Author Topic: Memoirs of a RAFian  (Read 594595 times)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
Re: Memoirs of a RAFian
« Reply #2595 on: September 06, 2013, 09:20:14 PM »
Now, funneling my anger and indignation into constructive ways, let's see if I can get the daily chapter up.

CHAPTER FOUR:
Headaches and Huzzahs

"Sorry for the delay, sir," Genies said, apologetically, "but the suit-jackers weren't exactly careful with your exosuits. Aquilai, Goom, and Yarin have done their best in repairing them. Esplin has installed a DNA recognizer, while Broken has instilled a soul recognizer. The suit-jacking shouldn't happen again until both recognizers have been zeroed out."

"Well, it'll be good not to have to take another day off of work," the father Arquillian said.

"Aw, does this mean I have to go back to school?" the child Arquillian said as both were lifted and carefully placed within the head ****pits. They reaccommodate themselves to their exosuit. They each gained DNA and soul memories of the two Arquillians. The faces would not lock or unlock for anyone else.

The father quickly moved the exosuit's face to lock into place and deftly got off the table, which was reclining at a fifty degree angle. He looked indistinguishable from any other human, species-wise and movement-wise.

The father called his boy's name, "Hurry up! I have to get to work soon."

He did with an unnecessary flourish, leaving his exosuit's face open.

"You know better than that!" the father scolded. "Boy, shut your face!"

Meanwhile, Gaz, Underseen and Cloak were dealing with a rather small problem. Small problem, large headache.

"Helmacrons have to be the most irritating species I ever --" Cloak began.

<Bow down and be our beasts of burden!!!>

"Oh, SHUT. UP!!!" Gaz screamed. It was the seven hundredth, give or take, time that they shouted something to that effect. After that many times, it becomes rather intolerable.

<Silence, male!>

Gaz was now even more livid -- if possible by a sentient being. Gaz viciously struck the ship, it's Dracon beams doing no damage, but inciting the wrath of Laserbeak.

The ship was quickly annihilated.

<We are not daunted!> one cried.

"Great," Underseen muttered, "where are they now?"

<We will not be defeated so easily!>

<We will take the cloaked one hosta-- AAAAAAAHHHHHH!>

<AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!>

<AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!>

<AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!>

"Uh, yeah," Cloak said, dryly. "You can't hold me hostage by doing that."

"Doing what?" Underseen said.

"Entering my body, and holding it hostage."

"Oh."
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 10:32:24 PM by CloakedFigure »

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Underseen

• One of RAFs resident ShapeShifters
  • Xtreme Member
  • Feisty Generation Fifteen
« Reply #2596 on: September 06, 2013, 10:19:11 PM »
I was pretty sure we have some Helmacrons on RAF.
RAF awards 2012: Best Newcomer... It feels good too

Well, Blue is my RAFcousin.
 Blaze is my RAFbrother and formidable rival.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #2597 on: September 06, 2013, 10:30:45 PM »
*shrugs*

The Marks make them sane, then? Eh, call it a plothole, I guess. I still think Helmacrons would be annoying.

CHAPTER FIVE:
Attempted Ambush

"Wait, aren't there Helmacron RAFians?" Underseen asked.

"I dunno," Gaz said. "Probably doesn't mean anything."

"I highly doubt that they are affliated with --" Cloak began.

<Give us the amplifying source!> Another Helmacron ship had showed up, making demands.

Cloak looked a little disgruntled. "I'm getting a little tired of being interrupted."

<Give us the amplifying source! Give it to and live as our debased swine!>

Cloak snapped his fingers and the ship exploded. He looked at the shocked faces on Gaz and Underseen. He said, "Oh, come off it. You know that their minds are indestructible, that they'll just emerging with all others of their species."

"Still," Gaz said. "Still a little dark for you."

And Cloak's guilty conscience coalesced into qualms. He was scared of turning into Malice.

It was some time later. The Helmacrons, despite their usual mental instability, did not come demanding the "amplifying source" whatever it was. Cloak still had his qualms about being so hasty with that ship.

It was newbie registering day, which was a big to-do. Cloak was in attendance, although he wanted to stay in his thread and brood. But Gaz, Aquilai, and Saffa would not have it.

But Cloak's eyes widened when he saw the applicants registering. They were all human -- a girl in a girlscout uniform, a boy in generic clothing, a mail carrier, a shirtless surfer in loud trunks with an equally loud surfboard, a police officer . . . all in all about 27 applicants.

"Wait, hold on!" Cloak cried out.

"Yeah," Saffa said. "Something's off here."

Cloak looked at her as if he wondered how she could know just how bad things were. Then he realized Saffa was just put off by the dressing choices of the applicants. After all, she could neither Earthsight or Metalsight as he could.

"No, Saffa. Exosuits! The lot of them!"

"So we add a couple of Arquillians to --"

"No, not Arquillians. Fmeks!"

With the cat out of the bag, they dropped all pretense and attacked.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 08:05:11 AM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline theyoungphoenix

• still abby
  • Xtreme Member
  • "I'm honestly a huge dork."
    • My Book
« Reply #2598 on: September 07, 2013, 08:11:12 AM »
Well...that's a problem... Great chapters, again, Cloaky. :D

Oh, and do you want me to mail you the PDF of the last book?
Yes, please. :)
My Tumblr
Saffa is my shorm and RAFtwin. :D Lumy is my awesomeful RAFbrother. ;D
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer 2013
Best RAFian Supervillan/Minion Duo 2013 (Saffa/Abby :D Morph Twins)
RAFian Artist of the Year 2016

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #2599 on: September 07, 2013, 08:26:58 AM »
Well. That escalated quickly.

Abby: done. :)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #2600 on: September 07, 2013, 11:01:07 AM »
And there's actually a reason for that. Which you'll probably find out about sometime this afternoon, when I post the next chapter (obviously, I'm off today).

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #2601 on: September 07, 2013, 11:04:58 AM »
Yay for off days! Best days ever. :)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #2602 on: September 07, 2013, 11:44:09 AM »
Too right. You gotta write when the juices are flowing.

Speaking of which:

CHAPTER SIX:
Motives

Suddenly, ten of the exosuits floated in midair. Cloak was using his despised mechbending. He did not hesitate but this time he would not hate himself -- the exosuits were not sentient or capable of truly feeling. Cloak could be ruthless when needed, apparently.

With ten simultaneous hissings, the faces popped open and the Fmeks ditched them . . . only to be quickly and easily rounded up by Helen and Sam.

"Give us the stature amplification device!" Girl Scout snarled with a most disturbing tone. Yarin certainly looked disturbed.

Cloak proceeded to mechbend the next ten. This time it took longer for the ten to abandon the exosuits and be rounded up with their fellows.

"Give us --" said the surfer.

"Coming here like that, and even attacking us, was a futile gesture at best." Richard said. "Tell me . . . why do you think that we would acquiesce to your demands when your force is more than half gone?"

"G-give . . ." stuttered the mailman, before changing tact, calling to the other six, "Retreat. Tactical retreat!"

Faerie, Saffa, and Sakki made to go after them, before Parker stopped them.

"No," he said. "We've proven that they are no threat to us. We'll find them when we need to."

"Besides," Cloak added, slightly disgusted with himself for mechbending, "we need to find out what exactly they want."

"I would thought that was very clear," Abby said. "They want whatever this 'stature amplification device' thing is."

Yarin squirmed and Cloak quickly noticed. Cloak eyed the Nyac suspiciously.

"Some sort of growth-enchacing thing maybe?" Underseen guessed with a shrugged.

Parker's eyes widened.

"Like Yarin's microwave!" Horse gasped.

"FOOD YIELD INCREASER!!!" Yarin roared.

"But that's impossible," Blaze said. "I smashed it to bits!"

Cloaked shrewdly examined Yarin's body language, then facepalmed. "And you rebuilt it, didn't you, Yarin?"

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #2603 on: September 07, 2013, 11:49:41 AM »
Yes! The FYI. I loved that book! :D

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #2604 on: September 07, 2013, 09:44:13 PM »
Let's try this again.

CHAPTER SEVEN:
The Warring Ones

<We must get to the amplifying device!> commanded a harsh female voice.

<Before the beanheads!> another added.

<Death to the grain-brains!> yet another declared.

<To the greatness of the Helmacron Empire!> another one proclaimed.

It was like some sort of weird pep rally aboard the third Helmacron ship. It hovered just outside RAF, in the no-man's-land between RAF and the Bannedlands. Yet, they were just posturing. They haven't gotten around to actually discussing just how they were going to accomplish this.

But it was inevitable for the topic to come up. And when it did . . . well, swords got involved. If they managed to increase their size with the FYI . . . it was a truly terrifying prospect.

Back in the warehouse that Gary once used for a home base, a headquarters, lurked the Fmek commandos. The walls were lined with every exosuit in the tri-state area, barring the two that were repaired by Aquilai, Goom, and Yarin and the twenty in RAFian custody. None were legally owned by the Fmeks, and all were stolen.

The seven that had escaped were on their knees . . . er, their exosuits were on their knees with their heads, er, ****pits bowed, face plates wide open.

Before them, a slim-bodied exosuit designed to look like a blonde, tanned twenty-something, wearing a reddish-orange tracksuit with white trim. He was piloted by the Fmek commander, and he had the face plate open as the others did.

"Twenty." he said, with obviously supressed anger. "You fools allowed twenty exosuits to be taken."

"Forgive me, sir," said a Fmek piloting the surfer exosuit, "but we didn't --"

"And twenty of our people dead," he said.

"They were captured, sir," said the Fmek piloting the girl scout. "Captured, not killed."

The commander whipped around so fast that his face plate slammed shut. The faux face that was completely blank before now reflected the commander's fury. He spoke through the exosuit, "THEY MIGHT AS WELL BE!! Especially if they talk!"

The commander straightened up and pressed the button on the lobe of his exosuit's ear. The face went blank as it swung open.

"What's worse is that you blew your cover! Now the vermin and the guardians of the device are put on guard!"

"No, sir!" the Fmek piloting the boy exosuit protested. "We were keeping up the pretense and no one was any the wiser! But the cloaked one knew the truth somehow without anyone dropping the pretense."

He whipped around, slamming the face plate again, and said "What? You're sure?"

"Yes, sir!"

"We may need to keep the Arquillians around, after all," he said thoughtfully, looking at a kitty carrier where the Arquillians cowered, and the young ones cried.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #2605 on: September 08, 2013, 08:22:40 AM »
Let's if this works. Damn unreliable internet and all.

CHAPTER EIGHT:
Desperate Debates

While the Helmacron ship stayed within the borders of the no-man's-land between the RAFians grounds and the Bannedlands, the RAFians (who were fully aware of the Helmacron ship's location) were debating on what to do.

"NO!!!" Yarin roared. "I FORBID SUCH A THING!!!"

"No one told you to rebuild the damn thing!" Parker snarled.

"Have you forgot that it made me into a mammoth monster?" Horse asked rhetorically.

"I fixed that malfunction!" Yarin said."It shan't happen again!"

"You can't know that!" Blaze said. "You're a telepath with marginal telekinesis. You don't have premonitions or visions."

"And if you recently got such an ability, you should have told us." Gaz said, arms folded. Laserbeak was perched, resolute and reserved, on her shoulder.

"The FYI must be destroyed," Richard decided. "I'm sorry, Yarin, but the dangers outweigh any benefit."

"No!"

"And you must not rebuild it ever again," Phoenix added, foreseeing a possible problem. Richard nodded at this.

Yarin looked as if the mods had took his child and ripped apart before him. As Aquilai would if the same was decided of his TARDIS.

"But it . . . it's necessary! It could end universe-wide hunger!" Yarin tried.

"Or make a masdive troop of Helmacrons!" RYTX countered. "Or these Fmek things. Neither are at all desirable."

This argument would continue for several more moments before Yarin was forced, by sheer numbers of the others and their well-founded objections.

Cloak, however, was pondering about something completely different. Fmeks did not  make exosuits, at least not of the quality of those that they piloted, which were nearly flawless in their deception. Blue noticed that Cloak was sitting apart from the arguments over the FYI. He went over to Cloak, and asked, "What are you thinking, Cloak?"

"The Fmeks. The exosuits." Cloak answered with obvious sincerity. "From what I know of Fmeks, those exosuits were a lot more sophisticated, design-wise, than anything they could manufacture. A lot more sophisticated."

"What are you getting at?" Blue asked, though he had a shrewd idea.

"Think about it. The ladt time two Fmeks were discovered piloting those exosuits, they were reported stolen. Now we have twenty of the twenty-seven piloted by Fmeks. Yet no reports of theft, none at all. None have been filed. Arquillians would never sell an exosuit either."

Blue nodded sadly, "The Fmeks must be keeping the Arquillians hostage."

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #2606 on: September 08, 2013, 08:58:18 AM »
I just noticed that Malice has had no role so far in this mini-war.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #2607 on: September 08, 2013, 09:15:26 AM »
Yeah, and she won't. Not until Book LI (51), though she'll have a cameo at the end of Book L (50).

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #2608 on: September 08, 2013, 09:29:07 AM »
Even the villains need their off days. ;)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #2609 on: September 08, 2013, 10:14:20 PM »
Too right. All that scheming and villainous laughter can take it out of you.

Sorry, I couldn't post another chapter earlier. Internet got buggy.

CHAPTER NINE:
The Next Step

The FYI, despite Yarin's many, prominent protests, was systematically destroyed. Each part was broken down molecularly, and the blueprints seized and destroyed.

"That was overkill!" Yarin complained petulantly. "Completely unnecessary!"

"It was a needed precaution, Yarin, you understand," Wild said.

"I disagree!"

"We know!" Faerie said, rubbing her temples. "You won't shut up about it!"

"It is my --"

"It was your bad judgement," Parker snapped. "I remember what happened to the last one. You can claim it was a malfunction you fixed all you want, that does not eliminate the use to which the Fmeks and Helmacrons desire it for!"

"Yeah," Horse said, heatedly, "you're not stupid, Yarin. I know you remember too. But you disregarded it when you rebuilt the blasted thing!"

You know you've done wrong when the usually mild-tempered Horse yells at you. It certainly shut Yarin up but he looked surly and mutinous still.

"You guys do realize when the Fmeks or Helmacrons discover the destruction of the microwave --" Poparena began.

"Food Yield Increaser!" Yarin snarled, nettled.

"-- that they'd decide to go after the microwave's --"

"Food Yield Increaser!"

"-- inventor instead?" Poparena finished as if he were never interrupted.

Silence met this pronouncement for a few minutes.

"That's a good point." SuperNate said, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

"Yeah . . ." Richard said. "Yarin'll need a full guard."

"Do I have a say in that?" Yarin said testily. "I don't need a single guard, much less a full team! I can take care of myself! Especially from such miniscule threats!"

"Be that as it may," Richard said, "I rather think it an apt idea."

"But we also need to rescue the Arquillian hostages," Cloak said.

"You don't know that they have hostages," Poparena pointed out. "Not for a fact."

"Perhaps," Cloak conceded, "but the evidence points to it."

(January 7, 2020)