Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 197836 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #3660 on: August 07, 2012, 09:13:53 AM »
"I supposed something like that would cause you to seriously dislike Tureleks." Jocun said in a big understatement. "Simon and I are sorry for your loss. I'm glad that you're back out in the world, as I have enjoyed meeting you both."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3661 on: August 07, 2012, 04:27:40 PM »
Terenia responds, her mouth twisted into a scowl as she looks between Parker and Jocun. "I don't need sympathy from either of you. From any of you. And I don't need therapy either." She takes a deep swig of beer, her eyebrows drawn together. "And for the record, Jocun, I already had plenty of reasons to dislike tureleks. There aren't many reasons to like them, in my experience. The incident with Terliss just..." She cuts off, pressing her lips together, her surly expression briefly replaced with a pained one. "It just made it worse," she says at last, taking another drink.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #3662 on: August 07, 2012, 05:52:28 PM »
Parker's expression darkened, insulted, and somewhat frustrated. He leaned against the bar, blocking Jocun from conversation. If he wanted to say anything, he'd have to speak over Parker's shoulder. He looks straight at her and says, "Hey, you want apathy and solitude, you go somewhere else. You don't go to a bar to get away from people. You especially don't go to a place potentially full of Humans and expect no one to care about you. There are enough people here that have either come to like you or help you in some other fashion, that you know what you get when you come here. We're not just going to sit here and let you stew in your self-loathing.

"No, you don't need sympathy; but it's given freely to help soften the pain. I never said you needed therapy. I said you would do well to have a positive influence rather than constant opposition; and I only meant shooting stuff felt good. It helps you work through the **** stored in your head. Envisioning the destruction of those things that hurt you. What is left for you other than to try to recover and move on? Focusing on your future rather than your past. I spent the better part of a year trying to get back here to a woman I thought loved me. When I finally get here, she was excited to see me; but afterward seemed to ignore me. I haven't seen her since. Do you see me skulking around? No. I focus on what's next. You need to get out of your head and look at what's in front of you; not what's behind you."
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3663 on: August 07, 2012, 06:29:05 PM »
Terenia stiffens at his words, her eyes slowly narrowing into a glare. <<Don't,>> she says sternly to Esreth when she senses the Yeerk about to take control.

"I'm sorry you lost someone you loved. I'm sure that was so difficult for you," she says hotly, knuckles whitening around the bottle of beer. "I'm sure that's just as troubling as being blackmailed and manipulated into carrying a child just to have it murdered when its presence was no longer of use. I'm sure it's up there with being infested by an Imperial and forced to betray everyone you care about."

She pushes the bottle away so forcefully that it topples over onto the bartenders side of the bar, clattering off the ground and earning her a blank stare as she gets to her feet, the stool scraping loudly. "I didn't come here for sympathy or pity. I don't want it. I'm not stuck in my head, I'm not skulking and I don't f*cking need lessons in how to cope with my losses."

Practically vibrating with her fury, Terenia turns to stalk away.

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3664 on: August 07, 2012, 06:47:38 PM »
Parker stands, collects his helmet, and goes to follow her, "I'm not comparing my pain to yours. If you want to compare notes on pain; I far outrank you. I have so many deaths on my head, you would drown. I've grown up with death since I was 8 years old. No, I don't know the pain of losing a child; but what I'm saying is that it doesn't matter. You deal with it the same as any other. Yes, it weighs on you, yes you remember it; but you still move on. You can't let your past control your future."

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3665 on: August 07, 2012, 07:20:22 PM »
She stops short, turning to glare at Parker. "And what the hell gave you the idea that I was?" she asks pointedly. "What do you think I do, mope around in my room all day? Why the hell do you think I asked Esreth to infest me, if not to help me move on? And why in the name of God is it any of your business how I cope with things!?"

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3666 on: August 07, 2012, 07:45:57 PM »
Parker ignores the last question, it's rarely a question that can be answered correctly. Instead he answers, "By the fact that you still push people away when your problems come up. Instead of accepting what little they give, and moving on in the conversation; you shove people away rudely. This whole conversation could've just moved along if you had accepted our condolences and changed the topic; but no, you had to prove your strength and isolate yourself from any kind of outside positive reinforcement. You've made great progress by requesting Esreth, you have; but it's only regression when you reject all other forms of assistance so rudely. If you didn't want to talk about it, you could've let the topic go at any moment; but you decided to bath in it and make it an issue."

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #3667 on: August 07, 2012, 08:11:36 PM »
Gene clears his throat, lost in thought after discussing the loss of his Yeerk. He'd been scratching little lines in the soft, pliable lacquer on top of the bar counter with a fingernail.

He looks up at Terenia's outburst, then turns his attention to Parker. "Leave the girl be, Parker, my friend," he says softly, going back to peeling at the cracks in the bar surface. "She's been through...a lot lately." He smirks. "I guess that's obvious."

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3668 on: August 07, 2012, 08:23:22 PM »
<Terliss. Did we meet a Terliss?> Jocun wondered

<Wasn't that Aya's Yeerk?>

Jocun's eyes widened as he recognized who that was, and looked around the room self consciously, as if Aya was still sitting at the bar or at a far corner. <Make a note not to go near them again. As nice as it was to meet Aya, we don't want Terenia to see us talking with her.>

He barely noticed Parker's attempt to block him from seeing Terenia in his continuing efforts to make Jocun leave, and soon they were walking away, debating over who had the worse problems. He considered following to try to diffuse the situation, but Terenia seemed not in the mood for any sort of pity party. Fortunately Gene spoke up, saying what Jocun wanted to say anyway.

"Well this meeting has spiraled downhill." He said casually to Gene. "I didn't mean to be offensive, but showing sympathy is the standard response to someone saying something horrible happened to them. Even if I'm not emotionally invested in her affairs. I mean, what else do you say to that, and not come off as rude or worse?"

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3669 on: August 07, 2012, 08:50:19 PM »
Parker turned to Gene and said matter-of-factly, "Her whole life has been a lot. I may not know the specifics, but I can appreciate the symmetry. I realize we're two very different people; but nothing changes if everyone sits idly by enabling a person's implosion."

He gives Terenia a defeated expression and says, "At least don't walk away. We don't have to keep talking about anything; but don't leave."

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3670 on: August 07, 2012, 09:45:09 PM »
Esreth takes control again with a sigh, "Parker," she says, unballing Terenia's hands from their fists and giving him a small smile. "I understand your intent, but trust me when I say that Terenia's progress is going to be a slow one. It is not merely a case of bad things happening to her. She has suffered from depression since she was a child, and it goes deeper than her experiences."

She moves back towards the table, still smiling, though it is a strained look. "As for her response to your sympathy...you have seen her here before, you know that she tends to be a reactionary person. It is in her nature to be...somewhat abrasive at times."

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3671 on: August 07, 2012, 09:52:53 PM »
Parker nods to Esreth and says, "I know." He looks past her eyes and says to Terenia, "Just know you don't have sulk alone. Isolation isn't always the answer." He nods at Gene, "We'll be here if you feel like talking again." His gaze shifts back to Esreth's eyes and says with a smile, "I hope to continue our conversation as well, don't be too long." Parker stays where he is, hoping Terenia will join them again and not walk away. He waits for Terenia's movement before he makes his own.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3672 on: August 08, 2012, 12:17:25 PM »
<<I like how he assumes that if I'm going to talk to someone I'm going to choose him,>> Terenia seethes silently. <<I barely know him!>>

<<An assumption and an offer are not the same things, Terenia,>> Esreth murmurs. She gives Parker a small smile. "I need to replenish my drink," she says, moving back to her abandoned stool and waving the bartender over. She stays firmly in control, for the time being.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3673 on: August 08, 2012, 12:57:09 PM »
Jocun didn't want to follow Terenia, as she obviously needed space. He didn't know if it was a good time to talk to Parker about what made Jocun rub him wrong. He poked around his plate with his fork for any last morsels of food, mulling things over.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3674 on: August 08, 2012, 03:47:44 PM »
Parker smiled and sat back down in his seat. He kept his helmet on his lap, holding it to his leg with his left hand. He reclaimed his drink and finished off his glass. He holds up the empty glass as a signal to the bartender and says, "Another clean one if you would."

He sets the glass down and asks Gene, "So Gene, if I may ask, what do you do to keep busy on the base?" He hopes to get the conversation back on track; maybe move past what had just happened.