Author Topic: Rumor has it, that an Animorphs 2.0 might be in the works...with Scholastic!  (Read 20706 times)

Offline KOFSoldier

http://www.hiracdelest.com/status.htm

I've been following HD for a little while, now. So what do you guys think? I'm a little curious, would it be a direct continuation or a reinvention of the original (the ending did leave a sour taste in a lot of our mouths, and rewriting it would draw in some profit).

Offline Seryna

• Roleplay central

That is pretty interesting.  I would hope that this 2.0 would be aimed at an older audience, for most of the original Animorphs fans are now grown or at least past the age that the first series was aimed for. So little info is given here, it just fills my mind with questions. Will it focus on a new group?  The Auxiliary Animorphs?

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
This is an interesting notion and I hope it goes somewhere.

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
Be still my beating heart, can it be? Oh lord please let that happen!

They should do a re-write of #54, then continue from there. Start targeting older teens and tweens!
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Shock

• Xtreme Member
  • Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
while i hope that it is real, i find it mostly likely just a rumor.

unless it comes from K.A.'s or Scholastic mouth, i don't think it will be real.
Cannibals are seriously messed up
[17:05:27] Reiyn: Shock's tact and diplomacy is unparalleled.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information. For in his heart, he dreams himself your master
Quote from: K.A. Applegate
So sorry to get you into writing. What a horrible thing to inflict on you. Should have just sold you crack.

Offline Chad32

• God
That would make me happy. Whether they make a sequel series, or just rewrite the original series and improve on the characters, and also put more focus on other factions beyond the Animorphs.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
Animorphs: Euro Edition

Offline Liz

• Gold Donor
    • Facebook
Hm.  I'm really kind of hoping it doesn't happen, but that's because I'm still angry about the impending PotO sequel, which is guaranteed to suck, and never want to see another sequel to anything ever.  xD

Anyway, I hate the idea of rewriting the ending.
But I guess a new story with different characters could be okay.

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
PotO? You mean Phantom of the Opera? They're making a sequel? WTF!?! Unless it's directed, composed, or over seen by Andrew Lloyd Webber, I'm not watching it.

Offline Liz

• Gold Donor
    • Facebook
PotO? You mean Phantom of the Opera? They're making a sequel? WTF!?! Unless it's directed, composed, or over seen by Andrew Lloyd Webber, I'm not watching it.

Oh, it's ALW's project, alright...the problem is he's trying to make it all "rock and roll" or whatever, like the movie was.  I'm sure the music will be at least decent, but the plot is just awful.  It was originally based off what is basically the worst PotO fanfiction ever, but ALW has made some changes, and I'd better stop now because I can go on about this forever, so...

~ahem~

Getting back on topic, if 2.0 does happen and is successful, maybe studios would think there's enough interest in the series to make a movie...

Offline wolfev

OMG that is freakin awesome. A relaunch would be so cool. Consider this however, if scholastic markets to kids then they can't make a continuation without them having already read the first series. This means that they would have to re-release all the books previously. That would probably require a revamp since they are a bit out of date. What I wonder about is if the books will be longer since kids books tend to be getting thicker and thicker now days. I want to see the Andalite chronicles re-released. Now that would be awesome.
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
that would be fantastic, but i'm not giving my hopes up until i hear this from KA.

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
I hope it's true
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
I wonder if KA will be attached to the project at all. They've both kind of moved on to different projects so I wouldnt be surprised if scolastic moved forward with a new writer/team. Either way this ould be absolutely fantastic to see Animorphs back on a book rack, waiting for the new book to come out every month...good times

Offline KOFSoldier

Yeah, I guess we are the Generation of comebacks (Transformers, Astro Boy, Toy Story 3, etc...) it could work if done correctly. I'm not exactly sure how they could do it, though. Maybe focus on a completely different faction? But then it wouldn't be Animorphs anymore. I'm excited, though, and I hope they come through with it.