Author Topic: MidMorph (Animorphs/Doctor Who fanfic)  (Read 4774 times)

Offline poparena

Re: MidMorph (Animorphs/Doctor Who fanfic)
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2011, 11:50:50 AM »
Hey DZ, if you want I can write you a "Doctor Who for Beginners" thing to help you understand the Doctor Who part of the crossover.
Winner, Best RAFproject 2011

THE OPINIONATED ANIMORPHS BOOK GUIDE

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2011, 12:10:51 PM »

Sure. I'm planning to send you a message anyway. Just send it on the return PM.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 02:21:49 PM »
The man who just spoke to Jake was The Doctor (the latest version of him anyway), but I'm sure Poparena has probably explained that by now.

Very interesting seeing an alternate timeline, one where the Yeerks presumeably never found Earth. I wonder if the Yeerks even exist in this timeline? The part about the Hork-Bajir homeworld being protected makes me suspect that the Yeerks haven't been there either. It's nice seeing The Doctor interact with a Hork-Bajr, I can definitely imagine him getting along well with their species.

Looking forward to seeing more, really enjoying the story so far.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline poparena

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, 04:48:21 PM »
The biofilter passed the ****tail lounge, disintegrating any organic not registered in its databanks, including bacterium and pollen, as well as Miss Gordswith's leather handbag that she forget to tag when she checked in. If you were to pass by the ****tail lounge at that moment, you would not see the Doctor, his companions or the Hork-Bajir, just the bloated blue blob that was Princess Maiwos and the bidders, had the auction actually happened. All five of them were staring at Princess Maiwos with interest. One did not have to be an exozoologist to know that the Princess was clearly uncomfortable. Finally, with one long wet belch, the Princess vomited up the Doctor, Amy, Rory and the Hork-Bajir at the same time. They landed hard, covered in slime.

"Ew! Ew ew ew ew ew!" Amy cried, wiping gunk out of her eyes. "I was eaten! Again!"

"Was that really necessary?" Rory asked, wringing unidentifable stuff from his hair.

"Biofilter safety precaution," the Doctor said, helping the Hork-Bajir clean itself off. "Commercial biofilters can't eliminate unregistered lifeforms if they're inside another life form. That way it doesn't accidentally disintegrate unborn babies or antibodies or anything like that." Suddenly, Amy began to realize that her wedding dress was letting off a light smoke.

"Um, Doctor?" she said.

"Oh, right, our clothes are starting to get digested. Best get back to the TARDIS and get a fresh set and a shower."

"There's still the matter of the Seventh Obelisk!" the Sontaran yelled, pounding his fist against his chest for no apparent reason.

"Well, it ain't here, so you better scram," the Doctor said, starting for the door. The Sontaran reached out and grabbed his arm.

"If the Sontarans cannot have the Seventh Obelisk, then we shall have to make due with you, Doctor!" Suddenly, the Kroton began to approach them, its feet thuddering against the floor as it walked.

"THE-DOC-TOR-SHALL-BE-TA-KEN-TO-THE-KRO-TON-INT-TEL-I-GENCE!" The Kroton growled, lifting up one its arms where a crystal spike seemed be forming. On cue, the Hawjabran snagged Amy's dress with on its robotic claws while the Inner Worlder slammed Rory in the back, forcing him to the ground. The Helmacron ship was darting back and forth, not sure who to shoot first. The Hork-Bajir just stood there, confused.

"You will stop this at once," the Princess demanded, but her cries fell on deaf ears.

"Amy, Rory," the Doctor said quietly. "When I say run, run like rabbits... RUN!" The Doctor gave a hard tug, and the partly-digested tuxedo sleeve ripped away, causing the Sontaran to fall backwards into the Kroton. Off balance, the Kroton fired his crystal projectile, accidentally striking the Helmacron ship, causing it to explode. Amy managed to get away from the Hawjabran just before the fireball that was the Helmacrons came crashing down into it. Now on fire, the Hawjabran began to thrash around violently, accidentally striking the Inner Worlder, the strength of the Hawjabran's robotic arm sending the Inner Worlder hurtling across the room into the wall, leaving a large dent. Rory quickly got up, the Doctor grabbing the Hork-Bajir's hand, and the four of them rushed out of the ****tail lounge into the Orient Express' dining area.

Their clothes melted away and fell off as they ran. By the time they reached the TARDIS in the lady's bathroom, Rory's entire jacket had become soup, while Amy's dress was now rags. They dashed into the TARDIS, the Doctor running to the console and pulling out a long hose from who knows where. The Doctor started the water and began to wash down his companions and the Hork-Bajir, who didn't seem all that effected by the Princess' digestive juices.

"There!" the Doctor, smiling at his handwork. Two wet, miserable humans in ruined wedding clothes. "I have to say, this has been one smashing wedding"

---

The Helmacron warriors were lucky they have passed the sleeve by the time all of this had happened. They were now resting somewhere on the Doctor's shoulder, carefully avoiding the corrosive material the Doctor had dunked himself in. Ha, the Doctor thought he could defeat the Helmacrons with acid? They were the greatest of Helmacron warriors, trained specially for a mission like this! However, communicating with their ship had been cut off not too long ago. Did the Doctor destroy it? No, impossible, the might of the Helmacrons are unmatched! Victory!

---

The sound of wheezing engines signaled the arrival of the TARDIS, causing some spooked Chadoo to scatter. The TARDIS materialized in a rare bit of flat ground on the Hork-Bajir homeworld, nestled between two giant roots of a tree. The Doctor opened the door and smiled, leading the Hork-Bajir out by the hand. He and his companions all had a fresh change of clothes. Amy wasn't sure, but she sensed shock and relief in the Hork-Bajir's expression at seeing its home again. It was one of the more beautiful planets Amy had ever been to. Giant trees that stretched up to the heavens, trees that made redwoods look like toothpicks. The ground was soft and had a gradual slope downwards, eventually leading into an area of blue mist. There were the sounds of alien wildlife all around her. The planet felt pure, untouched, perfect.

The Hork-Bajir took a look around, then back at the Doctor, pulling him in so they could press foreheads again. Finally, it bounded off, climbing the tree like a monkey, and was soon out of sight. The Doctor chuckled.

"Oh, what a beauty," he said. "Shame she'll never speak again, but at least she's home."

"It's terrible what they did to her," Rory agreed, just as taken by the planet as Amy was. "So, what do we do now? Hunt down whoever stole the Seventh Obelisk?"

"I'll do the hunting," the Doctor said. "You two still need a proper honeymoon!"

"Oi, you're not leaving us behind!" Amy said with a huff.

"Now, Amy, that's not fair to Rory." The Doctor winked. "Look, I know just the thing. A proper intergalactic cruise, sailing to thirty-five of the most beautiful vacation planets in the galaxy! I even have a coupon!" The Doctor pulled out a bit of paper and waved it about. "You two enjoy yourselves while I do some sleuthing." Amy sighed and smiled.

"Oh, all right." The three of them reentered the TARDIS, closing the door behind them.

"Right, just have to remember the coordinates for the Delta Spacelines station." The Doctor fiddled with a few knobs, punched a few numbers into the keyboard control panel, pressed down a lever and the TARDIS began to take off, its glass column moving up and down in rhythm with the noises of the engine. Eventually, the TARDIS stopped with a thud. "And here we are."

Rory opened the door, only to reveal empty space and stars. Thankfully, the TARDIS's air shield kept them from being sucked into the vacuum of space.

"Um, Doctor," Rory said. The Doctor walked up to the door and peered out, confused.

"No, this is the right place. I must have gotten the time coordinates wrong, we must be in a time before the station was built. Well, no matter, I can fix that easy." But before the Doctor could turn around to get back to the controls, a huge ship began to fly into view. It was hard to tell from here, but Rory assumed it was pretty large, about the size of a skyscraper. It was shaped a bit like a mushroom, with the stem being a collection of metal engines. The dome was another matter, it was transparent, and inside was what appeared to be an alien landscape. As the ship got closer, Rory and Amy could make out more and more details. Fields of multicolored grass, strange asparagus-looking trees, and several blue creatures, too small to make out clearly, running about. Amy turned to the Doctor, who was frowning. Actually, take that back, he looked like he was afraid.

"Doctor, what is it?" Amy asked.

"Andalites," the Doctor said. Yes, he was afraid.

---

COMING NEXT
CHAPTER FOUR: SEEROW'S OTHER KINDNESS

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2011, 06:24:23 PM »
Clever how you got around the biofilter, should've seen that coming. I'm curious to find out why The Doctor would be afraid of Andalites...

NateSean

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2011, 12:22:50 PM »
I could see the Andalites and the Gallifreyans getting along like two little girls at a tea party...the Boston Tea Party.

Subtle reference out of the way, I actually like this.

In a crossover, the killer for me is when the writer takes too much time introducing the characters to one another. It was cool with the Jetsons Meet the Flintstones because the audience is seeing all of the differences between the two families. In a story a lot more subtlety is needed and you have that skill for subtly blending the two universes together.

It never feels forced. And using the under lying plot of The Doctor being the only remaining time travelling guardian of the universe and effortlessly working the Hawjebran, the Hork-Bajir and the Gleet biofilters into the Whoverse was a stroke of genius.

To Zakryn: Patience my friend.

And "The boy Who Never Was" was Tobias. Hence why Tobias is a four year old boy and not the same age as the Animorphs. Poparena theorized in his follow up to the review of Animorphs Book 23: The Pretender that the Ellemist screwed with Elfangor and Loren's timeline pretty significantly to get Tobias in with the Animorphs. IE: Making Loren almost eighteen when she was closer to fourteen or fifteen in human years.

The chapter story reflects on some of Pop's observations, including Rachel's reactions to Tobias.

Oh and here's a link that explains Doctor Who pretty nicely to the uninitiated. http://blip.tv/sf-debris-opinionated-reviews/doctor-who-101-5123833

Offline poparena

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2011, 03:10:22 PM »
Chapter Four: Seerow's Other Kindness

My name is Rachel.

I can't tell you my last name or where I live. It's too dangerous. If the Yeerks ever found out, they'd look for us, they'd find us and they would make us their slaves. Believe me, that's not a good thing. Jake knows, he was a Controller for a little bit. I know, I just saw a future where the Yeerks had conquered Earth and I had become Visser Three's finest warrior. Perhaps the worst thing about being a Controller is being made something you're not, to be forced to do something that you would never do in a million years. Even if you're freed from Yeerk control, you still have blood on your hands, even if you were not the one to spill it.

It's a fate I wouldn't wish on anyone, especially those close to me. So, I have to be careful, careful not to leave any clues behind, because the Yeerks are looking for us, and as I looked down at the wreckage on the street below, I knew they would be looking for us even harder now.

Police cars and a fire truck surrounded what used to be the Kandrona, the source of Kandrona rays the Yeerks needed to survive. We had successfully fought our way into the Yeerk base inside the EGS Tower and had pushed the entire thing out a window, falling sixty stories to the ground below. Thankfully, it had been early, so there had been no pedestrians about. All six of us were perched on top of the building across the street from the EGS, watching the scene below with our superior bird vision.

<Do you think those cops are Controllers?> Cassie asked.

<I hope not. If this is the real police, then maybe some of that smashed alien technology might start circulating through the government and clue them off about the invasion,> Marco replied.

<I doubt this,> Ax said. <While the Kandrona is advanced technology when compared to Earth's, its individual parts are not.>

<They'll probably think its some kind of experimental tanning booth,> I said to no one in particular. Fire fighters were starting to drag pieces of the Kandrona into a dump truck.

<Still, even if they never figure out what that thing was, this... this feels good,> Jake said. He was right. It had been a few months since Elfangor has landed in the construction site and gave us the power to morph, but despite our efforts, we had only one success against the Yeerks, the destruction of a large supply ship, and that had been purely by accident, Tobias had managed to destroy just the right console at just the right time, and we all barely escaped with our lives. The destruction of the Kandrona was our first true victory, the first time we set out with a goal and succeeded. And it was a huge victory as well. It would take all of three weeks for the Yeerks to replace the Kandrona, which meant thousands of those little slugs were at risk of starving to death.

<Hey, who's that?> Tobias said. It took me a moment to figure out what he was looking at, but eventually I focused on three people who were making a mad dash for the front doors of the EGS Tower, trying to dodge police who were trying to keep them away from the wreckage. The man in the lead was wearing some kind of tweed jacket that looked to be a replica. The style was 1920s, but the jacket looked brand new. Following him was a beautiful red-headed woman and a young man. Now, those fashions looked fresh, like something ten years ahead of its time. They were holding hands, and even all the way up here, I could spot the tiny wedding rings on their fingers. The man in the lead dived between officers with a weird, awkward grace, like a drunken ballerina, clearing a path for the other two to get through.

Eventually, the three of them made it to the front doors and slipped inside. That was the last we saw of them.

<Weird,> Jake said.

<Controllers?> Cassie asked.

<Yeah, probably trying to get things under control,> Marco said. We watched for a few more minutes, but when it became clearly nothing else was going to happen, we flew off. We didn't know just how hard we had hurt the Yeerks, but we did know one thing: We were going to celebrate with milkshakes.

Offline bsrb13

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2011, 04:40:21 AM »
second post here because i just found a reason to in this story!

i love the animorphs, and dr. who, and i'm loving this so much. although david tennent is my favorite doctor, i'm good with matt smith too, lol.

i eagerly look forward to the next chapter.

is this whole story going to involve multiple timelines/universes? if so, i'll have to reread because it gets confusing for me, lol.

edit to fix post # error..woops.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 04:47:52 AM by bsrb13 »

Offline SitsInCorner1!

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2012, 06:31:49 AM »
Just have to say that I'm really enjoying this story. Doctor Who and Animorphs belong together.  :-]

Offline poparena

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2012, 02:10:45 PM »
Aaaaaand I'm back to this...longer parts to come during the weekend

---

<So, what is it?>

<Hard to say. There is definitively some form of energy fluctuating from it, energy that would suggest...>

<Yes?>

<It has the same signatures as a super nova on the brink of implosion into a black hole.>

<What? How is that possible?>

<I don't know. Perhaps something is causing errors with the sensors.>

<Well, it's not a ship, it's too small. An escape pod, perhaps?>

<Perhaps. Or an explosive.>

<Yes. All right, grab in it in the tractor beam and hold it in place. We'll send a fighter in to examine it up close, but everyone, be prepared to jump into Z-Space at moment's notice.>

<Yes, Prince Alloran.>

<I'll say this much, though. I like the color.>

Offline QIfry

• A 28 year old that won't grow up. Growing up sucks
    • M.O.R.P.H. - An Animorphs Fancomic Series
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2012, 06:01:19 PM »
This is probably my favorite Animorphs fanfic EVER. Crossover or otherwise! Getting two different realities at the same time? The Doctor AFRAID of Andalites? DUDE!

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2012, 06:36:04 PM »
So the Andalites have the TARDIS? This is going to be very interesting...

NateSean

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2012, 02:13:53 PM »
I felt bad about not catching up on this fic. But this is one of those instances where taking a while to finish isn't such a bad thing, because then I don't have pages and pages of text to read.

This last entry makes me wish the [spoiler]Tardis was in a human body again. [/spoiler]

Offline Noelle

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • *Insert random text*
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2012, 09:55:09 AM »
(Do you still have the Dr. Who for beginners saved somewhere?  I wouldn't mind reading it.)

Offline poparena

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2012, 12:54:30 PM »
(Do you still have the Dr. Who for beginners saved somewhere?  I wouldn't mind reading it.)

Sure, here you go:

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWvzOVTzjKg

WHO IS THE DOCTOR?

The Doctor is a 900+ year old alien from a race called the Time Lords, humanoids from the planet Gallifrey, more than 250 billion light years away from Earth. Using super advanced technology, the Time Lords became the masters of time, and ended up a race of observers, keeping a watch to make sure nothing threatened the existence of time, but doing little else, keeping a policy of non-interference. The Doctor hated the Time Lord lifestyle, he wanted to explore and have adventures, so one day, he stole on old out-of-date version of a TARDIS, the main Time Lord time machine, and became a renegade.

Like all Time Lords, the Doctor has the ability to regenerate. When he becomes mortally wounded, his cells renew and rewrite themselves, giving the Doctor a fresh body that looks totally different. This also effects his brain chemistry, so while he's still the same person with all the same memories, each version of the Doctor has their own quirks. Some versions are kinder than others, some are wittier, some are braver, but they're all still the same person. A Time Lord can regenerate a total of twelve times, giving him thirteen different bodies in total before he dies for good. The Doctor is currently on his eleventh body.

A BASIC DOCTOR TIMELINE:

The Doctor is ridiculed - Classic Doctor Who - BBC

First Doctor: A wise-but-grumpy old man kind of character. Gets fed up with the Time Lord society and steals a TARDIS. However, the TARDIS is so old and ends up breaking, among other things, its dematerialistation circuit, meaning that the Doctor could no longer control where and when he'd end up (think of it as an early version of Sliders). The Doctor took up the habit of traveling with companions. He meets the Daleks and Cybermen, and after getting his life force sucked out, he regenerates into:

Second Doctor Explains Why He Ran Away

Second Doctor: The cosmic hobo. The Doctor continues his random trips through time and space. However, he ends up in a mess far too big for him, so he's forced to call the Time Lords for help. They do, but the Doctor is captured and put on trial for his crimes, eventually being found guilty. He is sentenced to exile to 1970s Britain, his TARDIS made non-functional, making it so he can no longer trial. The Time Lords force him to regenerate as part of his punishment, turning him into:

Doctor Who: Jo Grant's first time in the TARDIS

Third Doctor: A sophisticated man of science. The Doctor offers his service to a UN military unit called, er, UNIT as their scientific adviser. The Doctor crosses paths with another renegade Time Lord called the Master as well as the Autons and the Sontarans. The Time Lords begin to ask favors of the Doctor, and after he saves the Time Lords from a being known as Omega, they release him from his exile and give him the parts to repair his TARDIS, giving the Doctor full control over where he goes for the first time in the series. The Doctor makes a heroic sacrifice and becomes:

Doctor Who - The Face of Evil - Deadly Jelly Baby

Fourth Doctor: A charming fun-loving fellow, all teeth and curls. The Doctor travels the universe with reckless abandoned, though he still gets called in to do the occasional favor for the Time Lords as a kind of probation. At one point, the Doctor saves Gallifrey from a Sontaran invasion, and is made the President of Gallifrey for it. He hates the job, and quickly abandons it. The Doctor eventually crosses paths with two near-omnipotent beings known as the White and Black Guardians, who are both warring over a powerful device known as the Key to Time. The Doctor ends up taking a bad fall and becomes:

The Fifth Doctor and the Cybermen

Fifth Doctor: A much more gentle Doctor. The Doctor continues to travel, but his life is shook up when one of his companions, Adric, is killed. He finally defeats the Black Guardian. He gets poisoned and turns into:

doctor who has a new face

Sixth Doctor: The most violent and egotistic of the Doctors. At one point, he's put on trial again, but this turns out to be a sham trial put up by a mysterious figure known as the Valeyard. The Doctor reveals the trial for what it is and is found not guilty this time. He gets attacked by another renegade Time Lord (or Time Lady, in this case) known as the Rani, regenerating into:

Doctor Who Classic Finale

Seventh Doctor: The chess master, a man who is always three steps ahead of his opponent. The Doctor eventually destroys the planet of Skaro, the home world of the Daleks, which kicks off the Dalek/Time Lord war. The Doctor is accidentally shot, becoming:

Doctor Who 1996- These Shoes

Eighth Doctor: The perfect gentleman. During this time, the Dalek/Time Lord war threatens the entire universe, and the Doctor realizes the Time Lords have become truly corrupt. After using up every other option, the Doctor is forced to destroy both the Daleks and the Time Lords, making him the last of his kind. He regenerates into:

The Doctor Says No

Ninth Doctor: The mad bomber. This Doctor suffered a bit of shell-shock from the war and was just a tad mad. Over the course of time, however, he begins to recover from his survivors guilt, but it doesn't help when he discovers the Daleks weren't all destroyed after all. The Doctor regenerates with a smile into:

Fury of a Time Lord

Tenth Doctor: A nerdy bright fellow. The Doctor comes across the Weeping Angels. He falls in love with a woman named Rose, but she ends up trapped in another dimension. Eventually, he regenerates into:

Doctor Who- Eleven "I'm the doctor, basically, RUN!"

Eleventh Doctor: An old professor in a young man's body. At some point in the future, someone blows up the TARDIS, causing cracks to form around time and eat away at reality. The Doctor and his companions, Amy and Rory, end up rebooting the universe, Big Bang 2.0 if you will. More happens after that, but that's where my fanfic begins.

WHAT IS THE TARDIS?

TARDIS is short for Time And Relative Dimension in Space. It is the main means of time travel for the Time Lords, teleporting itself to any point in space and time. The one the Doctor uses is a Type 40, an antique model that the Doctor stole from a museum. The TARDIS is powered by forming a link with an artificial black hole called the Eye of Harmony. Thanks to quantum mechanics, the TARDIS is bigger on the inside, in fact it's huge, with hundreds of different rooms including bedrooms, a library, a wardrobe, a swimming pool, a room full of nothing but butterflies, and several different control rooms.

The TARDIS is actually a living machine, the core of it grown from special Gallifrey coral. While unable to communicate, the TARDIS has something one might call a soul. The TARDIS has something called a chameleon circuit, a cloaking device that disguises its exterior to blend in with its surroundings. However, the one on the Doctor's TARDIS is broken, keeping it stuck in the form of a police box from 1963 (police boxes were miniature police stations used in the UK from the 19th century till the early 1970s).

WHO ARE AMY AND RORY?

The Doctor has traveled with many companions over the years, the most recent of which are Amy Pond and Rory Williams. The Doctor had accidentally crashed his TARDIS into Amy's front yard in the early 90s, back when Amy was a child. The Doctor met and came to like Amy, and promised to take her on his travels, but a malfunction causes the TARDIS to jump ahead more than twelve years later. During that time, Amy is treated by psychologists who are convinced the Doctor is just a figment of Amy's imagination. She ends up dating a nurse named Rory, who asks her to marry him. Eventually, the Doctor returns, and both Amy (whom gains the nickname "The Girl Who Waited") and Rory become the Doctor's companions. At one point, Rory dies, but his soul is transplanted into a plastic body in Roman times (long story) and he ends up waiting more than two thousand years to reunite with Amy. Rory's body is restored with Big Bang 2.0, and the two of them finally get married, making them the first married couple to travel with the Doctor.

WHAT IS UNIT?

United Nations Intelligence Taskforce. They'll be important later in the fanfic. Often an ally for the Doctor, UNIT was created in the last 1960s as a military force to investigate and fight off various alien invaders and the odd mad scientist. Think of them as the army version of the X-Files. From it's beginning to the 1980s, UNIT was led by the Doctor's close friend, Brigadier Alistair Lethbridge-Stewart, who stepped down to the role of consultant afterwards.

WHAT IS TORCHWOOD?

Think of Torchwood as UNIT's darker cousin. A purely Britain establishment, Torchwood is a secret organization who specializes in taking alien technology and adapting them for human use, usually to advance human weaponry. Unlike UNIT, Torchwood considers the Doctor an enemy.

WHO ARE THE DOCTOR'S GREATEST ENEMIES?

Daleks- Space Nazies would be the short answer. Daleks are evil incarnate, an unstoppable military force whose mission is to destroy everything that isn't Dalek. Daleks are slimy genetically-engineered squid-like monsters who drive around in personal robotic tanks, armed with powerful laser weapons and protected by heavy armor and force fields. Daleks are not invincible, but are huge in number. Created on the planet Skaro as a weapon by a mad scientist named Davros, the Daleks ended up destroying their makers. However, power supply issues limited them from leaving their planet, a problem they eventually overcame, but nobody knows how (this will be important for the fanfic).

Cybermen- Humanoids beings from a farway planet that were forced to replace their bodies with robotic parts to survive, but this caused them to lose their emotions, turning them into unfeeling creatures. Cybermen are kind of like an early version of the Borg, capable to turning anything they capture into fellow Cybermen.

The Master- A fellow renegade Time Lord, who instead of seeking freedom and adventure like the Doctor when seeking power and immortality. Like all Time Lords, the Master has regenerated several times.

Sontarans- Cloned super soldiers who love war. Not much to say beyond that, really.

Autons- Alien beings of living plastic.

Krotons- Alien beings of living crystal.

Weeping Angels- When you look at them, they turn into stone statues of angels. However, if you turn your back or blink, they start to move again. Weeping Angels feed off time energy, and their touch can send someone to a random point in time.

WHAT IS THE SONIC SCREWDRIVER?

Sonic screwdrivers are the main tools of the Doctor. He's used several over the years, each with different functions. Sonic screwdrivers mainly alter things with sound waves, allowing the Doctor to undue screws remotely, unlock both standard and electronic locks, and interfere with electronic gadgets. More advanced models can scan energy fields and be used as beacons.

And that should do it for ya'. If you have any other questions, don't be afraid to ask. :)[/spoiler]