Author Topic: Yeerks in the Megaman ZX universe?  (Read 1258 times)

Offline super_sonic

• Well, this is new. Showing remorse, Eggman?
Yeerks in the Megaman ZX universe?
« on: July 09, 2009, 01:36:15 PM »
I was wondering if the Yeerks would be able to take control of the Megaman ZX world (since the Humans and Reploids are one species now-- "Humanoids")...
The present day... The here and now that you've stolen... Time to take it back!

Offline AlothAssassin

• Banned
Re: Yeerks in the Megaman ZX universe?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 02:05:47 PM »
Come on, buddy.  Quit all this, it's ridiculous.

O hayy, I wundu if Andalights cud blow up a Gundum Winngz?
"Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue, Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn børk! børk! børk!" - The Swedish Chef.

“He is very wise man and very strong - although perhaps not so strong as his father Barbara.  Tough guy!" - Borat, on President Bush.

esplin

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 02:07:20 PM »

O hayy, I wundu if Andalights cud blow up a Gundum Winngz?
lol.

Offline Adrian Malacoda

• Break me off a piece of that
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 05:31:51 PM »

Ridiculous? C'mon man, we're having fun here. Some of us have the sort of mind for crossovers. You, it seems, don't, so please don't spoil our fun. :)

I can't contribute here because I haven't played any of the ZX series. A true Reploid, being a wholly artificial android, could not become a Controller. However, if these Humanoids were cyborgs (which is what they seem to be) then it is possible. Then again, it depends on whether or not they have an organic brain, because that is what Yeerks take over. Dr. Gero, despite mostly being a machine, could become a Controller because his brain is organic, for example.
Free Software Foundation associate member #8136

Offline AlothAssassin

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 06:12:56 PM »
It's not the first one of these threads.

Hence, ridiculousopolous.
"Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue, Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn børk! børk! børk!" - The Swedish Chef.

“He is very wise man and very strong - although perhaps not so strong as his father Barbara.  Tough guy!" - Borat, on President Bush.

Offline JFalcon

• I need to get out more . . .
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 12:28:13 AM »
Well I don't see the harm in asking, and I'm willing to bet these questions have never been asked before so no danger of repeat threads, though the theme of them seems a bit repetitive sometimes ideas just come later on. Still I have to admit some of these topics have been a bit out there you just have to have an open mind. If multiple similar subject topics are a problem you could just make a single topic of "Interesting Enemies of the Yeerks" or something more cleverly named and when you have a new idea for a crossover just list it and get the reactions there.

Now, as for the topic itself . . . I unno, I'm utterly unfamiliar with anything beyond Megaman 6 and X-4, the only games I played, I vaguely remember the old cartoon . . . still if Megaman were humanish and thereby infestable the Yeerks might have interest and the fact that he can not only transform his hand into a gun but actually replicate the weapons of others would suggest (to me anyway) that he might even be able to take on Yeerk technology and replicate it so this might not be as out there as it initially sounds.

And since Megaman is like uber vulnerable to spikes Hork-Bajir blades would be far from ineffective so neither side would be ineffective against the other, it could be a decent match up really.
"I would be a ghost of this dynasty before I'd be a general of rebels and traitors!" ~ Pang De, Romance of the Three Kingdoms

"My brain! My brain! Me hurty to think!" ~ Zim, Invader Zim

"Fight it off? You must have me confused with someone who's brave." ~ Church, Red vs Blue

Offline AlothAssassin

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 08:10:12 AM »
Oh Lordy.

Offline Adrian Malacoda

• Break me off a piece of that
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009, 06:37:15 PM »
Now, as for the topic itself . . . I unno, I'm utterly unfamiliar with anything beyond Megaman 6 and X-4, the only games I played, I vaguely remember the old cartoon . . . still if Megaman were humanish and thereby infestable

Megaman is of human design, but he is a complete android. Unless his cybernetic "brain" was an exact functional duplicate of an organic brain, he would not be infestable. He does not, strictly speaking, have completely free will either. X is supposed to be "the first robot who could think for itself." However, I'm fairly sure X is a true android just like his predecessor.
Free Software Foundation associate member #8136

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 10:35:27 PM »
He is talking about a series beyond Megaman, Mega Man X, and Zero . . . the ZX games . . . a far-flung future if I'm correct.

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline JFalcon

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2009, 10:44:54 PM »
Megaman is of human design, but he is a complete android. Unless his cybernetic "brain" was an exact functional duplicate of an organic brain, he would not be infestable. He does not, strictly speaking, have completely free will either. X is supposed to be "the first robot who could think for itself." However, I'm fairly sure X is a true android just like his predecessor.

Oh-ho, well couldn't the Yeerks just go after who's controlling them? Because like I said I only played 6 and X-4 so I'm not uber knowledgeable about the universe, but if MM doesnt have free will he must be controlled by someone or some programing.

Well even so as long as Megaman is vulnerable to spikes he'll be vulnerable to Hork-Bajir blades and it remains a fair match up, and if he doesnt have free will the Yeerks can program him and set him loose on the Andalites  :P
"I would be a ghost of this dynasty before I'd be a general of rebels and traitors!" ~ Pang De, Romance of the Three Kingdoms

"Fight it off? You must have me confused with someone who's brave." ~ Church, Red vs Blue

Offline AlothAssassin

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2009, 11:25:35 PM »
Or a Pool Ship would just vaporize "Mega Man" from space, and the 300 square miles of earth around the spot he's standing on.

Offline JFalcon

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2009, 12:44:19 AM »
Well sure if they don't care about being subtle  :P

Offline AlothAssassin

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2009, 01:24:46 AM »
Why would they?

They're only into subtlety in the case of humans because they can achieve the same endgame result, with fewer casualties of their own.  Not because we're a serious threat, but because they simply lose less people if they outsmart us than if they merely outgun us.

With Megaman, there's no reason for subtlety.  Even Visser One, with all her sneakiness, would just order the guy atomized, dust in the wind.

Offline JFalcon

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2009, 12:52:29 PM »
Granted but how do they benefit from it? Destroying Megaman just puts the rest of the robots on alert since hey, a huge friggin beam just shot down from the sky and atomized their hero. They have space platforms and ships and such, they would mount an offensive against the Yeerks and its right back to it being a simple fight just minus Megaman, still there's Zero, every boss and the masses of minions to throw themselves at the Yeerks in wave after costly wave so being subtle isn't exactly a bad thing here.

The Yeerks gunning Megaman with the pool ship gets the job done but why not just learn to control him instead? That costs less and gives them shock troops superior even to Hork-Bajir because no Yeerks need to die in the heads of a Megaman robot, and as we all know the little ones regenerate when they're out of sight, walk off screen and when you come back there they are, the punks.

So while the Yeerks can easily just blast the whole planet from pace and probably get tangled in a minor space battle, maybe lose a pool ship if megaman's robo-buddies get insanely lucky but far more likely lose just a few squads of bug fighters, and they do this why? They have to have a motivation, otherwise unless they thought the robo-thingies were a threat to them they'd just keep flying through space and leave the little planet alone.

Offline AlothAssassin

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2009, 02:46:50 AM »
Of course no one benefits.  Because the entire situation is hypothetical and ridiculous.  There's no reason for the Yeerks to outgun OR outsmart MegaMan, due to being part of two very different incongruous universes and never having a snowball's chance in hell of meeting anyway.

However, if by some crazy twisted looney-with-space-time-powers reason they did, MegaMan and everyone in his games would be molten metal.