Author Topic: Would you give up your DNA?  (Read 4756 times)

Offline Noelle

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • *Insert random text*
Re: Would you give up your DNA?
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2012, 09:10:06 AM »

Noelle, you say we should pick the ones we know are going to work out...how do you know it will? you can't exactly pick out people to keep alive. we let all kinds of crazy people loose in the world, why would the yeerks in human morph be any worse?

You've convinced my my stance was illogical.

Its just I understand that it would be stupid to let them ALL stay here.

Yet, it would be cruel to conscribe the ones that really really are good to a life as a slug when they really helped us free our own planet.

I guess I worded it stupidly.  I guess what I am trying to say is if they have PROVEN themselves to us in the sense that they fought their own race to free us from their own race, then they deserve the chance to try to make it in our society.

But if they were on the other side...pffft.  Get a taxxon and go away.  A willing Taxxon.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 01:11:54 PM by Noelle_Winters »

Offline bsrb13

« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2012, 12:32:15 PM »
hah i win!

i kid. i really understand what you mean, and why you feel that way. it'd be like letting known serial killers or war criminals out onto society.

i'm a tree hugging hippy and some what of a pacifist and optimist at heart, and i want everyone, alien or not, killer or not, to have a chance at a good life. i believe everyone should have the chance at a good life, and sometimes even if it means choking down the fact that they did horrible, god awful things. especially if they've done those things in the middle of a war they had no say in, like the ones we humans currently have, and like the ones the yeerks had with us (and others)

ask my friends, i can get really sappy and all that mess...i yearn for utopia and the good in all people >.> it's really sad, lol.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2012, 02:41:35 PM »

I mean...these people have to live in society with us...we better only pick the ones we KNOW are going to work out.   :o

Yeah, this comment seems a bit concerning. I mean, first off, we can't tell the future. We don't know who will and won't work out. The intent is good, but I can easily seeing this mindset leading to severe discrimination.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2012, 04:03:28 PM »
I think the human yeerks would have had a witness protection program style thing. they can live in any city in any country in the world that they want, and will be moved discreetly into a new life with fake files. They'll work for goverment run jobs, so to avoid employers blabbing.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Noelle

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • *Insert random text*
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2012, 04:22:12 PM »

I mean...these people have to live in society with us...we better only pick the ones we KNOW are going to work out.   :o

Yeah, this comment seems a bit concerning. I mean, first off, we can't tell the future. We don't know who will and won't work out. The intent is good, but I can easily seeing this mindset leading to severe discrimination.

Yeah, I agreed that it sounded bad, I amended in my second post.  :)

Offline Dylan

• Jeremy Jason McCole's #1 Fan
  • Xtreme Member
  • Do you just hate trashcans?
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2015, 03:03:25 PM »
Maybe if the yeerk did a Frolis Maneuver with me.:shrug:  I'd find it kind of creepy if yeerk was walking around, a nothlit of me.
Also sorry for bringing all these old posts back. :P :-[
Waffles. Nuf' Said.
2015: Best Newcomer to RAF
2015: Most Insane Member

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2015, 06:02:29 PM »
I'd do it, regardless.  Sure, I'd prefer if they used a Frolis maneuver, but if that weren't feasible, I wouldn't mind.  I figure the sacrifice on my part is much less than the sacrifice the Yeerk would be forced to make if I refused.

I'll do it for a million bucks!

Offline pallosalama

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2015, 11:20:54 PM »
I guess what I am trying to say is if they have PROVEN themselves to us in the sense that they fought their own race to free us from their own race, then they deserve the chance to try to make it in our society.

This one here is one double-bladed sword.
Which one do common opinion fall towards?

One who betrayed his own species for another?
One who fought another species(willingly or not)until the end?

Just pointing out, if he betrayed his own species while fighting humans, how can anyone make sure he won't do it again at another time, in other place?
Yet seeing your post made me think, "omg, I've never thought of that, you are an evil genius".