Author Topic: AAR  (Read 1558 times)

Offline V2113

• Recently Returned Raffian, RRR
AAR
« on: October 08, 2008, 08:40:46 PM »
This is something I've been writing for a couple weeks. I'm not sure what to do with it exactly and I have about six chapters writen out so far. I thought someone might find it interesting.

Chapter 1
At The Mall

My name is Titania or Tia for short. I can't tell you my last name. Not because I want to be cool or mysterious, but because me and my friends want to stay alive. You see, earth has many mysteries. One of them, is people knowing things before they are going to happen. Some people believe this to be great ideas for books. K.A. Applegate is one of those people. Do you honestly think that the Animorphs is only an idea that came to her and her husband one summer night next to a dumpster? The Animorphs was a prediction of the future. It was true. Completely true. I am an Anifan myself. And good thing too, or else I would have no idea what was going on that fateful night...

I am living proof that the Animorphs are real. I don't look it though. People tell me I'm very pretty. I guess that's true. I have straight light brown hair down to my waist, blue eyes that sometimes look green depending on the light, I'm pretty tall for my age. I have a medium sized nose and big eyes. My mom tells me I have a model's build. I take dance class so I'm very graceful but I can also be as funky as the hippist hip-hopper. I am not good at gymnastics. No, not good is the understatement of the century. I couldn't do a handstand if my life depended on it.

It all began one day when me, my best friend Sky, and her twin Zoey were at the mall. There was a huge sale at the Gap and I wasn't going to miss it for the world. Sky on the other hand has no sense of fashion, but it was either this or a five hour ride to a beach that was five states away.

Sky is short and skinny with straight black hair down to her shoulders, shocking green eyes, and slightly rosy cheeks. She is very pale despite the fact that she spends all of her time outdoors and she is strong, she doesn't look it but she is very, very strong. Zoey is pretty much the same except that she has a tan but no rosy cheeks and is about my height. Their dad is a veterinarian and their mom owns a zoo. A big zoo with huge cages so that half of the animals don't even know that they're out of their habitat. They are hoping to raise enough money to send Maya and Danny, their Bengal Tigers that they have been raising since birth, back to India. They have a little sister, May.

I don't think Sky would choose to wear a pretty outfit if her life depended on it. That girl just doesn't understand the concept of jeans fitting and socks matching. I was trying to get her to let me buy her an outfit that actually looked good and fit. She has a 'secret' crush on my cousin Mark. Zoey is really good with fashion, she is the one who convinced Sky to come with us.

When I had finally gotten tired out by Sky's complete and utter outfitphobia we bumped into Mark. He was with his friend Dan and my friend Andrew.

Mark is pretty tall, he has short dark brown hair that always looks like it was cut by a professional. He's really well built and a natural born leader, like me. He's also a really nice guy, but sometimes he treats me like a girl. I hate that. He likes Sky, too. I'm sure of it. He has an older brother named Ryan and a little sister, Kaylee.

Dan is of medium height, medium build, and maximum annoyance. That kid knows how to get on my nerves better than a bird knows how to fly. Better than girls know to scream when they see the Jonas Brothers. He's pretty smart. He knows every answer in school but when he answers the question it is always a joke. Always. He has medium brown hair that goes all the way down to his shoulders. He's actually pretty cute but he's so not my type. His mom died a year ago when the store she worked at burned down. She was the only one who died. They never found any bones but there was no way she could've escaped. She was probably cremated alive. I think he might have a crush on Zoey. Her or my friend Lynn.

Andrew is kind of tall, too. He has short jet black hair that is always messy, but in a cool way. He is really into the Animorphs series, like me. He sits next to me in school. I kind of like him. As in like. I think he likes me back. At least I hope he does.  He has a kind of messed up life, like Tobias in the Animorphs. Exactly like Tobias, only I stand up for him frequently. Bullies who bother him get to have a date with my knuckles, my very, very, very sharp knuckles. His mom disappeared five years ago, his dad disappeared a few months before he was born. He's been raised by his aunt and uncle, who hate each other.

"Hey, Tee, Zo, Sky." Mark looked at Sky longer than he looked at me, noticeably longer. Boys are pathetic.

"Hey, Mark, Dan. Hi Andy." I guess me and Andy gazed at each other a little longer than we should of because the others started looking at us suspiciously. Me and Andy quickly looked away and began blushing.

"You going home? Maybe we should come with you, I mean it's getting dark and you shouldn't cut through the D.Z. alone, I mean being girls and -."

"EXUSE ME!?!" Zoey and I shouted in union. Did I mention that Zoey is extremely tough.

"Uh, oh. Mark's in trouble," Dan whispered loudly. We were outside and I was free to use my outdoor voice, and believe me, I was going to use my outdoor voice.

"For once in your life Dan, you are quite correct!" Mark whimpered softly at the harshness of my voice.

"Tia, Zoey, quit being jerks," Sky said.

Zoey ignored her and grabbed Mark by the collar of his shirt. "Mark, were you just suggesting that girls are frail and frighten easily? Well, I guess you're about to find out just how mean and not frail girls can be!" I swear I would've burst out laughing at the sight of Mark, a strong good looking boy, whimpering and peeing his pants because Zoey, a short, petite, pretty young girl was yelling at him. If only he knew that he was going to have something worth crying about happen to him in a matter of minutes. And then, you know what I did. I actually did laugh. Zoey joined me as she let go of him. She laughed for a full five minutes until Mark was looking angrily at us. Hey, it might've been rude and mean but it was funny. In fact Dan was giggling behind him.

When, I finally stopped laughing I started to blush, "Sorry. You know that I hate it when you make it seem as if all girls are weaklings." Sky shot me a dirty look.

"Me, too," Zoey added.
     "You know you guys, you could actually try being nice to the guys. I mean, come on, Mark was just being nice."

Sky did make sense. Unfortunately.

I guess you're wondering what the D.Z. is. The D.Z. is this big mansion with a big backyard that's completely surrounded by trees. The owner mysteriously died three months after it was built. No one bought the property again, yet. D.Z. stands for Danger Zone. A place where kids go simply because their parents tell them not to. I cut through there almost everyday on my way back and forth from my house to the mall.

As we walked I realized just how much we were like the Animorphs. Sky is almost exactly like Cassie, Mark is more like Rachel, Zoey is almost exactly Rachel, I'm more like Jake, Dan is like Marco, and Andrew is just like Tobias. I wonder what he would've done if he were in Tobias' place. Would he have even considered doing what Tobias did. I doubt it but still...

I looked over at Andy. He was looking at the sky. Star gazing. He had a weird expression on his face. I followed his gaze, I saw something that couldn't possibly be there. We looked at each other.

"Um, guys? I think you should look at this." I pointed a shaky hand at the sky. Sky and Zoey saw it too. Andy and I knew we shouldn't say what we saw out loud, I mean, Dan would definitely laugh. Sky and Zoey both blurted it right out. "It's a spaceship!"

Just in case you're wondering what AAR stands for, it's Animorphs are Real.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 08:49:57 PM by tobiasfan21 »
I used to be V, before that I was Tobiasfan21. Then I disappeared for several months after being kidnapped by the Twilight series. Don't make me talk about it, it was horrible. Now, I'm V2113.

I am currently a Heroes fan who enjoys writing more than anything in the world.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
Re: AAR
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 06:58:06 AM »
Nice first chapter. I liked the way you slipped in the meaning of the title at the end there. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline V2113

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 02:41:05 PM »
Thanks for the comment! I'm glad you like it.

Chapter 2
An Unexpected Meeting

I know what you're thinking. This is an exact copy of Animorphs, it gets worse. We still haven't gotten an explanation yet, so it will remain a copy until we do. Me and Andy noticed these copies first.

As I expected Dan and Mark both laughed. Then, they looked. Their eyes grew wide.

"Whaa-" Dan said.

"Mega-confusion!" I said. The spaceship looked exactly like it was described in Animorphs #1. When I said so everyone but Andy and Mark laughed. Andy said, "She's right." Mark just looked shocked.

"So, lemme guess what's gonna happen next. Little green men are gonna tell us that alien slugs from Pluto are invading our world. Right?" Dan joked.
I sooo didn't feel like dealing with him but I still yelled at him about the Animorphs series. "Not little green men, one badly injured Andalite, not from Pluto, from some unknown world. Duhhhhh!"

But there it was. It was all happening. Just like in the book! I remembered the series. If this all played out the same way then, my older cousin is a controller, my other cousin is our leader, Sky is the animal lover, Dan is the joker, I'm the warrior, and Andrew... No. I just wouldn't let that happen. He may be just like Tobias but he knows what Tobias went through. He knows. He wouldn't let that happen to him. He just wouldn't. Would he? And already
I could see some similarities.

The ship landed.  Just like in the books. I was slightly scared, but if it was what I hoped it was then we would be safe for a few more minutes.

"Maybe we should try and talk to it. I mean, if it speaks English, anyway." Sky suggested.

"He speaks English," I said.

"How do you know?" Dan asked.

"She just does," Andy replied. Our gaze met.

"Well, we might as well try. I'll do it, Andy, wanna help?"

"Uh, huh,"

We remained silent for a few minutes. I spoke first.

"Please come out!"

No response.

"Do you think he heard us?" Dan whispered.
   "He heard us," I answered.

"We won't hurt you," Andy said.

<I know.>

Me and Andy looked at each other again. We knew those words. We also knew what was going to come next.

"Oh my gosh." I whispered.

"Did you guys hear that? That, that voice in my head?" Sky asked. We all nodded.

<Don't be afraid.>

"We won't. We somehow already know what you will look like, Prince Elfangor-Sirinial-Shamtul. And do not worry, we aren't Controllers," I said.

He stepped out. He looked wonderingly at us.

<You aren't Controllers. How do you know of me?> He looked at each of us. His gaze lingered on Andy for a little while. He kept one stalk eye on him while talking

"A book. Called the Animorphs. Something exactly like this happened. How exactly, we don't know, but it did. Have you ever heard of a Katherine Alice Applegate?"

He shook his head, but he had an Andalite smile on his face. <Of course! He knew what was going to happen so he put inspiration in this woman to write the series. That would be everything that should happen. You can change it. You can save the world from the Yeerks instead of dying in the process!>

"Ellimist, then?"

<Yes.> He took a step forward but tripped and screamed in pain. He had a burn. Just like in the book.

<I'm dying as you must know already. You also know that morphing fixes this but I don't have enough time to morph. Ahhh!>

Then, Andrew spoke. "No! We can't let you die! We can't!" Elfangor was still looking at him in a strange way. He looked happy and sad at the same time.

<No, time. No time to save me.>

I remembered all of the books. Something important about Tobias. What was it? I racked my brain, he becomes a hawk, Ellimist gives him back his morphing powers. Then, I remembered it. It was so obvious, how could I have missed it. I was about to speak when-

"What's that?" Dan was looking up at the sky.

<Yeerks.>

I used to be V, before that I was Tobiasfan21. Then I disappeared for several months after being kidnapped by the Twilight series. Don't make me talk about it, it was horrible. Now, I'm V2113.

Offline V2113

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 02:23:59 PM »
Chapter 3
The Yeerks Are Coming!

<Yeerks! Quick, someone go inside my ship and get the Escafil Device! Hurry!>

"I'll go," I said. I ran in and saw just like in the book the box and the picture of his family. When I got back outside I asked him about it.

"That picture was of your family, wasn't it?"

<Yes. My little brother Aximili and my parents. I don't think Aximili survived the attack,> He said. His eyestalks drooped a little.

"He did. And we will end up saving him and he will join us and become our friend. He will also take the blame for what you are doing on your Prince's orders. But he will become a Prince like you. If the story is true that is."

His sadness changed to proudness for a little while.

<A befitting role for him, he is much like I was when I was an aristh like him. Press your hands on this cube.> We did. We felt the pleasant shock that was described in the book and we ran. I noticed that Andrew did exactly what Tobias did in the books. Exactly. I was getting really worried. After he left I realized that I had to go and ask something quickly. But I was already saying it as I ran towards him.

"Elfangor, is-"

<No time for questions and I know what the question is. The answer is yes.>

I nodded. Then, I ran. Just in time, too. The Yeerks were about to land.

"You guys may not want to look at all of this. It'll be really gross and extremely sad. Trust me, I know," Andy said.

I held Sky in a tight hug. She looked curiously at me because I looked like you do just before you're going to cry and my eyes looked a little damp. I hadn't shed a tear in two years.

"This is something worth crying over, or at least as close to crying as possible in my case." I whispered. She had never read the books. Only Andy and I had read the whole series. But Mark and Zoey had read the first book. They knew what was coming. They were hiding their tears, but they were crying.

First the Hork-Bajir came out of the Bug-Fighter (Mark looked terrified), then the Taxxons (Mark wet his pants), then, the most feared of them all, Visser Three. Here is where Andy started to cry. He knew what was happening next. He knew the fate of Elfangor word for word. If thought it was bad in the book it was much worse in real life. Way worse. So I reached over and held his hand. We each squeezed so hard you would think our lives depended on it.

<Well, well,> he said. I am very surprised I wasn't having a heart attack. Visser Three is exactly as described in the books. He looks like a normal Andalite but he just has an air of evil around him. It was horrifying.

<What do we have here? A meddling Andalite? Ah, but no ordinary Andalite warrior.> He said as he looked more closely at Elfangor. <Prince Elfangor-Sirinial-Shamtul, if I am not mistaken. An honor to meet you. You're a legend. How many of our fighters have you shredded? Seven, or was it eight by the time the battle ended?>

Ah, but you've already met, haven't you? I thought silently.

I still couldn't believe I wasn't dreaming. It was exactly like the book! Except for where we interfered. But other than that it was exactly like the book.

The Andalite didn't answer. But I knew that it had been more than eight. Probably more than eighty.

<The very last Andalite in this sector of space. Yes, I'm afraid your Dome ship has been completely destroyed. Completely. I watched it burn as it fell into the atmosphere of this little world.>

<There will be others,> the Andalite prince said . . .

The Visser took a step closer to Elfangor. <Yes, and when they come it will be too late. This world will be mine. My own contribution to the Yeerk Empire, Our greatest conquest. And then I'll be Visser One.>

<What do you want with these Humans?> the Andalite asked. <You have your Taxxon allies. You have your Hork-Bajir slaves. And other slaves from other worlds. Why these
people?>

<Because there are so many, and they are so weak,> Visser Three sneered. <Billions of bodies! And they have no idea what's happening. With this many hosts we can spread throughout the universe, unstoppable! Billions of us. We'll have to build a thousand new Yeerk pools just to raise Yeerks for half this number of bodies. Face it, Andalite, you have fought well and bravely. But you have lost.>

Visser Three stepped right up to the Andalite. I could feel the Andalite's fear, but rather than cower, he fought the pain of his wound and climbed to his feet. He knew he was going to die. He wanted to die on his feet, looking his enemy in the face.

But Visser Three was not done taunting his foe. <I promise you one thing, Prince Elfangor - when we have this planet, with its rich harvest of bodies, we will move against the Andalite home world. I will personally hunt down your family. And I will personally oversee the placement of my most faithful lieutenants in their heads. I hope that they will resist, so I can hear their minds scream.>

The Andalite struck!

His tail whipped up and over, so fast you couldn't really see it. The Visser twisted his head aside. The Andalite's tail blade missed the Visser's head by a bare half-inch. But it sliced into his shoulder. Blood - or something like blood - sprayed from the wound. Just like in the book!

"Yes!" I hissed.

<Aaaaaarrrrrgh!> Visser Three yelled.

At the same time, a blinding beam of blue light shot from the tail of the Andalite ship. It sliced into the nearest Bug fighter. Hork-Bajir and Taxxons scattered.

Even crouching behind the wall, I could feel a wave of blistering heat. The Bug fighter sizzled and disappeared.

<Fire!> Visser Three yelled. <Burn his ship!>

The night exploded in blinding light. Red beams lanced from the Blade ship and the remaining Bug fighter. The Andalite ship glowed, and, with a strange slowness, disintegrated.
Then, in the flash and glow of Dracon beams I saw humans. A small group of them, maybe three or four, back in the shadows behind the Visser.

"There are people over there," I told the others. "Just like I knew there would be. Same as in the book."

"What? Are they prisoners?" asked Sky.

"Try Controllers."

<Take the Andalite,> Visser Three ordered his soldiers. <Hold him for me.>

Three big Hork-Bajir grabbed the Andalite and held him down. Their wrist blades were at his throat, but they knew better than to kill him. That was to be Visser Three's personal privilege.

Then we saw why a Yeerk as powerful as Visser Three would inhabit the only captured Andalite body. As we watched, Visser Three began to morph.
His Andalite head grew large, larger. Much larger. The four horselike legs merged into two and then expanded, each leg becoming as big around as a redwood tree. The delicate Andalite arms sprouted and became tentacles. Just like in the book! It was extremely horrifying.

Have you ever had a dream so bad that you hit yourself to wake you up. This was like that. Only, I wasn't going to wake up to see my mom rushing over to hug me and ask me what was wrong.

"This isn't real," Sky whispered. "This isn't real."

In the hideously bloated head, a mouth appeared. It was filled with teeth as long as your arm. The mouth grew wider and wider, becoming a monstrous, terrifying grin.

There was nothing left of the Andalite body, A monster had taken its place.

"R-r-r-r-a-a-a-w-w-w-w-g-g-g!" The roar of the beast Visser Three had become made the ground shake.
I hugged Sky tighter. "Just don't watch. 

"R-r-r-r-r-r-a-a-a-a-g-g-g!"

My teeth rattled from the sound. I heard someone whimpering. It was me.

Visser Three had become a monster that made the Hork-Bajir and the Taxxons look like harmless toys. He reached out with one thick tentacle and grabbed the Andalite by the neck.

"No, no, no," Andrew was whispering over and over again. "No, no, no, no."

I let go of Sky and let Mark take over the hugging of her. I hugged Andy. "Don't look." I whispered into his ear.

Visser Three lifted the Andalite straight up in the air, tearing him from the grasp of the Hork-Bajir. The Andalite prince struck again and again with his tail. But each strike was like a pinprick against such a creature.

Visser Three held the Andalite high in the air.

And then Visser Three opened his mouth wide.

(You may notice that some of this chapter is literally taken right out of the book, word for word. I will change this, eventually. I rushed through this chapter a little bit. If some of it actually says that 'Jake said' or 'Cassie said' or 'Rachel said' (etc) then please notify me)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 02:36:54 PM by tobiasfan21 »

Offline V2113

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 02:45:05 PM »
Chapter 4
The Death of an Andalite Prince

I don't know what came over me right then. I had been so shocked and so scared. But it was like something just snapped in my head. I couldn't just hide and watch, I just couldn't. Just like Jake.

"You-"

I jumped to my feet. I snatched up a plank of wood from the ground and started to climb over that wall.

I guess I just went crazy or something. It had to be craziness, because there was no way that I, alone, armed with a piece of wood, was going to accomplish anything.

<No!>

The Andalite's silent cry made me hesitate. I felt Sky's hands grabbing at my shirt and pulling me back. Mark and Danny held me down. Andy put his hand over my mouth. I was trying to scream, or curse, or something. Exactly like Jake. Creepy.

"Shut up, you idiot!" Mark hissed. "You're just going to get us all killed."

"Tia, don't." Sky said. "He doesn't want you to die for him. Don't you realize? He's dying for us."

I pushed Mark and Dan away angrily. But I was in control of myself again. Andy grabbed onto my hand. "You okay?" He whispered.

"For the moment. That was so much like Jake. Disturbing." I replied quietly.

I peeked over the wall again. The Andalite prince was helpless in the grasp of Visser Three. I saw him held high in the air. I saw Visser Three open his monstrous, gaping jaws.

I saw Elfangor fall into that open mouth. I knew we should've done something, anything. But I also knew it wouldn't work.

The mouth closed. The teeth ripped the Andalite apart. And the Andalite Prince Elfangor-Sirinial-Shamtul died.

At the very end, he cried out. His cry of despair was in our heads. His cry will always be in our heads. It was official, we were the Animorphs, and we were going to stop many things from happening.

The Hork-Bajir-Controllers began making a huffing sound, like whuh-whuh-whuh. Maybe they were laughing or applauding. The Taxxon-Controllers rushed forward and crowded around Visser Three. They seemed to be stretching up toward him, and then I saw why - a piece of the Andalite fell from the Visser's jaws and the nearest Taxxon greedily gobbled it up.

Andy turned away and covered his face with his hands. Sky had tears streaming from her eyes. Still, not a tear fell from my eyes, not one.

I heard a sound that was strange because it was so normal. It was laughter. Human laughter. The humans . . . the Human-Controllers - because that's what they were - were laughing, like they were at some kind of a show. For a moment it seemed to me that one of those laughing voices was familiar, like I'd heard it before. But then the sound was swallowed up in the huffing of the Hork-Bajir.

Visser Three morphed out of his monstrous form and slowly regained his Andalite body.

<Ah,> I heard him think, <nothing like a good Antarean Bogg morph for . . . taking a bite out of your enemies.>

Again the Human-Controllers laughed and the Hork-Bajir-Controllers huffed, and I heard a familiar human laugh I could not quite place.

Mark started throwing up. It was an understandable thing to do. But somehow that sound caught the attention of the nearest Hork-Bajir.

The snake head turned. He was perfectly still.

We were perfectly still.

The Hork-Bajir turned toward us. The nearsighted eyes were aimed directly at our little hiding place.

I don't know who panicked first. Maybe it was me. Maybe we'd just had all the fear and horror and confusion we could stand. It was like an electric shock went through all of us. We were running before I had a chance to even know what I was doing.

I ran. I gasped for air.

A cry went up from the Hork-Bajir.

"Split up," I yelled. "They can't follow all of us."

Mark, Sky, and Dan took off in three different directions. Andy was still right beside me. Glancing back, I saw the Hork-Bajir hesitate, unsure of who to chase.

Andy and I are the fastest runners. Mark is strong but not a fast runner, and Dan and Sky are too short to be really fast. So I figured if the aliens were going to chase anyone, it ought to be us.

I guess Andy thought the same thing because he was still right there running into the old abandoned mansion with me.

I slowed down and copied Rachel. "Come on, come on you stupid, ugly,-" I'm not going to say what I said next but Andy was surprised at the words that came out of my mouth. Very
surprised, almost as surprised as I was. I had never really said those words outside of my house. Rarely even in my house. The two nearest Hork-Bajir snapped around and took off after us. "Ghafrash! Here! Ghafrash fit! Enemy! Get!"

"Ghafrash fit nahar! I get! I kill!"

I ran. Suddenly my foot slammed something and I was down. I hit the ground hard. The wind was knocked out of me. I tried to fill my lungs again. Andy ran on. He didn't know I had tripped. This was getting way too Animorph-like!

A spear of red light struck a wooden plank just beside me. The wood vaporized. The two Hork-Bajir were coming after us, bounding like some devil kangaroos. I was up and running.

Andy must've realized I wasn't with him anymore. He stopped and started to come back toward me.

"Go!" I yelled. "Run! I'll be fine!"

He hesitated just a second. But he knew he couldn't do anything more for me. He ran.

I saw a dark hole ahead and raced toward it.

A doorway. Inside it was as black as a grave but I knew my way around. Zoey and I had walked all through it. There were hallways and little side rooms and secret passageways inside the walls. It was like one of those haunted houses you'd see in the movies.

Andy! Sky! Zoey! Had they gotten away? And what about Mark and Dan?

I tried to get my brain to concentrate as I scurried across the first big room. There was a picture frame.. . . somewhere. I groped in the dark and found the switch. I crawled into that passageway as fast as I was able.

I heard the sound of clawlike feet, huge, tearing, rending claw feet scraping over the carpet. A bottle went skittering across the floor. I held my breath. The Controller stopped a yard, at the very least, away from my hiding place.

"Efnud to tell fallay nyot fit? Whatever order."

"No. No need to capture them. Whoever you find, kill. But bring me either a hand or a head for identification"

The first voice had been Hork-Bajir. The second voice was human. And the weird thing was, that voice sounded familiar. I tried to think. I knew I'd heard that voice somewhere. Where?

Where?

"Just save the head," the human told the Hork-Bajir. "Bring that to me and we can identify it. I just hope they haven't read that book that that sorry excuse for a Yeerk, Timroil 329 wrote, of the obscene carelessness in the Universe we have to deal with he must have been the worst. Silly idea too. Humans with powers, hah. No, these humans didn't get a chance to meet him, and even if they did Andalites would never give another race technology, not after Prince Seerow."

So it wasn't the Ellimist. Or was it... Yeerks aren't that careless.

I slid quickly along the wall, going as quickly I could go without making any noise.

I racked my brains. Had there been a doorway. . . ? Yes, there it was. As silently as I could, I slipped into it.

I kicked something soft.

"Hey!"

It was a man! He had been lying on the ground, wrapped in a blanket.

"Hey, get outta here. This is my place, and I ain't got nothin' for you to steal."

I started to warn him, but one of the Hork-Bajir was there! It had heard the man cry out.

The flashlight landed on the homeless man's face. He blinked like an owl.

There was an alcove. Right behind me. I backed through. The homeless guy screamed. I heard the sound of a scuffle.

Maybe the guy got away. I hope so. But I never found out, because with the Hork-Bajir distracted, I ran. I ran and ran and ran. And as I ran, I really hoped it was all just a dream.

(Once again, I copied a ton of stuff out of the books, from the E-Books actually. So if anything doesn't make sense please notify me)

Offline V2113

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 02:33:44 AM »

Chapter 5
The First Morphing

Somehow I made it home, I have very little memory of what happened after I ran. I remember running. I remember muttering an explanation to why I was home so late to my mom. Something about having to come over Sky's for a little bit.

I woke up at 9:00 am. I went over to the side of my bed and saw my cats, Darling and Damian, at the foot of my bed having a cat fight. I broke it up and Damian came purring over to me. I began thinking about what had happened the night previously so I decided to try it out. I just concentrated on him. I noticed he'd stopped purring and was in some kind of a trance. I stopped petting him and a few seconds later he seemed to just snap out of it. He and Darling walked out of the room.

I put my 'Do Not Disturb' sign up on the door and I locked it. I changed into my dance outfit, a black skintight pair of pants and shirt. I thought about Damian, about being Damian, about jumping on the dresser and playing with string. For a few seconds nothing happened. My hand itched. I looked at it. It was furry! It was working.

After a few minutes I had become Damian. Literally! I waited for the instincts to come bubbling up. They did, exactly as I thought they'd be. I was a cool, cool, kitty. I jumped around and played around a bit before I decided to demorph. It had been really easy to prepare my mind for it. It wasn't the most energetic mind in the world. I was almost ready to when I heard it. A mouse.

Damian's predator side kicked in. I couldn't control it. I jumped on the mouse. I was going to have some fun with him before I sank my sharp fangs into his soft furry neck and killed him. I sat there lazily letting him go a bit and grabbing his tail then repeating the process.

No! Don't do it! Stop hurting the poor thing! A strange voice in my head said. Unimportant.

I got bored and I began to toss him up and down.

No! Stop! The voice said again. Meaningless.

Titania! Stop it! Regain control! It cried again. Not it. Me. Titania, a girl, not Damian, a cat!

I let the mouse go and demorphed. Then, I grabbed a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and quickly pulled them on with some sneakers. I scarfed down my blueberry pancakes and went over to the twin's.

I had to wake them up. Zoey was easy, all i had to do was say the word Danny and she wold wake up, Sky however, is a different story. We shook her, I shook her bunk bed. I yelled, I practically screamed. In the end I dragged her out into the barn, it was easy because their bedroom is on the ground floor and they don't have a porch, and dumped a bucket of water on her head.

"I'm up! I'm up!" She screamed, then she saw us. "Oh, it's you guys. What am I doing in the barn? Why am I so wet?"

"Oh no reason." I quickly dropped the bucket. She noticed it. I looked slightly embarrassed. You see, this wasn't the first time I'd had to do that. Except the first time it was because we'd had a sleepover and I needed to get her up for school.

"So, are you going to explain to me why you had me help you drag my sister out here and dump a bucket of water on her head or do I have to guess?" Zoey asked.
   "I think you know why," She looked shocked.

"So it wasn't a dream," Sky said quietly. "It was real."

"Yes, it was real. I am now living proof. I morphed Damian." Sky looked at me as if I were crazy. Zoey just nodded.
   "You don't believe me, do you?" Sky shook her head.

"I want to believe you but I still can't. I mean, you turned into a cat?"

"I know it's shocking but it's true. Watch." I pulled off my outer clothing and focused on Damian. Each morph is different, just like it said in the books, but mine were actually easy to control. It was fun. Very fun. I watched my hands as the claws began to extend. Then sleek black fur went from my fingers to the rest of my hand. From there it erupted in a beautiful way all the way down and up my body. My head was last. When the fur had finished my ears grew more catlike and went up my head, my teeth changed in my mouth so I smiled at Sky. My hands weren't full paws, the nails were claws but I still had fingers. I still had my hair, I was covered with fur. My ears were just like my cat's. So were my teeth. I stopped morphing just after my glorious black tail popped out of my skintight ballet pants.

I swear I must've looked pretty amazing because they just looked at me in amazement.

"You look just like Cat Woman!" Zoey exclaimed. I bet I did. I finished morphing and walked up to her legs and purred as I rubbed up against them. She scratched me behind the ears. Now I know why my cats like that so much. Oh man did that feel good. I demorphed and put my outer clothes back on.

"Now let's get you a morphing outfit!" Sky looked at me curiously. "To the mall!" I said. Sky rolled her eyes. Zoey clapped excitedly

We went to the Dance Supply Co. in the mall. That's where I got my outfit. I am well acquainted with the cashier there. Her name is Dani.

"Hey, Tia. Yo Zo. You two wanna see our new dance outfit?" She asked. "And you must be Sky. I never thought I'd ever meet you, after all I've heard about your major fashion defect. I didn't know that even existed, especially when you're related to Zoey."

"Well, I guess the only place I'd normally shop is Bird Poop Jeans Inc. But they insisted I get a dance outfit so she can at least teach me how to do Chaînés turn. Even though that is so not happening," Sky responded.

"Ah, hah. Well, follow me if you want to see it. Tia, you will LOVE it!" She was right. I loved it. It was a blue-violet, long-sleeved, skintight leotard that zipped in the back. It had removable leg and arm pieces that ended like a sock. It was L-O-V-E at first sight!

"How much?!?!?!?" I asked instantly.

"For a normal customer $30.50. But for you, it would be more like fifteen." I couldn't even try to contain my glee.

"I'll take it!" I practically shouted. I bought it then I helped Sky to pick out the first ever matching and fitting outfit she ever bought that looked good. It was a lime green leotard that was an exact copy of mine except it was cheaper because it was last season. I decided to get the boys some too except they had feet holes, I considered getting Dan bright pink and then say that it was the only one in his size but I settled for black with a pink zipper. I got Mark navy blue and Andy brownish red. Zoey just got a plain blue one. We then went to Billy's Sci-Fi Haven and bought Animorphs iron ones, for a joke. I knew that Dan would complain about the whole clothing issue. Everything ended up costing $75. 83. They were going to owe me big time. Except for Andy, Zoey, Sky of course. Sky and Zoey's were gifts and Andy didn't have much money.
        His uncle didn't give him allowance even though he did everything around the house. Meaning cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, taking out the trash, washing the dishes, cleaning the house. Everything. I've been over his house once. His uncle had been away and we were gonna hang out and discuss Animorphs. We ended up talking and he mentioned all of this. I think it had been an accident but he did and well, I got really upset for him. We hang out on online forums a lot. Mainly RAF. That is one of the best forums in my opinion. I love it.

Once again my thoughts trailed off to the whole Tobias-Andy thing. Once again I worried for him. The more I thought about it the more I knew he was going to get stuck.

You may notice that I'm slipping in similarities and you may have guessed that certain characters are almost exaxtly the same. I mentioned RAF on this. It's just for laughs, to see if anyone finds it funny that they end up reading about RAF on RAF.

Offline amy_animorph

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 01:20:47 AM »
This is going to be pretty interesting to see where you go with this. They aren't the Animorphs, and more importantly, they know what all the wrong decisions are. I like the way you didn't reveal the title until the end of the first chapter, too.

Offline V2113

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 08:59:42 PM »
This is most definitely going to take me a while to update on. I'm doing this on fanfiction.net now so could someone please move this where ever so people can post comments?
Here's the link: http://www.fanfiction.net/secure/story/story_preview.php?storyid=4812484&chapter=1

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 09:16:18 PM »
Very nice, V!! I love to see where this is going. :)
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline V2113

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 01:09:58 AM »
I recently realized I way over Mary-Sued Tia. So, as I posted on fanfiction, I will be editing Chapter Five. And, as I also posted, I need help. Here's the questions plus a few more, please answer them!

1) Is Andy going to make the same mistake as Tobias and get trapped in morph in the first book? If not, will it happen later? If so, will the Ellimist save him?

2) If Andy does get trapped, what will he be trapped as? The traditional hawk? Dude or whatever Andy named his cat, or dog, or whatever species his pet is? Something entirely different?

3) Will someone else get trapped? Someone you wouldn't expect?

4) Will something unexpected but story altering happen to one of the characters? Something that was only done for a book or two in the series but never really done? Something that would change their battle for the better... or the worse? And karma to whoever guesses what I'm hinting at.

5) Will Sky and Zoey have some sort twin telepathy or something like that? It would make sense and sort of help out a little in whatever goes on.

6) What should the morphs be? For each of them anyway. Battle? Flight? Should I stick to the canon morphs?

7) Should I change the view point occasionally? Or should I stick with one per book except for on Megamorphs?

8) Should Ax come on the scene? (I already have my mind made up, but I still want to see what other people think of it.)

9) Should the Animorphs use their knowledge of the books as an advatage? If so will the books be accurate? If so will they get too ****y and end up getting themselves in the kind of trouble that won't be able to be helped?

10) Should all of the characters take the series seriously? Should a few of them (Dan and Andy in partcular) be doubtful of certain facts?

Once again, please answer! And if you have a fanfiction account, please review.