Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 334942 times)

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #4740 on: November 06, 2009, 10:31:50 PM »
"You'll have to take that up with Captain Morgan," replied Asda. "Now, there's going to be surgery involved. I need to implant a small chip in your head that will allow your brain to interact with the prosthetic. Don't worry, I've done this surgery before. Did you know that Morgan's left leg below the knee is a prosthetic?"

Asda gave that a moment to sink in before she said, "It wasn't easy to get a prosthetic for a minotaur, but the Captain has connections."

Outside, Fletcher looked up at Gaz and said, "Gaz, this man needs a stiff drink."

"Forget the bar for now," Gaz said, "I've got just the thing on my ship. Be right back."

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4741 on: November 07, 2009, 12:42:53 AM »
((Nah, Mar's not as invulnerable as he looks, even as a spirit. X3 . That gauntlet's more than a really bizarre fashion statement, you know. No "real man" has a violet-colored arm because they want to. XDD))

Mar glances at Temrash oddly and states, "So you were once a powerful Imperial commander? What on earth makes someone like that become an outcast? Most rebels I've seen have been mid-range, and so have time to reflect on the ugliness around them. That, and most commanders are too prideful to get down and dirty and eat cabbage with hot sauce." Mar chuckles a bit.

"And...incidentally, I don't see why what I think about my precious is any of your business at all. I told her and others several times I wouldn't interfere. What other mannerisms I might have are my own."

Offline Six

• AKA Zombz
« Reply #4742 on: November 07, 2009, 02:38:44 AM »
((Dammit, you guys posting more then once with interaction/fighting with my Daemon or Hound makes my job of replying much harder))

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #4743 on: November 07, 2009, 04:03:13 AM »
((Actually yeah Chad...you were the one who asked about battle morphs right?  Ossanlin has several morphs, not the least of which is Hork-Bajir.  Silver-Blades, however are much more powerful in a way, yet limited as well.  If I didn't make limitations I'd be powergaming.  Ossanlin can't morph while he's a Silver Blade.  He has some incredible powers including mental energy manipulation as well as time manipulation, and some small powers of creation though these all take energy which is far from limitless.  Aside from the energy limit, injuries taken cannot simply be morphed away while he's in Silver Blade form, he has to live with them.  Of course when he's a normal andalite, he doesn't have the extra abilities aside from a slightly expanded sense of things.  I'm a bit at a loss for posting atm.  Zombs is swamped and Ossanlin isn't in fighting condition anyway, but he wouldn't just leave while the threat remained.  I've removed Celebrin handily from the scene and I don't know if he's coming back...I guess a few other people are keeping multiple chars...but I do also have Seran and I don't want to give him up.  I like playing an obnoxious bad-guy bastard every once in a while.  XD ))
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #4744 on: November 07, 2009, 04:45:03 AM »
((Dammit, you guys posting more then once with interaction/fighting with my Daemon or Hound makes my job of replying much harder))

((Stop taking so long to respond. In the time that our 6 second fight is over, the guys in the bar have had an hour long conversation. You said you were going to get rid of your monsters and stop the fighting, so do it already, stop dragging it out.))
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4745 on: November 07, 2009, 08:56:35 AM »
"There's a good chance I'll commit myself to the rebellion. When that happens, Myitt will be an important ally of mine. I'd like to think her afterlife will be a peaceful one, and since you have her soul than that makes you responsible for what happens to it."

"As for why Visser 6 would want to give up averything he had, I suppose it has to do with numerous things. I was born in the beginning of the war, which means several Yeerks I knew had been around since before the war. They talked about how peaceful it was on the Homeworld, and how interesting it was when offworlders landed. Of course they were shut up pretty quickly, but I was a little different. I'm not sure how or why, but I guess you could say I was lucky. I also had a knack for fighting."

"Over the years I've seen things that made me question the propoganda, but I was harder to silence because I was a valuable soldier who just kept being in the right place at the right time. I'm not sure what the final straw was, but I woke up one day and realised all my close friends were gone. My brothers and sisters. And there were more Yeerks that I hated on a personal level than Andalites. I told my second in command that I was taking a ship out for some alone time and...never went back. I had deserted before I even realised it on a conscious level."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4746 on: November 07, 2009, 02:40:34 PM »
Mar glances off slightly. "At least you had it happen in a kinder way than I did, mortal. When I asked my friends to join me, they thought I was mad and avoided me from nearly that point onward. The last time I saw my best friend was when he ripped off one of my limbs and threw me into something I should not have survived entering. All's fair in love and war, I suppose."

Mar turns back to Temrash with a playful grin. "As for Myitt...caring about the business of someone when she exits this point in her life is a terribly kind action, coming from someone who barely knows her. It's no wonder you could not abide by a world where backstabbers and death lurk around every corner. Do be careful. The rebellion are not as saintly as you'd think, either."

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #4747 on: November 07, 2009, 02:53:32 PM »
Myitt grins a bit.  "You know, it's so nice when other people discuss your life, kind of gives it a new perspective," she says thoughtfully.

Corliss smirks and shakes his head at Mar.  "It's cliche, mate, but with friends like that, who needs enemies?"
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 03:01:26 PM by Myitt »

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4748 on: November 07, 2009, 11:28:47 PM »
Mar smirks at Myitt. "You always did have a biting tongue, my sweet. And let's just say that my old friends and my current enemies are ironically the same group of people. Although all-new enemies have sprung up. You make a lot of those when you're in my business."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4749 on: November 08, 2009, 08:46:20 AM »
"Well don't get me wrong. A good number of my subordinates did turn against me. There were people I used to depend on that I can't depend on anymore, but a fair number are still loyal. I still have those connections, and access to resources." Temrash said.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #4750 on: November 08, 2009, 10:10:39 AM »
"Can't say we're all too different from you there, Mar," says Corliss with a laugh.  He nods at Temrash.  "We have kept some friends and connections.  Can't survive without keeping some of them, really."

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4751 on: November 08, 2009, 03:56:46 PM »
Mar grins a bit. "I suppose so. I didn't really have that option, so I had to either create new connections or befriend people I barely knew.  Many of my closer associates are people I wouldn't have given a second glance before. Funny how that happens."

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #4752 on: November 08, 2009, 04:11:16 PM »
"Of course some people you just force into befriending you," Myitt adds nonchalantly.  "Funny how that happens.  I guess being..."  A powerful, self-absorbed dick, she thinks sourly.  "...really influential kind of helps."

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4753 on: November 08, 2009, 06:06:42 PM »
Mar smirks at Myitt, knowing that she said something rather different in her mind but not knowing exactly what. But he could guess. "Yes, I suppose it's helpful for certain things. But you'd be surprised at how often that advantage fails me, and exactly the opposite happens. Because I am powerful and have little in the way of morality, people tend to come to me asking for something. Usually out of greed or pain. And I'm happy to oblige...provided I recieve compensation."

Mar plays with his fingers idly and states, "Usually in the way of...work or the type you provided. What they fail to realize is that often the two become one and the same a little while down the line."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4754 on: November 08, 2009, 06:13:53 PM »
"May I ask what exactly happened, anyway? I came in when Ossanlin was on the floor, and Alic was watching over him. Did Seran kill you, and almost kill Oss? I can't say I've ever been dead, though I've been near it so many times."

Ani-Master 2014!