Animorphs Section > Animorphs Forum Classic

If david stayed...

(1/11) > >>

morfowt:
How do you think the series would be like if David didn't turn on the animorphs? One possibility, david could be rachel's backup during the battle in #54 and rachel might survive. Of course, a lot happens in between, so what do you think might happen?

StormRider:
What if Tom wasn't a controller?  What if Visser Three wasn't insane-in-the-membrane?  What if Homer had rabies?

It iz what it iz, yo.

morfowt:
so? I'm just asking what do you think the possibilities are?

Essam 293:
I think David would've turned on them eventually either way. I always felt that his betrayal came too early in the series. His challenges against Jake's authority in the group should've been played out a bit more, and he should've felt like part of the family (like how Ax became) before he turned on them. It would've made a much bigger impact when his betrayal finally did come.

In fact, I probably would've held off on his betrayal as late as #49, when the Animorphs find out that the Yeerks know that they are human. Especially in the scene where Jake finds out his parents and Tom are controllers. It would've been a complete shocker if it turned out that all of a sudden David was an aid to the Yeerks in that plan (maybe he becomes a Yeerk-free double agent for Visser Three or something a few books back?)

It could've worked with the plot on David's misguided blaming of Jake and the Animorphs for the loss of his parents and his life for the Escafil Device, and getting even with Jake for that by taking his family away too (and attempting to take the families away from the rest of the Animorphs at the same time). Heck, I always felt that David had more of a potential of being Jake's arch nemesis than Rachel's.

Anyways, there are a lot of possibilities of where it would've ended up if David had stuck around a bit longer, either as a ally or an enemy. To me though, the way things turned out with him being exposed and his parents and his life being taken away in an instant, his character really only had two major options of where he would end up: Either he would've manned up and been more determined to take out the Yeerks, or he would've ended up like the whiny brat that he did and stab the Animorphs in the back, desperately trying to strike a deal to get his parents and his life back.

StormRider:

--- Quote from: Truth on June 06, 2008, 05:16:22 AM ---I think David would've turned on them eventually either way.

--- End quote ---

Exactly.  Exactly.  If David wasn't a traitorous wretch, he'd no longer be David.  He'd be...Miguel, or Roger, or Kenji or something.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version