatically change its entire fate
When he died on the cross for me and you;
And every single person that ever lived, too.
So for all of this the Star was there
Silently watching, hanging in the air.

One thing that you must know about me is that my view is unlike a human’s gaze. I could see in all directions at all times, and everything would appear far and near at the same time. It truly is hard to explain. But what first happened was what I will tell you next.
God blew me with His breath so softly, yet so quickly that I blazed hundreds of miles to my new location. I was hovering over a small stable of sorts, filled with smelly animals and molding hay. It was located next to another small house, only with a few rooms. It was like an inn, and I could easily see that by the number of donkeys packed inside the stable, it was full.
I was shining right above the stable, at what seemed to me the very center. Many days passed, and what special thing happened was that even in the day, my light did not fade. I shone constantly, every single hour of the day. All the world marveled at the light I sent forth.
I still did not know the purpose of my moving in the skies, but God would let me know if it was His will, I presumed. Then, a few days later, a young couple came to the town, namely to that inn. The innkeeper came out and greeted them. It seemed as though they were in need of a place to stay.
The innkeeper shook his head, and the man looked worried. The woman was obviously near her time—her time to give birth, that is. The innkeeper shook his head, and then started to leave.
However, the man pleaded with him. The innkeeper shrugged, then pointed towards the stable. They were to stay in the stable? But it was a filthy mess! Somehow, I knew that there was something special about this couple.
Inside there, the man tried to push aside some of the hay and then spread the rough cloth on the ground for his wife. My view let me see as though there was nothing obscuring it. His wife looked pale; he looked worried. After pouring some water for the lathering donkey, he ran back to the inn.
A few minutes later, he and another lady came out. She motioned him back to the inn, and then she entered. Hours passed, with not much going on. But soon, I could tell that the time had come. Before long, a new Baby had entered the world. And in the darkness of the night, my light shone down on the stable. The man returned to his wife, and together they watched their Child. But who was He?
Just out of town, about twelve furlongs away, a group of shepherds were watching their flocks. Their dogs were alert, watching the slumbering flock. Suddenly, the fire gave a loud crackle, and then went out.
The shepherds got up, at alert. The dogs began to snarl. But suddenly, from above me, a strange thing happened. There was a whoosh sort of sound, and then the sky became so bright! A huge and shining being appeared out of nowhere and began to talk to the shepherds.
He calmed them down, and then told them that the Christ, the Messiah, had been born in the town. He was their Savior! Many more angels suddenly appeared, making the whole area as bright as day, proclaiming that all glory belonged to God, who would give peace to men. Then they were gone.
The shepherds immediately went to the village, and when they arrived at the stable, they made obeisance to the Baby. Not His mother, or even the mother’s husband. Just him. And then they left.

Not long after, some kings saw it
And knew it would lead them bit by bit,
To their destination: the Holy Baby
For they would travel just to see
Him who they had been searching for
Knowing not whether He would be rich or poor.
But after years of searching, they found the Child
Precious, God-sent, meek, and mild.

A few weeks later, my position seemed to have moved to somewhere in the far East. It was at an astronomical school, and some of the teachers seemed to be fascinated at me. They studied me for several days. One day, the four of them packed several provisions on their camels and left, following me, presumably.
As long as they followed me, I moved along, not by my own will. God’s breath kept me moving, moving, moving. After they were taken away on the wrong path and went towards one of the largest cities in Israel. They met with the king, who was literally radiating evil.
They finally reached their destination, the place I had once again gone over to shine—the place where the Child was. He was now two years old, and much different. When the four kings arrived there, they also showed respect to him, and then gave him three gifts—gold, myrrh, and frankincense, all rare gifts for the time.
I knew that this was no ordinary Child. What Child would get this sort of a reaction from other people? Truly, he had to be the Son of God. And my job had been to lead these people to him. I had pointed people towards the Messiah, the Savior! I had played a role in helping people to see the truth. And throughout the many years that passed, even after He was killed and then vanquished death by rising from the dead, I watched from above, once again an ordinary star. But I had done my part. And for that I was content.

And after all this the Star’s job was done
For he had shown others to God’s own Son.

NateSean

Re: The Star
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 08:31:34 AM »
This is beautifully written. And I like the idea of the one star in the universe chosen to watch over the Nativity and the Crucifixion.

Offline shaneblackwell

Re: The Star
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 02:31:38 AM »
You have written great. I like it. Thanks for sharing. Keep updating Such interesting things.