Author Topic: Andalite Blood  (Read 495 times)

Offline Tim Bruening

Andalite Blood
« on: June 24, 2015, 06:17:28 PM »
According to "The Sickness", Andalites have blue black blood.  I bet that Terran mosquitos and fleas would not be able to nourish themselves on Andalite blood!

Offline Quaf

• Andre, the seventh animorph
  • Gold Donor
  • be excellent to each other and party on dudes
Re: Andalite Blood
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 11:23:36 PM »
... your point?
Well, I'm the boss... Head Honcho. El Numero Uno. Mr. Big. The Godfather. Lord of the Rings. The Bourne... Identity. Er... Taxi Driver. Jaws. I forgot the question quite a while back. Who are you, again?

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 12:00:37 AM »
... your point?

I have read of Animorphs morphing small insects and hitch hiking rides on Visser 3.  Until I read about the blue black Andalite blood, I was imagining Animorphs feeding ON Visser 3!

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 01:02:51 PM »
According to "The Sickness", Andalites have blue black blood.  I bet that Terran mosquitos and fleas would not be able to nourish themselves on Andalite blood!

I was wrong!  PP 173-175 of Megamorphs 1: A flea bites Ax on the arm.  He acquires it and morphs it.  As he morphs the flea, he feels two long teeth shoot out of his mouth, and realizes that those teeth were how the flea had penetrated his skin to drink his blood.  He wonders why a flea would have a taste for Andalite blood.

I also wonder why a Terran flea would want to drink Andalite blood, given that Andalite blood is so different from human blood that its blue black as per "The Sickness".

Offline Dylan

• Jeremy Jason McCole's #1 Fan
  • Xtreme Member
  • Do you just hate trashcans?
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 01:29:25 PM »
okaaaaaaaaay then  :shrug:
Waffles. Nuf' Said.
2015: Best Newcomer to RAF
2015: Most Insane Member

Offline vivaria

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 10:42:16 PM »
I remember a fanartist asking about alien blood colors awhile back but I had trouble/was too lazy with finding where it said what they were in the books. Good find.

After rereading the first book, apparently Taxxon blood is yellow-ish and gooey?