Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 196723 times)

guitarhero01234

Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #4950 on: July 24, 2016, 04:01:35 PM »
"Trust me, Ive met plenty of people like that. Elitist ****s." Merc gives a coy grin. "Makes my day to rob them ****ers blind."

"At this point, I'd say I'm on the same page when it comes to looking out for yourself." He sighs. "This is getting a little depressing, isn't it?"

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #4951 on: July 24, 2016, 07:54:50 PM »
"Well, I suppose it might be.  But that's why we hang out together, huh?  Make each others' lives a bit more bearable?"  He runs his free hand a bit up Merc's arm and rests it a bit above his wrist, smiling.  He takes another sip of liquor.  "Surprises me you can handle this stuff so well."  He chuckles, swirling his flute around.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4952 on: July 24, 2016, 08:06:19 PM »
"Well that sounds complicated!" says Jeffrey, grinning. "One minute you're calling your government a propaganda-filled hawkish nightmare and the next minute you're talking about defending freedom! God, you sound just like him really--- My archnemesis! No wonder I keep mistaking you two for one another! Anyway..." Jeffrey sighs."...I do it, and I'm good at it mind, but I wouldn't say I want to, exactly. My intention is to end, well...all of it. Personally."

Jeffrey glances over at Merc and Rathien, watching but not paying a spectacular amount of attention to either of them. "Huh. Well aren't those two getting friendly."

guitarhero01234

« Reply #4953 on: July 24, 2016, 08:14:42 PM »
Merc's smile widens just a little bit. "Well, I'd like to say that I have some insane tolerance, but that would be a lie. The alcohol gets filtered out into this artificial bladder thing. Mostly, at least. Sometimes, a little bit gets through. . . ." He laughs again, barely even noticing Rathien's travelling hand. "Speaking of which, I should probably call that my last drink. Don't think I want to get totally ****ed up in a place like this." He quickly glances over to Myitt. "Just in case a Yeti comes out of the kitchen or some ****."

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #4954 on: July 24, 2016, 09:17:24 PM »
"Aww, poor guy...that's no fun."  Rathien smiles, letting Merc know it's just a joke. "But I suppose..."  He moves his free hand to pat Merc's thigh instead of his arm.  "...that's the responsible thing to do.  Me, I think I'll keep drinking.  Makes the best lubricant, you know.  Mental lubricant that is, doesn't do jack as an actual lubricant."  He chuckles at his own poor joke, but doesn't remove his hand from Merc's thigh, keeping his touch light and steady so as not to alarm.

RAF Silverblade

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #4955 on: July 24, 2016, 09:21:22 PM »
Ossanlin shakes his head at Jeffry.  <You seem to think the government and the People are one and the same.  Tell me, why can I not use the resources of a corrupt government to fight for the good of the Galaxy?>

RAF Silverblade

guitarhero01234

« Reply #4956 on: July 24, 2016, 09:28:55 PM »
Merc stares wide-eyed at the hand on his leg, but does nothing to remove it. "I must have had a bit too much if I'm actually going along with this," he mumbles, then quickly after realizes that he actually said that out loud. "Jesus Christ, it's been a long time since I've even been buzzed. You're right, that **** is strong." He shakes his head and lets an amused giggle pass through his lips. "You know what? Screw it. I might as well get ****faced."

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #4957 on: July 24, 2016, 09:37:43 PM »
Rathien grins wide.  "Attaboy!"  He chuckles and pounds the rest of his current flute, slapping it down on the bar counter.  "Another round you freaky bastard!"  He calls to the BT.  He squeezes Merc's thigh, hand sliding up a bit higher, his fingers flirting with brushing into forbidden territory, but his fingers stay just far enough away from the area to be considered 'decent.'  Doing his best to be light and playful.

The BT sets two more flutes in front of them and Rathien picks his up, taking a sip.  "Lets drink our way out of our funk, eh?  Forget the ****ty stuff for awhile."

RAF Silverblade

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4958 on: July 24, 2016, 09:43:42 PM »
Jeffrey shakes his head. "Ossanlin--- It doesn't work like that. Even you must know that. Sometimes what the government tells you to do gets clearly in the way of the greater good. Sometimes taking their money means siding with a policy you don't like, a policy you know is going to hurt people, and then shutting up about it. I'm sure you've done that plenty of times, by this point."

Jeffrey glances at the bartender, and says, "Lemonade, maybe? I don't need to be drunker."

He then says, "....but I don't doubt that you've done your best to use the blood money to save lives. Probably. You could use those magic powers of yours to save a lot more lives, but eh--- We know where you stand there. Anyway, how do you know the Yeerk? That seems to be a big part of why you and your government aren't identical. Bar conversation, you know."

guitarhero01234

« Reply #4959 on: July 24, 2016, 09:49:09 PM »
"Sounds like a plan to me," Merc says, reaching for his own drink. In any normal circumstance, he would have shot down Rathien's advances immediately. But at this point in time, he wasn't about to protest. Just remember, nothing more than conversation. And drinking. Lots of drinking.

He takes a long sip of the liquor, feeling its effects almost immediately now. "Damn," he breathes, rubbing his head. "Probably gonna have a hell of a hangover if I keep this up." He turns back to Rathien, his facial expression having relaxed considerably. "So, what do you do when you're not 'on the hunt'? Any hobbies?"

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #4960 on: July 24, 2016, 09:52:34 PM »
<Except that it can.  I'm in a very unique position, I don't think you completely understand.>  Ossanlin shakes his head.  <But I'm not going to debate semantics with you.  Myitt once saved me from a fate worse than death.  And in the ensuing years, from death itself more times than I can count.>

RAF Silverblade

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #4961 on: July 24, 2016, 10:01:35 PM »
Rathien grins, running his tongue over one of his fangs, one of his only tells.  A show of desire.  He takes another drink and starts to feel the effects himself.  It says something, considering he's built up quite the tolerance to the stuff.  He laughs at Merc's comment about a hangover.  "It's a pure spirit...you shouldn't have a hangover at all."  He laughs again and suddenly moves his hand to cup Mercer in a less-than-decent area, squeezing a bit before moving his hand back to the safety of the human's thigh.  "Sorry, just had to make sure you weren't a Cellorn."  He guffaws loudly, drinking deep from his glass again.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4962 on: July 24, 2016, 10:05:35 PM »
"From Death itself, huh?" says Jeffrey with a contemplative, far-off smile on his face. "And from a fate worse than Death." Jeffrey grasps the lemonade without looking at it, as the Bartender passes it down to him. "A couple things I've seen probably qualify as that. Here and there. What happened to Dr. Death, maybe. But probably you mean loss of Will or slavery of some kind, because that's what most people mean. And she was probably a stranger at the time. A rare parasite who would do that!" And a rare person, besides.

guitarhero01234

« Reply #4963 on: July 24, 2016, 10:08:40 PM »
Merc jumps back in his seat, shocked. "The ****!?" he yelps, more out of surprise than anything else. He starts laughing in turn, much like he did after scaring William. "Didn't think you would just cop a feel like that!" By this point, he had stopped caring whether the bar's other patrons could hear him. It had been a long time since he let himself lose control like this, either to a substance or another person. Whether or not it was for the better, he wasn't sure. "Y'know what? I don't even give a **** at this point. Cheers!" He lifts his flute above his head before pouring the rest of his drink down his throat.

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #4964 on: July 24, 2016, 10:15:00 PM »
Ossanlin drinks more from his bowl, looking up as one of the humans jumps a bit in his seat.  Apparently he and the Ildari were enjoying themselves thoroughly.  <Infestation, if you must know.  A Yeerk who now holds a very high position in the Empire thanks to the intelligence he stole from my mind.  Better the intel than a morph-capable body.>  He grimaces a bit, the memory still clear in his mind.  <They had to relocate their base to avoid Imperial wrath.  And I felt the need to wash out the inside of my skull.>

RAF Silverblade