Author Topic: The Sharing: Rebellion From Within  (Read 30009 times)

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
Re: The Sharing: Rebellion From Within
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2008, 06:26:46 PM »
"Oy, we've got the same name, we 'ave," Corliss grinned, shaking Michael's hand. 

"Mike, where are you going?" asked the woman Chapman was talking to earlier.  "The meeting's this way."  She smiled coolly at the little group of newcomers. 

"Yeah, well, thought I'd show these new recruits around instead.  They'll have plenty of time for meetings later," Corliss replied easily.  "Thanks anyway, Joanne."

The businesslike woman named Joanne regarded them all.  "I'm sure you're right," she said, putting on a fake smile.  "Hope you enjoy yourselves." 

As she walked away, Corliss shook his head.  "Right, that was fun."  He lightly kicked open a door to another side room, letting everyone go in.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Whammy

• Surrender or Die!
    • Persona Lascivio
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2008, 06:31:41 PM »
Madat stopped when he was told he was going the wrong way. He mumbled to himself about all the doors in the place looking exactly the same as he headed towards the group.

"Thanks for that. I don't want to be late for the meeting. So then, who are your new friends here? I'm Will by the way." He said, introducing his host to the others.

<<Its still kind of creepy to hear you say that.>> Will commented.

<<Just stop complaining about it. As far as everyone else knows you are still Will, and I must present myself as such.>>

<<I know, I know. Still, how would you like it if someone said "Hello, I'm Madat.">>

<<Well, considering there are 420 of us Madats...>>

<<Just shut up, okay?>>

Their argument was interupted by a woman telling Mike were the meeting was. It was getting really confusing about the location, but Madat just stayed cool.

"Uh, sorry, I got to go. See you all later." Madat politely said before following the woman.
Currently RAFDating Tocade. :)

“There is no genius free from some tincture of madness”-Seneca

"Great wits are sure to madness near allied - And thin partitions do their bounds divide”-John Dryden

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”-Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2008, 06:36:43 PM »
"Well...that was interesting" Michael said sarcastically.
The room was nothing special. four blank walls, polished wood floor, couple of ceiling lights, 4 windows, no furniture at all.
"So what do we sit on the floor?"

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2008, 06:37:48 PM »
"This is Aurora and Michael," said Corliss, before being interrupted by Joanne.  After she'd left, Corliss shrugged, glancing back at Will.  "Suit yourself, mate," he called as Will started to walk off.  His Yeerk's name he couldn't quite remember...somethin g with an M...he looked around for Tia, convinced she'd be joining the full member's meeting too, but he'd lost her in talking to the new humans.  He continued to hold the door open for a moment longer.  

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2008, 06:53:55 PM »
Aurora slips in the open door, giving Mike a grateful smile. She likes him, he seems pleasant and almost willing to stick up for her. Michael she isn't so sure about. His earlier comment still stung a little.

"Thank you." She says quietly, sliding up against the wall after she enters the room, trying as always to remain unnoticed.

((just so everyone knows I'm headed out for the evening, so if I reply it probably won't be for a few hours!))
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 11:02:35 PM by Terenia »

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2008, 06:57:44 PM »
((um...my character is michael. myitt's is mike. otherwise it gets confusing))

Michael was about to say something to Aurora about trying to be unnoticed, but Mike just shook his head "no". Michael doesn't seem to like the Sharing so far...

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2008, 07:41:14 PM »
(OOC: Just remember morfowt, you shouldn't be playing other people's characters x3  I'll reply for Corliss/Mike, okies? ^^)

Corliss shrugged again.  "Guess we'll 'ave to stand.  Sorry there isn't much in here," he said, leaning against a table, which was pretty much the only thing in the room besides an easel of big sheets of paper with notes scribbled on it, stuff about community meetings.  "So.  I guess you're all wondering why we're in here, yeah?"

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2008, 07:49:48 PM »
((you didn't say anything. just shook your head to say no but didn't say anything. I didn't know any other way to put it))

"Well I certainly didn't come in to see the view" Michael replied with a definite hint of sarcasm. He didn't really like standing so he walked around the room as he talked.

Offline Whammy

• Surrender or Die!
    • Persona Lascivio
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2008, 08:24:48 PM »
((Doesn't matter morfowt. You can't make someone elses character do ANYTHING, even something shaking their head.))

Will was one of the last to slip into the room, and he just quietly leaned up against the wall. Well, technically it was Madat in charge at this point, Will just just hanging out in his own mind. Between the two of them Madat was the one who could pull off a loyalty act, not Will. At times Will could be sort of patriotic about Earth, and if he was in charge of his body he could ruin everything.

"I'm guessing we start by welcoming the new girl." Madat said, motioning towards Aurora. Her presence was a good one; they couldn't plan anything with a new person around until they had been infested. And that was a pretty time-consuming process.
Currently RAFDating Tocade. :)

“There is no genius free from some tincture of madness”-Seneca

"Great wits are sure to madness near allied - And thin partitions do their bounds divide”-John Dryden

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”-Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2008, 08:33:23 PM »
((oh really? sorry. I'll remember that next time))

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2008, 09:15:36 PM »
(OOC: Corliss: Yeah that's right, I'll decide when I shake my head, yeah, see! XD  I know it's a pain in the butt to wait for a reply morfowt, but them's are the general RP courtesy rules.  ^__^  It's right after "you do not talk about RP"...sorry, random Fight Club references...x3)

"Right.  Aurora, Michael...Will, glad you could join us," said Corliss offhandedly.  "Where'd Tia go?" He glanced at the doors, for once sounding alarmed. 

<Man, I told you she'd rat us out, mate...>

<We don't know that yet,> Corliss hissed. <We haven't exactly done anything suspicious.>

<Yeah, we're just sitting in an empty room with a couple of clueless human idiots and one git you think might be Peace Movement or some other ruddy hippie,> Mike scowled.

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2008, 09:28:13 PM »
((I did say I was new at RP and could make mistakes))

"So is anyone gonna tell us what we're gonna do here?" Michael asked. The Sharing wasn't turning out at all how he imagined. "And who's Tia?"

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I'm sitting on Jesse because he is comfy! XD
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2008, 10:53:27 PM »
(( :o I really shouldn't go offline for more than a few minutes! Sorry, had a friend over and we went out for a bit.))

"I'm Tia," Tia said, entering through the doors. "Sorry for the lateness. Had to dodge Chapman. Jeeze, you'd figure after a few years, the fear and what not would wear off, but no...If anyone asks, I'm double-checking something back here. Did I miss anything?"
I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. -Rob Thomas, "I am an Illusion"

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2008, 11:05:28 PM »
Aurora offers a tentative smile to the group of them, wondering what they are all up to when she had clearly seen another group of members go towards another room. The room they are in doesn't seem to be an equipment room or for any other behind-the-scenes work. She decides to wait for an explanation instead of voicing her concerns.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2008, 11:09:38 PM »
(How dare you have a life XD  Hehe...)

Corliss looked over at Tia.  "Speak of the devil, as they say," he smirked.  "We haven't even begun yet."  He paused.  "So.  Here we are."  He crossed his arms.  "As you can probably tell, this isn't the usual kind of meeting we have here at The Sharing."  He looked over at Will and Tia in turn.  "Most of us won't waste our time entertaining a little group of newcomers unless we know it's going to be beneficial for us."  He paced a bit, eyeing some unknown spot on the ceiling.  "This isn't exactly the safest place to talk.  I just want to let you know that.  That's why I can't say much to you right now."  His gaze fell upon his two fellow Controllers again, hoping they'd be on his side...but really, ready for the worst...his hand edged toward his Dracon concealed in his jacket, just in case.  "We have a lot to talk about.  Let's go outside, shall we?"  He gestured toward the only other door in the room, marked "Exit" in glowing red, leading to the alley outside.