Author Topic: Favorite Animorphs Shipping  (Read 17521 times)

Offline YeerkSalad

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • h
Re: Favorite Animorphs Shipping
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2015, 11:45:11 AM »
URL tip: (Note that I'm using <> instead of [])
Rather than saying "<url>blahblahurlthing</url>," you can do "<url=blahblahurlthing>insert name here</url> to make it more delicious.

ex.
1. http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=11313.0
2. Dpsb5's Animorphs Collages
yeah

Offline Dylan

• Jeremy Jason McCole's #1 Fan
  • Xtreme Member
  • Do you just hate trashcans?
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2015, 11:07:33 PM »
I ship Ax/Marco too! ;D It was my first ship ever. *this song plays in the background*
https://twitter.com/MichaelGrantBks/status/662071118098857984 I think that's Canon now
Waffles. Nuf' Said.
2015: Best Newcomer to RAF
2015: Most Insane Member

guitarhero01234

« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2015, 01:26:55 PM »
Really, that says absolutely nothing about Marco and Ax. That's like saying that since you and I are both gay, we're a thing. Which if anyone is confused, no. We're not.

I never got the Marco/Ax ship at all, really. Yeah, they're the only two main characters that never had a lasting relationship, but both of them seemed pretty exclusively interested in the opposite sex. Of course, I'm not one to question Michael Grant himself on this sort of thing, but even aside from that, when did they ever show any feelings toward each other aside from being friends and partners in the war?

To me, Marco/Rachel would have made a great couple. They had a lot of moments together, especially early in the early parts of the series, and they just had great chemistry.

Offline Dylan

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2015, 06:00:43 PM »
tbh, I honestly kinda neutral when it comes to Max shipping. I mean it sounds cute and ****, but I'm pretty sure that Ax is straight (Based on 38).
Really, that says absolutely nothing about Marco and Ax. That's like saying that since you and I are both gay, we're a thing. Which if anyone is confused, no. We're not.

True. But you and YeerkSalad totally are. I ship you two like I ship the Titanic. Where you guys both drown and die.
Waffles. Nuf' Said.

SmartGirl333

« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2015, 10:37:00 PM »

I never got the Marco/Ax ship at all, really. Yeah, they're the only two main characters that never had a lasting relationship, but both of them seemed pretty exclusively interested in the opposite sex. Of course, I'm not one to question Michael Grant himself on this sort of thing, but even aside from that, when did they ever show any feelings toward each other aside from being friends and partners in the war?

To me, Marco/Rachel would have made a great couple. They had a lot of moments together, especially early in the early parts of the series, and they just had great chemistry.
There's quite a lot of subtext, but I can relate to not noticing slash subtext because of being too busy derping around with het.

I have a headcanon that Andalites don't see gender as a factor in considering relationships, but that's probably just my shipping goggles and homestuck tra****ude talking.

Offline Dylan

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2015, 10:43:22 PM »
There's quite a lot of subtext, but I can relate to not noticing slash subtext because of being too busy derping around with het.
Yeeeeeah, but that het stuff was canon. Max isn't... (or at least their not a full-fledged lovey-dovey relationship) There aren't actually a whole lot of romantic Max moments...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 10:46:38 PM by Dpsb5 »
Waffles. Nuf' Said.

SmartGirl333

« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2015, 12:03:07 AM »
Quote from: book 35
We yanked off our uniforms. I looked around frantically. Empty chair! Just one, but it would do.

"May we join you?"

It was a table full of old people in suits or dresses, depending. One of them may have been our mayor. I'm not sure.

"There's only one chair."

"It's okay, we're very good friends." I sat down and yanked Ax down onto my lap.

just let me be a yaoi fangirl and you can stick to your not-really-a-shipper normality. it takes a real shipper to extrapolate from subtext.

Offline Dylan

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2015, 12:08:43 AM »
You can take any line out of context and say it supports your ship. I've also seen it be done with Jabias (TobiasXJake, I also think that ship's cute but that's aside the point). They take random lines from the books and say it's ship supporting.

just let me be a yaoi fangirl
And no, I won't let you be a Japanese genre of fictional media focusing on romantic or sexual relationships between male characters, typically aimed at a female audience and usually created by female authors fangirl >:D
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 12:12:22 AM by Dpsb5 »
Waffles. Nuf' Said.

SmartGirl333

« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2015, 12:41:50 AM »
ok then let me ship what i want and i'll let you ship what you want is that so hard

this is the "I ship this" thread not the "your ship is wrong" thread.

Offline Dylan

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2015, 12:50:59 AM »
ok then let me ship what i want and i'll let you ship what you want is that so hard
Yes........

...OWLSALAD 4LYFE ****
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 12:57:02 AM by Dpsb5 »
Waffles. Nuf' Said.

guitarhero01234

« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2015, 01:05:54 AM »
God damn it :P

Offline menderash

« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2015, 08:16:37 PM »

Your username fits you! You're really articulate for being so young. (Also SmartGirl is twelve according to her profile so like, maybe take that into account when trying to debate her? Chill pill, guys. Let's be the responsible adults here and not tell a kid what she likes is stupid or wrong or impossible.)

I just want to offer you some support from an older shipper to a younger one, lol. Please don't let 20-30 year old people in a fandom space telling you your observations or opinions about something are wrong discourage you. What you take away from the series is just as valid as what they do, just because they can't see it doesn't mean you're pulling something out of nothing. That kind of analytical, detail-oriented mind it takes to pick apart subtext, especially in the context of looking for LGBT or other representation where there is very little, is super important to hone! It's useful even outside of fandom space! It's downright scholarly, in fact. Did you know that's a very popular thing for people who study english literature to do? It's considered perfectly academic and legitimate to read things like The Great Gatsby or some other famous novel and interpret the characters as being gay, or people of color, transgender, etc etc. A very famous interpretation of Gatsby supports decades-old theories that the narrator is gay, based on subtext. English professors and people who do that stuff for a living sign off on that interpretive reading and consider it a legitimate observation to be taken into account! I think fandom spaces should adopt these academic ideals. :P

Anyway, we're kind of outnumbered on this forum so far as actually thinking of subtext as legitimate and something to pay attention to, much less the shipper aspect. So if you wanna talk more about Animorphs shipping in a space where people won't fight you about it, you should shoot me a PM and we can chat!

Offline Dylan

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2015, 10:34:58 PM »

Your username fits you! You're really articulate for being so young. (Also SmartGirl is twelve according to her profile so like, maybe take that into account when trying to debate her? Chill pill, guys. Let's be the responsible adults here and not tell a kid what she likes is stupid or wrong or impossible.)
I know that.

Obvious Sarcasm isn't Obvious :P
Waffles. Nuf' Said.

SmartGirl333

« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2015, 11:06:32 PM »

I just want to offer you some support from an older shipper to a younger one, lol. Please don't let 20-30 year old people in a fandom space telling you your observations or opinions about something are wrong discourage you. What you take away from the series is just as valid as what they do, just because they can't see it doesn't mean you're pulling something out of nothing. That kind of analytical, detail-oriented mind it takes to pick apart subtext, especially in the context of looking for LGBT or other representation where there is very little, is super important to hone! It's useful even outside of fandom space! It's downright scholarly, in fact. Did you know that's a very popular thing for people who study english literature to do? It's considered perfectly academic and legitimate to read things like The Great Gatsby or some other famous novel and interpret the characters as being gay, or people of color, transgender, etc etc. A very famous interpretation of Gatsby supports decades-old theories that the narrator is gay, based on subtext. English professors and people who do that stuff for a living sign off on that interpretive reading and consider it a legitimate observation to be taken into account! I think fandom spaces should adopt these academic ideals. :P

Anyway, we're kind of outnumbered on this forum so far as actually thinking of subtext as legitimate and something to pay attention to, much less the shipper aspect. So if you wanna talk more about Animorphs shipping in a space where people won't fight you about it, you should shoot me a PM and we can chat!
;D

Offline Dylan

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2015, 09:36:19 PM »
I just want to offer you some support from an older shipper to a younger one, lol. Please don't let 20-30 year old people in a fandom space telling you your observations or opinions about something are wrong discourage you.
Waffles. Nuf' Said.