Author Topic: A new team yay nor nay  (Read 2088 times)

Offline wolfev

A new team yay nor nay
« on: October 24, 2008, 09:43:15 PM »
Honestly, I want to know if there ever will be one more voyage into K.A.s universe. I know K.A. finished the series, but writers start up again. I'm sorry but animorphs is just too awesome. I know Warriors changed the protagonist a couple times. Couldn't the same be said about animorphs? Actually that is a good question though? New Team, new characters, forget how it happens, would you like to see a new group of animorphs? Furthermore instead of an andalite imagine the alien on the team being a Hork Bajir, or Yeerk? Cause I think I would be cool with a new group of animorphs, as long as they aren't clones of the old team. I want to see new characters doing new things. I'm not opposed to anti-characters though. Like having a character who is the exact opposite of Marco or something. I just don't want to see match ups to the original team.
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
Re: A new team yay nor nay
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 10:09:01 PM »
Wolfev, man, it en't gonna' happen. The glory days are over. Reminisce, but don't try to resurrect long-dead ghosts. I don't see how a new team could even approach the greatness of the original, anyway.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline wolfev

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 10:22:07 PM »
I would agree with you but I don't want to pass up on this cliche so...
<...hope>
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
  • Train of thought, like broken pencil, has no point
    • My tumblr
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 10:29:35 PM »
You could always try to write a fanfic of it. I like the idea of a Yeerk being part of the team, maybe a Controller from the peace movement.
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

Currently Reading: Winterwode, by J Tullos Hennig
Currently Writing: Demon's Bane
Currently Editing: Elder's Requiem

Offline Liz

• Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 12:08:36 AM »
Wolfev, man, it en't gonna' happen. The glory days are over. Reminisce, but don't try to resurrect long-dead ghosts. I don't see how a new team could even approach the greatness of the original, anyway.

Totally agree.  All good things must come to an end.  Etc etc.

It would be so weird to have a new team.  The only way I would even like it at all is if it was comprised of characters from the old series, but there aren't many choices there...

Offline wolfev

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 12:13:59 AM »
The chee are still around, and Toby deserved more.

Offline ~

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Something slow an bittersweet
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 12:48:21 AM »
It could be done, all you need to have is drive to write.

Oh, and licensing rights

Offline wolfev

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 12:52:02 AM »
It would be cool if K.A. actually came and gave the rights to her loyal fanbase. You know, as long as you send her stuff and she approves it, then it counts sorta.

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 04:58:33 AM »
Agree with Estelore.

What would be the point of starting it up again with a different group?

And no offence, but hasn't that been in aloooooooot of fanfics?
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline wolfev

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 11:40:34 AM »
Well, I really don't read fan fiction that much. I was working on the graphic novel project, what ever happened to that?

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 02:57:44 PM »
It is 'hibernating'.

In other words, unless somebody takes immediate interest in it and gets it going for real, it'll probably never happen.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline musicman88

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2008, 11:30:11 AM »
It would be cool if K.A. actually came and gave the rights to her loyal fanbase. You know, as long as you send her stuff and she approves it, then it counts sorta.

I'm no expert on the subject, but I would guess that she doesn't have a lot, if any, rights to the Animorphs.  They probably all belong to Scholastic.  You really have to sell your soul to get a book published.
YOU'RE WINNER !

esplin

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2008, 11:35:59 AM »

amen.

Offline Bladeh Mercury

• Xtreme Member
  • Beware of my love of cats!
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2008, 05:56:19 PM »
yeah, in warriors, the main kitties from the first couldn't exactly be the main kitties of the second. that would mean having them in camp all day long, the forest being destroyed while other kitties that are gone save them.
but, for animorphs, that's not going to happen. even in warriors has the interest gone down because of boring ideas or the same ideas used in previous books. Just can't do that to animorphs, nothing could be better than the original.

Offline wolfev

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2008, 09:58:49 PM »
To go off topic a little. Bluestar is getting her own book this year or something. Also, check out Warriors: The Radio Drama at http://warriors-radiodrama.cjb.net Its inspired by animorphs: the radio drama uncensored.