Author Topic: The Solution: Tiger Escape  (Read 992 times)

Offline Tim Bruening

The Solution: Tiger Escape
« on: July 19, 2015, 02:13:19 AM »
[spoiler]PP 22-24: An unconscious and seriously wounded Jake tiger is in the mall.  Cassie's Mom recognizes him as a tiger from The Gardens (the one Jake had acquired) and comments that no one had alerted her to an escape. 

PP 38-39: Tiger Jake has been brought back to the Gardens for surgery.  Cassie revives him long enough for him to demorph, and he walks out, leaving a mystery.  Cassie's Mom wonders how a near-dead tiger disappeared from the surgery area, and reappeared in his environment, completely unharmed!  Was the original tiger Jake had acquired actually MISSING from his environment during the time Tiger Jake was at the mall and then at The Gardens?  If so, how did THAT tiger leave and then come back undetected?

[/spoiler]

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
Re: The Solution: Tiger Escape
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 06:53:04 AM »
No, it was never missing, that's why there was no being altered to an escape: there was no escape.

When they brought it back to the Gardens, they won't perform surgery in it's enclosure, and they probably didn't check every corner of the habitat to count the tigers when they had one bleeding to death on them
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 10:02:05 AM »
No, it was never missing, that's why there was no being altered to an escape: there was no escape.

When they brought it back to the Gardens, they won't perform surgery in it's enclosure, and they probably didn't check every corner of the habitat to count the tigers when they had one bleeding to death on them

So the mystery will deepen when the staff of The Gardens checks the security camera video of the tiger enclosure and discovers that the tiger in question WAS present all along!  Will Cassie's Mom report the anomoly?

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 10:18:51 AM »
I don't think zoos have cameras on each individual enclosure- especially 15 years ago. Thinking about most announced escapes (tiger in SF in 07), the video that comes out is almost always spectators who film it

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 10:24:59 AM »
I don't think zoos have cameras on each individual enclosure- especially 15 years ago. Thinking about most announced escapes (tiger in SF in 07), the video that comes out is almost always spectators who film it

I would have expected "The Gardens" to install cameras in the enclosures to find out who keeps breaking into the enclosures to harass the animals (and how they are getting over the fences!)!  I have heard rumors that the zoo security guards often find evidence of such break-ins.  (The Sharing seem particularally concerned about the health and safety of the animals.  I've read of them helping beached whales!).

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 10:55:24 AM »
Well clearly they didn't add cameras, or they would have been caught long ago.
It's not like when they went to the Gardens they punched the animals and kept them up all night, making the caretakers realize they'd been encountering people in the night. The Animorphs leave no evidence of there break ins. Securities looking for kids loitering, not digging through cages for people petting the rhinos.

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 11:06:58 AM »
Well clearly they didn't add cameras, or they would have been caught long ago.
It's not like when they went to the Gardens they punched the animals and kept them up all night, making the caretakers realize they'd been encountering people in the night. The Animorphs leave no evidence of there break ins. Securities looking for kids loitering, not digging through cages for people petting the rhinos.

Over the years, there have been numerous instances of "escaped animals" wrecking havoc in town.  Wouldn't that lead to pressure on "The Gardens" to install cameras in the enclosures to find out if their animals are to blame?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 11:12:17 AM by Tim Bruening »

Offline Dylan

• Jeremy Jason McCole's #1 Fan
  • Xtreme Member
  • Do you just hate trashcans?
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2015, 11:13:32 AM »
Those footprints probably got covered up. No evidence left behind.
Waffles. Nuf' Said.
2015: Best Newcomer to RAF
2015: Most Insane Member

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2015, 07:32:59 PM »
Those footprints probably got covered up. No evidence left behind.

Unfortunately, ater you responded, I changed my post to read: Over the years, there have been numerous instances of "escaped animals" wrecking havoc in town.  Wouldn't that lead to pressure on "The Gardens" to install cameras in the enclosures to find out if their animals are to blame?

Offline Dylan

• Jeremy Jason McCole's #1 Fan
  • Xtreme Member
  • Do you just hate trashcans?
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2015, 03:59:34 PM »
I guess that would. That probably is one of things that lead to reveal in 49.
Waffles. Nuf' Said.
2015: Best Newcomer to RAF
2015: Most Insane Member

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 10:58:10 PM »
I guess that would. That probably is one of things that lead to reveal in 49.

I expect that the disappearing tiger incident in "The Solution" might lead to the installation of camera in the enclosures.

P 130 of Book 2, "The Visitor":  Visser 3 tells Chapman that the "Andalites" used powerful Earth animals to attack the Yeerk Pool, and orders Chapman to find out how the Andalites obtained those morphs, since those types of animals are rare in the part of the world occupied by Yeerk HQ.  This should eventually lead Chapman to investigate "The Gardens", and perhaps deploy hunter robots in that zoo.

Did Cassie's Mom report the disappearance of the injured tiger, and its leader reappearance in its habitat?