Author Topic: Hunter Robots  (Read 687 times)

Offline Tim Bruening

Hunter Robots
« on: August 10, 2015, 04:00:23 AM »
The Yeerks have hunter robots (First seen in Book 17).  I suggest that they use those robots to monitor every zoo and animal treatment center in the area in case "Andalte Bandits" sneak in to acquire morphs!

Offline Redtailednothlit

Re: Hunter Robots
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 01:30:55 AM »
Except,
A) The Yeerks are going for a covert invasion - having these stationed everywhere isn't very covert
B) Visser Three can also morph - wouldn't they attack him too?
C) You have to be in your natural form to acquire animals - since the Yeerks think the Animorphs are Andalite bandits, it shouldn't take a robot to spot an Andalite in public. And since they're actually humans, the robots wouldn't notice them anyway whilst they're acquiring, would they?

Forgive me if I've got something wrong - it's been years since I read this book.

Offline Tim Bruening

Re: Hunter Robots
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 01:44:55 AM »
Except,
A) The Yeerks are going for a covert invasion - having these stationed everywhere isn't very covert
B) Visser Three can also morph - wouldn't they attack him too?
C) You have to be in your natural form to acquire animals - since the Yeerks think the Animorphs are Andalite bandits, it shouldn't take a robot to spot an Andalite in public. And since they're actually humans, the robots wouldn't notice them anyway whilst they're acquiring, would they?

Forgive me if I've got something wrong - it's been years since I read this book.

A: Perhaps the Yeerks could disguise the Hunter robots as ordinary security cameras and SELL them to zoos and wildlife clinics!

B: Visser 3 doesn't appear to be in the habit of acquiring Terran animal morphs, so he's unlikely to visit zoos.  Also, I wasn't proposing that the robots kill Andalites on sight.  I would just have the robots alert Visser 3.

C: Ax is an Andalite, so the robots might catch HIM!  Also the Yeerks can't be everywhere at once.  The robots would serve as extra eyes.