Author Topic: Cow morph?  (Read 3584 times)

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
Re: Cow morph?
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2009, 09:51:58 PM »
So when I point out you might be wrong I'm stupid and when I concede you're probably right I'm apparently copying everything you say? There's just no pleasing some people...

If you think this forum is strict then either you haven't explored it much or this is the only forum you have ever visited. Going off topic happens and we don't make a big deal about it unless it's being done deliberately on multiple occasions by the same people. I was trying to get you to stay on topic in order to avoid a pointless argument, but I guess you're just trying to pick a fight or something.

Since you seem to think I'm some kind of diabolical dictator, I'm not going to tell you to do anything, but I would suggest that you continue this discussion somewhere more appropriate. If you have a problem then you're welcome to message us about it, or simply find a forum that's less "strict" than this one.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline anijen21

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2009, 10:00:33 PM »
all right I'm beginning to understand what happened.

I didn't mean to call you stupid. I meant to call the discrepancy stupid. I was kind of wondering why you took that comment of mine so personally, I was actually being semi-serious at that point. Ax COULD have gotten a lobotomy on the homeworld--heck, he got half of one in book 29. And Ax COULD have hit his head sometime, on the homeworld, or on the Dome Ship, or even running around in the forest off-camera at some point. My point was, yeah, he could have forgotten, but making up excuses for discrepancies in canon is just redundant, you know? Anyone can make up any reason they want why Klingons look so different in TNG than TOS, but the fact of the matter is it's a continuity error, and any fanwank is just that without textual evidence. So I wasn't saying you were stupid for making up those possible explanations, I was saying canon made a mistake and it's pointless to make up possible explanations because then ANYTHING could be the reason.

That was my point.

So I got a little defensive about you taking my comment personally when I didn't really see the reason why (now I do), but yeah this repeating thing has been bothering me for a while. And yeah, this isn't the place to talk about it, so I'll drop it for now.
I go off topic on purpose.

Offline Shark Akhrrana

• OOOH FISH
    • Chronicles of Hyrule
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2009, 11:15:18 PM »
<_< or maybe he saw more than MTV
happy cows come from California?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGwbK4xbiTk[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtzzuLoupV8&feature=related[/youtube]

===============================================

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2009, 07:11:25 PM »
Now if we can get back to the topic, while I'll admit that it's possible Ax simply didn't recall that humans were the dominant species of Earth, it's far more likely that it was a minor mistake in continuity or that it was done intentionally for comedic value.
um... pointless, but that isn't the original topic...

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2009, 07:58:16 AM »
It was related to the topic though. And yes it was pointless, lol.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!