Author Topic: The Earth Defence Squad  (Read 1897 times)

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
The Earth Defence Squad
« on: August 12, 2009, 07:38:32 PM »
Prologue

I am the Ellimist. I have been said to be all-powerful, omnipotent, god-like; this could not be farther from the truth. True, I am on a higher plane of existence than humans or Andalites, but I am not god-like. For one thing, I could not even save the lives of five humans from the creature that Crayak called the One.

“You are a cheater, Ellimist. You know the rules!”, Crayak’s Drode repeated for what seemed like the hundredth time, “You stacked the deck!”

“I followed the rules. Tell Crayak he can do nothing about it; I have won”

“But Ellimist,” said the cruel voice of the Crayak, “look at what happened to your precious Animorphs. They were nearly all killed by the One.”

That had struck a nerve. The One was something that I had not foreseen; Crayak had been very discreetly bringing him higher and higher in power, until he had assimilated the Animorphs.

“There is a way, Ellimist, there is a way for you to save all of their lives, even your lovely Rachel,” Crayak said, “just turn back time.”

“And let the Yeerks conquer Earth? They will be worse than dead”

“Not necessarily. If you turn back the clock and choose a new set of humans to fight the invasion of Earth, a team that I approve as random enough to be fair, not only would you save them all from death at the hands of the One, but I would eliminate the One in its entirety. Think about it, Ellimist; all I am asking is that you follow the rules we have upheld for millennia. Choose five new humans to take the place of the Animorphs, and I will destroy the One.”

I thought long and hard about this. If I agreed to this, then it is possible that the Yeerks could win the Earth. On the other hand, the One could prove to be much more dangerous than it seemed.

“I accept your offer, Crayak,” I said with a deep breath, “but only if I can choose humans from another dimension”

“Who did you have in mind?”

I told him.

“I accept, but they can have no memories of these events” he said, and with a clap of his hands the timelines rearranged themselves, bringing us back to the night 5 years earlier, when Elfangor crash-landed on Earth.

Crayak’s cruel laughter filled my ears.

“You really are a crazy old man, Ellimist,” the Drode said, “the RAFians will never live up to the Animorphs.”

“You will be surprised by what they can accomplish,” I replied quietly. I watched the many intertwining timelines and found five that seemed particularly promising. Hmmn... maybe just a little tweak right here, and....
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 03:50:20 PM by Shanker »
RAFDating Marie. Jealous?

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End

Basically I put everyone who looks like a good guy in Gryffindor and everyone who looks like a bad guy in Slytherin. The rest can go wherever the hell they want, I don't care.

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
Re: The Earth Defence Squad
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 03:52:28 PM »
The Invasion

Prologue

My name is Shanker. Daniel Shanker. I’m pretty tall, 19 years old and an engineering student at McMaster University in Hamilton Ontario. It was summer and I was sitting in my room in Toronto goofing off on my computer. I signed off RAF and closed the screen of my laptop. My girlfriend wanted me to come over for dinner and my dad took the car. It wasn’t a far walk, about 20 minutes at my normal pace, but it was raining, and I really didn’t feel like walking in the rain. I stepped out of my house and locked my door, still standing under the overhang for my front porch, and ran. I figured if I could keep running for about 10 minutes, I’d probably get to her house with minimal amount of wetness. After 2 I stopped and was out of breath. The rain started to pound harder, I could barely see the street in front of me.

“Why didn’t I bring an umbrella?” I asked myself, wiping the water away from my eyes. “Because that just would have made sense.” I answered myself. I ran past the front of a car and he blared his horns as I passed by, not the smartest thing I’ve done, but hey I'm a daredevil.

Suddenly the rain stopped. So did the traffic. I looked around and could still see rain drops hanging in mid-air all around me. The cars were still on the road, they just weren’t moving. I looked closer at one of the cars, the window was open and the guy had tossed a cigarette out. It was floating about 30 centimetres above the ground the guy was completely still, his face frozen in a look of displeasure.

“What the hell is going on!” I yelled up at the sky.

“Don’t you know?” a voice said from behind me. I turned around and saw an old man standing in front of me. “It’s what you thought of when you were a child, what you wished for as you spent nights reading ourc books. Daniel, I am the Ellimist

“Get out” I said jokingly, I moved over to him and touched his shoulder, my hand passed through him. I pinched myself in the arm

“Okay Shanker, you can wake up now.”

“This is true Daniel, it is not a dream. You know how the story of the Animorphs ends. It is all true, though in an alternate dimension. Unfortunately Crayak has created a being called the One which you had glimpsed at the end of the story. The One has the ability to transcend dimensions. It is only a matter of time before it comes and destroys this one.”

“Why are you telling me all this?”

“Because Crayak and I have made a deal, and you can stop the One.”

“Why me?”

“If you choose to accept my deal, you will take the place of the Animorphs.”

“Why me Ellimist?”

“Choose now.”

“What will happen to everyone here if I accept? Will they just cease to exist? Will they die?” will they forget me, I added silently, holding back a tear.

“You will be returned to this moment when the war is over, nobody will even realize that you were gone. You and the others that I brought will be the only ones that remember the events that unfolded. However, if you were to die there, there would be nothing I could do.”

I breathed a large breath. “I accept, but I want a ****load of money given to my family for this.”

I thought I almost saw a grin spread across his old face before he turned into a bright blue light and the entire world faded into nothingness.

The world reshaped itself in front of me and I was sitting in a large room. The room was completely empty except for 5 chairs each occupied by me and 4 other people I recognized but had never met.

“And Danial makes five,” the 16 year old girl sitting beside me said, “I guess that’s everyone, welcome to the aniroom”

“Care to explain Angie?” I said to Anna. She motioned to the people sitting beside me.

“The Ellimist took us all to replace the Animorphs Shanker, weren’t you listening?” a 19 year old girl with an Australian accent said.

“Claire, I know that much, but I meant why us?” I said back.

“Isn’t it obvious?” the guy beside Claire said, “It’s just like Estelore was saying a few seconds before Shanker got here, we were picked because we’re awesome.”

“Duff, that’s not what I was saying,” Estelore said to him, “what I was saying was that we were chosen because we-”

Everything went dark.

Basically I put everyone who looks like a good guy in Gryffindor and everyone who looks like a bad guy in Slytherin. The rest can go wherever the hell they want, I don't care.

Alic

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 05:10:05 PM »
I love it.

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 06:13:34 PM »
hahaha we are awesome

Cool start shank, liking the team you have assembled lol looking forward to more

thanks for putting me in the story btw, i am honored

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 12:15:17 AM »
Kick ass already. Can't wait for more. :D
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 06:56:02 AM »
Sounds interesting Shanker, I'd like to see more of this. I'd be offended that you didn't pick me if my character wasn't already in the Animorphs universe!  ;)
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 09:56:12 AM »
It was a debate in my head between you russ and duff but I ended thinking I could write him best

Thanks for the comments guys

Offline MoppingBear

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 08:13:50 PM »
so are you planning on having cassie show up and ask wtf is going on, since she is temporally grounded and is gonna notice the change?

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 08:42:58 PM »
so are you planning on having cassie show up and ask wtf is going on, since she is temporally grounded and is gonna notice the change?

I'm guessing he'll ignore that part. It's not like fanfics have to take into account every little detail.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline MoppingBear

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 09:46:14 PM »
yeah i was just curious if he plans to utilize her.

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 10:42:03 PM »
Lol I was actually thinking about that and I may mention it later

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 09:31:20 PM »
wow, i completely forgot about this lol

i will post a new chapter hopefully next week, too busy this week

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2009, 09:37:40 PM »
nice story so far, really enjoyed it.

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2009, 09:29:39 PM »
Chapter 1

My name is Daniel. That’s my first name, obviously, I always hated it, found it too... common. There were way too many Daniels in the world and of course I ended up being stuck as one. Anyway the important thing is that I can’t tell you my last name. Now you’re probably thinking oh Daniel, why all the secrecy? What are you famous or something? Well, to that I answer, no, quite the opposite, and I’d very much like to stay that way. See if they were to find me, they’d kill me and my friends, or worse, and then there wouldn’t be anybody around to stop them. But hey, I’m getting ahead of myself right now. My story begins on a lazy Saturday in September, my classes hadn’t started at UCLA yet so I was cruising around the mall looking for a birthday gift for my mom. I picked up a bracelet that said “mom” on it and shrugged, 10 bucks for a gift and it was chalk full of sentimental value. I smiled to myself, bought it, and headed toward the entrance.

"You guys going home? You shouldn't go through the construction site by yourselves. I mean, being girls and all." I heard a kid say, probably around 13. He was talking in a group of 5 people.

"Are you going to come and protect us, you big, strong m-a-a-a-n? You think we're helpless just because - " the blonde girl said.

"I'd appreciate it if they did walk with us, I know you're not afraid of anything, Rachel, but I guess I am." The other girl interrupted.

To this day, I don't know why I said what I said, but I got an overpowering urge to say it. I turned to the group of kids and said

“Guys, you definitely shouldn't go through that construction site. My friend’s brother went through a few days ago, and he hasn’t been heard from since. I hear of drug deals going bad there all the time, people get shot and the bodies get buried.”

The kids eyes went wide. “Maybe we should just take the long way,” the Hispanic guy said. the rest of them agreed and they left. I chuckled to myself and kept walking. I almost crashed head first into Tim.

“Hey man, this is Claire, I met her earlier today at the food court. Claire, this is my buddy Daniel,” Tim said. Claire held out her hand and I took it.

“Nice to meet you Claire,” I said, shaking her hand.

“You too Daniel,” she answered in an Australian accent.

“Claire and I were just heading home, we were gonna head through the construction site,” Tim winked at me, this meant go away, I'm trying to score with her.

“Have fun guys,” I answered and started walking away.

“Did I hear you guys right?” I heard another voice say, “Tim are you really going through the construction site?” I turned to the voice and saw the strange girl I had a few classes with. I’m not sure how she knew Tim, but for some reason I never found out her name, she just always has everybody call her Estelore. “Well, I’m not going to let you guys go through the construction site on your own, you might step on a nail or something. I’m coming with you!” I saw Tim stare pleadingly at me, trying to get me to take Estelore away from him.

“Well guys, see you later, I chuckled to myself and took off.”  I looked and saw Tim, Claire and Estelore walking together, heading for the construction site. I unlocked my bike and followed suit. I passed them and waved. I cruised through the site for a few minutes and was tackled off my bike. I stood up and a 16 year old girl was lying on top of me.

“What did you do that f-“ I was cut off when a large object crashed right where I’d been seconds before, crushing my bike and sending me and mystery girl flying a good 10 feet back.

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 12:38:12 PM »
haha great chapter, storyDuff is the man lol

cool way to get the whole team together and its cool that we dont remember RAF or our real relationships, def makes things interesting

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 08:37:35 AM »
Chapter 2

I slowly stood up and looked at where I had been seconds before. If that girl hadn't pushed me out of the way I would have been crushed by what looked like a large spaceship. I looked at the girl lying on the floor, she was bleeding pretty badly. I ran to her and looked at her wound. A piece of shrapnel had lodged itself in her stomach and she was gasping for breath holding the wound.

"Help!" I called out, "Help!" I turned to the girl lying on the floor. "I'm Daniel, whats your name?" I was trying to keep her mind off of the pain.

"An-An-Anna," she managed to say through short breaths. I looked around and saw 3 figures running towards me. Tim, Claire and Estelore caught up with us. Claire gave a short and sharp shriek, and Tim looked like he was about to be sick. Estelore on the other hand, opened her back pack and pulled out a t-shirt. Estelore began tearing the shirt into strips.

"Ok Anna," She said slowly, "I'm going to pull this out on three, then put these bandages on, you will be ok if we can get you to a hospital soon. 1-2" she pulled the shrapnel out of Anna and tossed it to the side. She quickly bandaged the wound. "We need to get her to a hospital, you two," she pointed at Tim and I, "carry her." We nodded and held her up. She began walking with the two of us supporting her.

<Do not be afraid,> a voice said, but the voice was in our head. We stopped and looked over at the ship. A door had opened wide and something stepped out, then stumbled. Claire ran over to hold him up, now the only person in our little group not being held up or holding somebody up was Estelore. The thing looked like a cross between a centaur and a scorpion. it had the bottom half of a horse, and the top half of a human, but it had no mouth, and an extra set of eyes on stalks on its head. It also had a large wicked deadly looking tail with a blade on the end that looked like it could cut off your head before you could blink. He was clearly injured.

<Your world is in danger by Yeerks> we got a nasty looking image in our head of a Yeerk, it was a creepy slug thing, but not only did we get the image, we also got the feeling, the evil and hatred that came along with the Yeerk. <I want to help your planet. Earth is being attacked by Yeerks, they are able to enter somebody's head and take control. We call these people controllers, they have already taken over the Hork-Bajir, Taxxons and Gedds, and now they are after the humans.>

We got more images aliens, one with nasty looking blades, one that looked like a centipede but huge and with horibly sharp teeth, the last was a strange gorilla thing that seemed off balance.

<I have a weapon for you, hurry, in my ship, there is a blue cube. Please bring it to me.>

Estelore walked into the ship and came back a few seconds later with a box. "This it?"

<Yes. Come here humans. Let me give you the power to morph.>