Author Topic: Yeerks after Earth is conquered  (Read 1341 times)

Offline Azguard

• God
Yeerks after Earth is conquered
« on: January 20, 2009, 02:48:05 AM »
 OK. Here's just a thought that I'm wondering. And maybe it's been done already, and I know there are those of you who say "the series is the way it is, leave it alone", but hey, I love speculation on harmless subjects so here goes.

Say the Yeerks take and enslave Earth after a long and costly war of attrition. They have to funnel for enslaveing (there would be almost like lottery picks) humans because there are just so many humans to be used as hosts and not enough Yeerks yet. By this point, the Yeerk Homeworld has been freed, and Yeerk forces are, let's say, quadrupled (and still increasing exponentially), and they are about to make their first attacks on the Andalite homeworld (they will soon outnumber all Andalite forces combined 3 to 1).

so here's my question, what would human life be like? and how would different things be affected? like human government.

i mean to start, I can see human puppet governments being set up, like what the Nazis did in Vichy France.
RAFcrushin on Tyler. Come on, isn't everyone?

Offline Gafrash

Re: Yeerks after Earth is conquered
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 04:22:52 AM »
This is a cool topic to imagine...

As it was sort of foreseen in #7: The Stranger and also in #41: The Familiar, we know what to expect of Earth under Yeerk domination.
It would have very much been mostly human-Controllers going about the surface on high-tech transport, without any unessential contact, purposefully going about their organized tasks to the Yeerk Empire. Maybe their equivalent of 'Sundays' would have been some vacations on the open ground-based pools, as opposed to their military service complexes.

The human race would have ended as we knew it. All human-made stuff that isn't valuable to the Yeerks, such as ornaments, landmarks, entertainment, surpassed-technology (the wheel, guns, tv, cars, computers, etc), historical records, etc... would have been destroyed. Human governments would be c-o-m-p-l-e-t-e history!
Whatever product of the human race they didn't want to incorporate, they would incenarate.
They may well chose to adopt the name of our nations as a form of separating zones of their new territory. And if so, even make use of some constructed suburbias.
But I cannot actually imagine (as some might picture) Yeerks spread throughout the 7 continents, living in mass civilized settlements (converted cities), serenely adapting to their human-Controllers way of life and mimicking the host's somewhat past daily routines. While being Controllers on Earth, they would STILL have some Sub-Visser or Visser or Council of Thirteen to submit to.

The Yeerks would have depleted Earth of all of its mineral resources. There would have been talks about drying out the oceans for more land.
I am not sure now if they WOULD have terminated all unecessary animals, since with the newly acquired Morphing tech they HAD to preserve animal species for 'ammunition' (to call it that). Not executing animals would mean, preserving animal habitats... So there's their whole 'destruction of Earth' execution hindered. But I still think, with the surface of the Earth changed, its atmosphere would follow.

... i mean to start, I can see human puppet governments being set up, like what the Nazis did in Vichy France.
PS: Azguard, call me ignorant, but I don't really know what the Nazis did here...

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 07:29:06 AM »
You know what would be interesting? If the Yeerks depleted the life in the oceans, but then turned the oceans into giant natural Yeerk Pools. This would be especially helpful if the Yeerk population vastly outnumbered the number of hosts. Or, if not the oceans, some of the inland lakes of particular size (ie the Great Lakes)

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 11:21:06 AM »
teach: oh my gosh. can you imagine that? The 5 Great lakes and others completed turned into gigantic Yeerk pools? We'd have Yeerrks going "Hi, I'm so and so from the Erie Pool". crazy!

gafrash: about the Nazis, there was a government set up by the French after France fell to the Germans. The collaborated heavily with the Germans, but I dun remember if they were Pro-Nazi, or if they were just a temporary government in alliance with the Germans.

I thought about this more last (this would make a great fanfic, and I think I might actually start writing it because the possibilities are endless, for example, Teach's yeerk pools), but I was wondering how the Yeerks would control that many humans. There are billions of us, and I don't think the Yeerk populations even reach into the billions. So...how would they do it?

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 09:22:39 PM »
I think the Yeerks thrived on shallow pools, not so much oceans or great big lakes... This topic would be really cool to ask the authors...

I would imagine keeping control on the humans would be a relatively simple task for the Yeerks with their scavanged superior tech. Beyond that, the series established that humans have a number of weaknesses the Yeerks could explore.
Matching population numbers also sounds relatively simple with the bearing of time, given the way the slugs reproduce.

Just imagine, every major city with a major pool on the center. Suburbias would have been condensed into tall buildings, for 'storing' the Controllers. The rims of the suburbia may have been waste lands. Bugfighters patrolling the airscapes. Destroyed surface scapes. Tightly controlled resources. And some sort of mirror of the Yeerks own Homeworld and you're half way there.

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 11:04:32 PM »
 I wonder what the numbers of Yeerks is. Like, their true populations.

Because, if there weren't that many, they'd have to start reproducing fast. And I can see how they could do that, given a few years to get it off to start growing exponentially. That's a big sacrifice, so I suppose they'd be using lower ranking Yeerks, or brainwashing some to sacrifice themselves to the cause.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 07:39:00 AM »
Plus they reproduce so quickly, I can imagine they would reach the billions in no time. If there are hundreds of grubs from three yeerks? The only issue would be convincing the Yeerks to mate (and die).

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013