Author Topic: Ketran Fix the Ending Game  (Read 2532 times)

Offline Alex Oiknine

• Gold Donor
  • I'm moving on, I'm moving on...
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~alexoiknine
Re: Ketran Fix the Ending Game
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 10:09:41 AM »
I think Erek was a bit ooc for that book. I think Jake taking choice away would have been a relief for Erek to be involved without the guilt. He really didn't want Earth to be destroyed. And in The Attack he was totally willing to ask the Ellimist to change his programming; he offered it immediately after the first battle when he realized the Animorphs were basically toast. He's not totally against fighting, just hates remembering it. So that anger fit at the end just hit me as really weird.

Now... What would I change....

I'm going to have to think about it.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 10:15:40 AM by Alex Oiknine »
http://www.fanfiction.net/~alexoiknine
http://alexoiknine.com
http://aximili.dreamwidth.org

The One (Completed)
The Rescue (Completed)
The Rendezvous (In Progress)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2010, 10:15:42 AM »
I think Erik could have been a bit more sympathetic to Jake, and I can't see many other ways to override Erik's programming.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline alaois

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2010, 11:18:58 AM »
^
As far as i can remember, the Permalites do not want to alter their programming. Only Erek decided to go gung-ho, and regretted it soon after. Jake may get the crystal, but would be unable to use it.

They could have trapped the Chee into altering their programming, like how Jake convinced Erek to go along with his plans at the end.

And even if they force Erek. Erek would have the capability to pulverize Jake. And the Animorphs. And the Earth itself.

Change:
Five Aux-Anis go with Rachel to kill Tom.
Effect: Rachel lives and Ax doesn't have to get assimilated! But the Auxes would might want to have revenge for the other Aux's mindless destruction.
minimalism: 3/10... way too direct.  maybe have a fly cross the path of one of the auxes when they're secretly living in the hork bajir colony, making him swat at it violently enough that he falls down a hill and happens to overhear Jake's plan and gets the auxes to go with rachel in secret... though that one would probably fail for feasibility
feasibility: 6/10... I know that they've gotten out of really tight spots before so in the context of the story it's fair to say a group of them might've been able to take down the blade ship and survive it, but we all know in a story the very end is where you actually start to get a bit more realistic with danger, since it's the perfect time to finally let some main character be killed off... so I'm not sure, I'm thinking with a group of the auxiliaries, they might still have died trying.
satisfaction: 9.5/10... yeah, everyone wants to see Rachel live, or AT LEAST not have died in vain.  but the lack of minimalism totally disqualifies your plan IMO.

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2015, 02:48:45 PM »
This sounds kind of interesting. I'll give it some thought.

Change: The Discovery: Adjust the clock on David's computer so that it is no longer an hour fast.

Effect: Marcos has time to prevent David's e-mail revealing his location from being sent to Visser 3.  The Animorphs are thus able to negotiate morphing cube terms in a calm environment free of Visser 3 and Hork-Bajir.  David's parents are not turned into Controllers.  David does not get scared out of his wits, and has no reason to later betray the Animorphs.  David joins the Animorphs, who feel free to use the cube to augment their forces to the point of being able to overwhelm the Yeerks.  Victory comes sooner, and there is a greater chance of saving Tom.

How about the opposite game: Play the Crayak, and make a small change that gives the Yeerks the victory!