Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 224259 times)

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #5085 on: July 19, 2016, 10:54:02 AM »
Jeffrey is a bizarre case in and of itself. X3 Basically, a while back, I was asked to come in on a joint writing project between a very dear Beloved of mine and a complete stranger two years ago. Why? Because it looked like fun, and because that Beloved was being asked to play a possessive and possibly insane supervillain father who the main character needs to get away from. I immediately went, "Pffft, yeah, I am the most qualified person really to play that sort of entity" and jumped in and took the character. :D

I was asked to differentiate between two versions of the character so that they'd appear to be two different people (But weren't) and what I immediately hit on was making the supervillain version utterly axe crazy and creepy, Kefka or Joker-esque, and the "Void" version Mar. And the result was a person and a character who actually is neither, and both, and comes from a very different place and with a lot more limitations.

What's fun is that because of this eclectic process...some form of Ossanlin made it into my soul, and the story, too. :}

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #5086 on: July 19, 2016, 10:58:30 AM »
Temrash was a pissant, huh? Fine. I'll take it. I've badgered Jessie's baby enough, it would be rude not to take criticism of my baby too. :P

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5087 on: July 19, 2016, 11:02:29 AM »
Well to be entirely fair to him, "pissant" describes almost everyone who ever enters the Galaxy's Edge Space Bar. The Bartender seems to summon, other than Ossanlin and Claxter and a few others who appear to be the person equivalent of damage control, mostly crazy ****s. XD

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #5088 on: July 19, 2016, 11:25:09 AM »
Yeah, he knows how to pick them. Part of the reason Claxter and temrash were as nice as they were was because I didn't wan to kill other people's characters.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5089 on: July 19, 2016, 02:49:00 PM »
Temrash was a pissant, huh? Fine. I'll take it. I've badgered Jessie's baby enough, it would be rude not to take criticism of my baby too. :P

Can I badger you for not knowing how to spell my name after this many years? :P
Yeah, he knows how to pick them. Part of the reason Claxter and temrash were as nice as they were was because I didn't wan to kill other people's characters.

I wouldn't worry about that. You can't kill other people's characters without it counting as god modding, and we're all experienced enough here to know better than to just off other people's charas at random...even if it makes sense, lol.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #5090 on: July 19, 2016, 02:59:28 PM »
We're in Latvia!

...that is all.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #5091 on: July 19, 2016, 03:31:45 PM »

Can I badger you for not knowing how to spell my name after this many years? :P

I wouldn't worry about that. You can't kill other people's characters without it counting as god modding, and we're all experienced enough here to know better than to just off other people's charas at random...even if it makes sense, lol.

Frankly I've forgotten some of your real names because it's been a while. Sorry if I got it wrong.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5092 on: July 19, 2016, 09:39:31 PM »
It's fine, Chad, I'm just teasing. :P I'm used to going by Terenia or T online (though that does get a bet confusing when Tara goes as 'T' as well). It's Jessi, no 'e'. But Terenia works just fine. :D

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5093 on: July 19, 2016, 09:42:17 PM »
Jeez, you're almost as picky about that as I am with my username :P

So we made it to Boston alright. Probably not gonna be able to post much while I'm here, since we'll be keeping fairly busy the whole time. Seeing a Red Sox game tomorrow, that should be fun. Anyway, I'll try to get in at least one or two posts a day still :)

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to research a Guitar Center that I heard is close to Fenway . . .

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5094 on: July 19, 2016, 09:48:25 PM »

So we made it to Boston alright. Probably not gonna be able to post much while I'm here, since we'll be keeping fairly busy the whole time. Seeing a Red Sox game tomorrow, that should be fun. Anyway, I'll try to get in at least one or two posts a day still :)

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to research a Guitar Center that I heard is close to Fenway . . .

Ooh, have fun at the game!

And yeah, my name has been a point of contention with teachers my entire life. Everyone wants to write "Jessie" and it drives me crazy. I'll take Jess, but for some reason the 'ie' drives me nuts. I think it's because I knew several people in middle school named Jessie and they were all terrible people.

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #5095 on: July 19, 2016, 11:11:28 PM »

I know EXACTLY where that Guitar Center is, it's like my dad's favorite place in the world! :D

Have fun in Boston, go Sox!

And I'm waiting on Luke to post, because I want him to have time to respond to...raptors. Boarding a plane to Poland in a few minutes...!

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5096 on: July 19, 2016, 11:18:23 PM »
Damn, have fun in Poland, guys :D Yeah, I used to be a huge Sox fan when I was younger, but I stopped paying attention to baseball around the time I turned 13. Still love to go see games, though. One of these days, I plan on getting a ticket for the nosebleed section for some team and just chill for the whole game.

And yeah, I'm way more excited for GC than I should be. Hell, I brought a bunch of FX pedals to sell just in case we happened to find an instrument store here :P Might see if I can find a cheap guitar to mod when I get home or something, I dunno. Already having a blast, that's for sure!

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #5097 on: July 20, 2016, 04:46:14 AM »
I guess Ossanlin just stood in the corner the entire time?  idk...how do you guys want me to play it?  Looks like I already missed out on all the action.  Which is not something Ossanlin would've stood idly by for.  Again, idk...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 04:54:25 AM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5098 on: July 20, 2016, 09:08:44 AM »
Aw, come on Oss, this sort of thing awkwardly happens all the time in the GESB! XD He was either in on it and didn't see an opening, or he went outside to check something on his comm/went to the little War Prince's room. << >>; *I am bad*

Basically, if we end up in this scenario, find any way you can to explain in character why the character was gone, like we always did. :)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #5099 on: July 20, 2016, 09:41:58 AM »
Sorry Oss.

Ani-Master 2014!