Author Topic: Few questions...  (Read 3309 times)

Offline Starsword

Re: Few questions...
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 10:45:06 PM »
Maybe the DNA is less stable and breaks down when exposed to high levels of radiation? I know nothing about biology, so I'm just making stuff up. No X-rays for the Animorphs, but they wouldn't need them anyway.
Until then we fight.

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2008, 05:55:43 AM »
Need? of course not...
But you know rolists... they do EVERYTHING they can do! lol It's why my Xav' asked me strange questions I can't answer to =_=' He already thinks about the stupid and useless things the players must do... and it's good, in a way...
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline daspudding

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2008, 11:49:52 AM »
That is an interesting concept.  I attempted to look some of this up and what it looks like is that if someone is afflicted with radiation poisoning, one of four things happen:  Rupture of the strand, alteration to bases, destruction of sugars, crosslinks and formation of dimers.  Basically what this sounds like is the breakdown of whatever DNA exists in your blood.  Somehow I would think this would just kill an Animorph like every other person.  I believe it would not be different under the assumption that nothing crazy would happen to a person who accepted a blood transfusion if they suffered from radiation poisoning.  I suppose this would really depend on how stored DNA in an Animorph interacts with their human DNA though.....entirely speculation.

As far as howlers go.  I don't think howler's sleep or drop guard, so I don't know how a Yeerk would make it's way inside one, presuming they have ears.  Obviously a Yeerk would do this to exploit their howling ability, but I don't think that being inside it's head would make it any less susceptible to the howl.

My first post, not big on introductions, but my name is Chris, and I just discovered this place and I like it a lot.  So hopefully I'll be around more often.

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2008, 08:00:41 AM »
Welcome Chris! You can go in the presentation topic ^_^ And thanks for your participation...
I still don't know what I'll do with those Howlers lol but I think about the radiations, I'll just make the characters die >_<
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2015, 11:39:25 PM »
Maybe the DNA is less stable and breaks down when exposed to high levels of radiation? I know nothing about biology, so I'm just making stuff up. No X-rays for the Animorphs, but they wouldn't need them anyway.

Plot Bunny: After being exposed to radiation, Marco morphs into a two-headed cobra.

Offline Dylan

• Jeremy Jason McCole's #1 Fan
  • Xtreme Member
  • Do you just hate trashcans?
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2015, 11:56:16 PM »
What happens when V3 morphed into that eight headed space dragon in 1 and 46? Does his mind go to all of the heads or does he just control one head? :p
Waffles. Nuf' Said.
2015: Best Newcomer to RAF
2015: Most Insane Member

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2015, 05:10:46 PM »
What happens when V3 morphed into that eight headed space dragon in 1 and 46? Does his mind go to all of the heads or does he just control one head? :p

I'm assuming that he controlled all the heads.  What good is a many headed monster is you can only control one head?