Author Topic: ANIMORPHS MOVIE POSTER  (Read 10689 times)

Offline Azguard

• God
Re: ANIMORPHS MOVIE POSTER
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2009, 10:26:12 PM »
oooOOooo i like it cuz it looks moody!

and i can't help but imagine that dude everytime i look at the andalite. haha
RAFcrushin on Tyler. Come on, isn't everyone?

esplin

« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2009, 10:45:13 AM »
The tiger still looks like a lioness though.  :-\

I guess its hard to tell when its a silhouette.

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2009, 12:01:49 PM »
Um, not really. The lioness has a much thinner face. Tigers' faces are more round, fuller.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

esplin

« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2009, 01:41:25 PM »
Then whats the problem? I dont see a lioness I only see a tiger?

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2009, 01:47:47 PM »
I see a lioness. Like I said, the lioness has a thinner face, and the cat on the poster has a very thin face. IMO

Offline Zues770

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2009, 02:02:51 PM »
1) Where'd you find this
2)Wishing it's real, but doubting
3) If it is, I'm already pissed; let everyone be in the standard morph in a the morph assemble image for once (Rachel-grizzly) ::)

I don't know if this has been said yet. But RTYK Rachel's first battle morph was an elephant. Grizzly didn't become one until book 7, so if it was a movie about the first book it would make sense that the elephant were used.

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2009, 02:35:47 PM »
lol nice poster. didnt fool me though. like someone else said it had a deviantarty feel to it, not like a profesional movie poster. i still have hope for an animorphs revival though. i mean if they're doing a wild things movie than animorphs cant be too far away

OK now I'm starting to get offended. First off, that poster was A TON of work! I started off with this Image:

for the background and I had to do A TON of adjustments to get it to look like it does in the poster.
I followed a tutorial found here: http://psd.tutsplus.com/tutorials/designing-tutorials/create-an-intense-movie-poster-in-photoshop/ (and as you can see, creating the forest is a 42 step process on its own. Lets see YOU make that in photoshop. I almost gave up halfway).
Please, I did all this work, and people say its an amateur-looking job? Gee thanks guys. And just to be clear: I'm not trying to say I'm a professional or anything, I just like to take pride in my work.

Now, someone asked how I made the Andalite.
1: I took a picture of a horse, and erased the head and tail.
2: I took a picture of a guy without a shirt on, and got rid of all but his torso and arms and head (this guy to be exact:  )

3: then I took the stalk eyes and ears from one of the Animorphs books, and the tail from the Andalite Chronicles cover.

Oh and, for a Professional comparison, (I know blue just posted some) look at this poster:

I could easily make this in Photoshop (I can do so if you want proof). All the skills I learned while making my poster could help me make this one.
I really don't get how you people separate professional work from average work here... if that poster was average work, what's professional work look like?

And thank you morfowt! (i'm assuming that was intended as a compliment lol)

LOL im sorry Adam, I didnt mean to insult your skills. everybody knows you're RAF's best photoshopper. It just didnt give off a "Real movie Poster" vibe to me. that's just my opinion though
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline adamjared

• RAF Ancient
  • Gold Donor
  • .: One of the few remaining RAF Elders :.
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2009, 03:34:30 PM »
In reference to the tiger/lioness thing, if you actually save the picture and look at it at it's full resolution, look at the tiger's skin behind it's head. It's very faint, but there are stripes. Lioness's don't usually have stripes.

Offline Jellica

« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2009, 03:47:49 PM »
I think both of the movie posters look great. Now if only a movie was really coming out...

As to the tiger vs. lioness thing, I'm guessing the type of tiger used in the poster was a bengal. They generally have a slimmer face and body than Siberians, which is the kind of tiger Jake had as his battle morph. Just a thought though  :P

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2009, 03:57:53 PM »
I'm just saying it looked like a lioness. I'm not saying it was a ****ty job. It was an amazing job. The effects were insane.

I only stated that the thing that gave it away for me is that the tiger looked like a lioness. If it really is a tiger, than I sit corrected; but I thought it was a lioness, thus I deduced that it was a fake.

Adam, you did an awesome job.

Offline adamjared

• RAF Ancient
  • Gold Donor
  • .: One of the few remaining RAF Elders :.
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2009, 06:42:41 PM »
Here's the Pic i used for the tiger (though I flipped it horizontally in the poster):

I think its the whiskers that I forgot to re-add that messed up the look, i dunno. And yes, it is a bengal. whoops! Siberians don't like standing sideways apparently. lol

I was wondering: should we play a prank on the AFF (if you think this is a convincing enough image)? I could make a new account on there, and make a topic about me getting this from Michael Grant or that I work for paramount or dreamworks or whatever.

lol jk, that would be mean! (but hey, they sent trollers here a while ago, so maybe this could be revenge? haha)

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2009, 06:46:14 PM »
Ah it was the angle of the head that threw me off. Damn geometry, you win again.

RAF and AFF can become like the Alpha-Betas and the Tri-Lambdas in Revenge of the Nerds. They prank us, we prank them.

Offline Coal Kropotkin

• The anarchist formerly known as Prince
  • Gold Donor
  • Howdy!
    • Mastodon
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2009, 07:05:04 PM »
Updated image (lets see if this is less "deviantart-like"):

Okay, not that might have fooled me!
That one is REALLY great work, Adam.
The first one, IMHO, didn't look real because it had a "2D" feel to it. Too... Flat.

Now, apart from that, I feel I must say this:

TOTAL. ASS. MOVE!!!! Dude, so, so, so wrong! SO WRONG! :P
Okay, now that I'm done, +1!! :P

RAFEngaged to Ash! <3
Kat's Awesome!

Updated phone: 423 401 8527

RAFJOP at your service!

esplin

« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2009, 07:31:52 PM »
AFF never sent trollers here the people who said they were from there trolled both forums.  I have an account there but i never go on, its not a bad place, its actually more animorphs based then we are... Not nearly as fun though

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2009, 07:51:28 PM »
AFF never sent trollers here the people who said they were from there trolled both forums.  I have an account there but i never go on, its not a bad place, its actually more animorphs based then we are... Not nearly as fun though

yeah i'd advise against starting something with AFF.